Happy Hour Review

Taste 2/10
Smell 3/10
Texture 1/10 Bone Dry
Buzz 3/10 not particularly strong
B grade would not consider it a premium strain
Maybe after a few days with Boveda the smell and taste will pick up but preferring strong strains this one falls way short and I can see myself burning through it quickly. It may be I enjoy more cerebral strains which, initially at least, this one doesn't seem to be. Perhaps someone more inclined to Indica's may like it but I also don't feel much of a body buzz either. There was a considerable amount of shake at the bottom of the bag which may have been a result of the dryness. When I ground it up it was very powdery, dusty almost. Asked to split it with a zip of Trop Cookies but instead got 2 zips of this so nothing else to review. Strains are subjective so I hope anyone else who gets this enjoys it more than I do.

Comments

• When I ordered some flower a while back it was also really dry and dusty. Don't know if it was because it was vacuum sealed for a while or what.

• @DudleyDiccle I have gotten everything from pretty moist to bone dry, hope the Boveda Paks perks it up a bit.

• Damn that sucks. “Straight fire weed” in the description had me sold but now I’m worrying. Anyone else receive it yet? I’m supposed to get mine Monday

• When I got the fruit loops while back I was initially lil underwhelmed from rave reviews and descriptions but couple days in boveda brought it all the way back and was definitely lot closer to site description after, that's unfortunate tho

• Luckily if I order bovedas today, they’ll be here when my bud arrives so I’m getting them preemptively

• @whatever1956 can you post some pics

• @Kayla LOL I'm one of those old dudes who takes a selfie-and all you see is his nose. The buds are light green with lots of red hairs and you can see crystals in a lense, the buds look nice and I'll revise the buzz rating to a 5/10 as it does grow on you but it's not a typical Indica high at least with the typical "heaviness". My disappointment is that I see no discernable difference in the quality of this bud and the Lodi Dodi or the Fruit Punch I recently got from Loud at ID price, and both were A maybe A+, So is the premium label just an arbitrary price point based on the shipper's cost or a true indicator of quality? Also, I would not be exaggerating when I say I was drooling over the thought of trying the Trop Cookies so when I got 2 zips of the HH instead of the 1 plus 1 I was truly disheartened and now of course someone will post a stellar review of the Trop Cookies while I lament what could have been. I don't normally type this much so maybe there is a creative side to this strain but I already have the Lodi Dodi for that and it is superb. So for the next few weeks, I'll resign myself to kissing my sister as it were.

• See I was more impressed with the frankinstien than the LD but different chemistry make up and different strokes I suppose can chalk that up to. But definitely agreed on the fruit punch being stellar and LD is pretty asf just didn't hit me way other's reviews indicated

• How much damage can be done and a boveda pack can still bring it back? I have some flowers that I've had for four months and it's pretty dry now. Do you think a boveda will rehydrate it?

• As long as you're not storing your bud in direct sunlight or unopened, bovada packages will do a satisfactory job of rehydrating not what it's lost but it is better than the alternative. When I get dryer flower I'll take 2 boveda packs and put one in the bottom of a CV vault and then the one or ones on top. Does wonders for tired but not dead buds.

• @DudleyDiccle i totally agree with @MNTDWLER , make sure to keep your stuff sealed tight & in a cool DARK area. if you do this, you can 'bring back" bud that is really old. i've done it with bud that's like 6-8 months+ old .

of course there is a limit but i would DEFINITELY order a couple dozen boveda and have them around. i lost the energy to keep EVERY one of my little jars at the perfect 62% .. i have a ridiculous amount of strains with anywhere from 1-5 grams left. . and even tho i can't keep up with all of them, i have a kind of 'rotation' going where i'll put about 3 strains in my desk and when i get bored with them or run out, i'll go put fresh Bovedas into about 2-3 old jars and then BAM in about 2-3 days i have totally new bud to smoke again. lol

that's the simplified version but basically what happens more or less .

• @v32Finish how long till the boveda pack should be replaced? And 2-3 days is how long it takes to rehydrate?

• Normally a couple of months depending on what you start with. Dry bud pulls moisture from anything around. So if it's really dry check it in a week or so. Back in the compressed weed days I've used lettuce leaves to get a little moisture in the bud's. 😛 wasn't the best but what can you do, It's organic .

• @DudleyDiccle yeah basically what MNT said.. you gotta just check em. you will always be able to tell - when they are fresh, they are soft and pliable; when they are finally gone they dry out & become hard. yeah, i usually just put them in a sealed tupperware, with a container of water set beside it (not submerged IN the water but just both sealed in the same container).... after leaving it overnight, it looks just like new, but to be safe i always then wait at least half a day before using them because i had issues where i put a "wet" boveda into several jars and ended up getting alot of good bud way too moist

either way, you'll have no problem feeling it out. i need to order some more, myself

• *just re-read your comment- def. does not take 2-3 days to re-hydrate. i would say more in the neighborhood of like 8 hours. if that.

• Just got mine and it’s definitely some of the more dry bud I’ve gotten from here. Mine had a pretty decent smell but I got some nice nugs and live in a pretty humid area. One of them has a weird white part on it, like there’s no color on part of the nug so I’m not really sure what that is. I’m really liking the high although it’s the first thing I’ve smoked after a two week t-break so that may be affecting my judgement. For me, it was one of those strains where you knew you were high before you exhaled. I’m feeling perfectly relaxed and rather creative. I’m very hopeful to see how much the Boveda is going to help. Will report back after it does it’s magic

• @Slabsofdabs I just got mine today but I've been out of town. Plan on smoking some in a bit and I'll have pics up tomorrow for anyone wanting to see. I pre-rolled a joint before I left, so no full nugs on me. Super frosty and looked almost identical to the Pink Champagne I ordered (which is 🔥🔥) I almost thought I was duped until I cracked the bud open. WAY different smell. Has that stronnnng cheesy smell. I hate it but it's usually a good sign of some loud lol.