Sha’Carri Richardson it just ain't right

So the fastest women in the US gets banned from the Olympics for testing positive for weed. I've been smoking for years and I know weed has many benefits running faster, in my humble experience, is not one of them. She took full responsibility for her actions and made no excuses. Her dream however has been shattered while if she just stuck to gin and juice she'd have been fine. What BS....sorry for the rant.....

Comments

• I agree. The IOC is still in the 1980's when it comes to cannabis consumption.

• Such a shame, the archaic thinking. Is caffeine banned too? Way more of a performance enhancing drug than cannabis if you ask me. I really hope they let her run - she’s worked hard to get where she is at the peak of her career. She made a bad decision but props to her for owning it.. but jeez just LET HER RUN ALREADY

• Just think, if she had a penis and still claimed to be a woman, not only could she compete but would be praised for doing so...lol

• There are still remnants of "reefer madness" throughout our society through laws and regulations...

• No thc when running but female transitioning to male taking testosterone can win girls wrestling tournaments for scholarships?

• The whole world makes zero sense.

• As an aside, why does Japan put the Olympics forward despite it not being safe there? They did her a favor.

• Is Japan not safe? I missed something. What's the threat over there, @MikeyC ?

• Godzilla

• Speaking of godzilla that latest batch of glue was very nice

• edited July 10

Some years ago I realized just how pointless the Olympics are. Here are athletes that play sports just about none of us watch except for 2-3 weeks every 4 years.

I would rent my house out for a year's salary if they ever came to my city.

I can't think of a more unlikely scenario that either I or my significant other would suggest a trip to the Olympics to spend $30,000 or more.

• @Sixwaychili It's an archaic holdover from a 20th Century that wanted to celebrate itself to be "as great as Rome". With internet making it easy to see, and the normal marketing stardom that happens with athletes since the Michael Jordan wave of the 80's/90's (and the obvious corruption in the system itself), the Olympics is no more important than any other sporting event broadcast at any other time. The medals and position of Olympic winner is no longer a premiere spot to be in as the 21st century world devolves into the century of self...

• Well said!! @OzBaxter Very nicely put.

• The same people that said potheads were lazy and slow are the same ones saying it’s a performance enhancing drug. 🤦‍♀️ Pick a lane. Anyone who is the fastest person on earth and still smokes weed deserves 2 gold medals.