How to store shrooms?

I got some taj mahal coming and im wondering how/where to store them for maximum potency/longevity

Comments

• Not sure if this is the best method, but this is what I'm doing. I have the shrooms in a ziploc bag, I put the bag in an airtight container with a food grade silica gel packet. I keep the container in a locked safe in my basement. I check every couple of weeks or so. So far, so good.

• I store them cracker dry with dessicant packets in mason jars. Keep em in the dark...they will stay potent for a while.

• Use a food dehydrator for long term storage or a Mason jar with a desiccant for a shorter duration of storage.

• Do you think it will be good if I just keep it in the bags they send it in without opening it?

• @DudleyDiccle Yes, especially if they sent them vacuum-sealed (usually they do). They are already dried, so just leave them vacuum-sealed, and they will be good for at least 2-3 years (store in a cool and dark place). Or you can freeze them (only if they are dried, which they are), and they will last almost indefinitely.

• You can water extract the psilocin and freeze that water. The psilocin turns the water blue, so you end up with blue ice cubes. Mr Staments once said its one of his favorite ways to store. Works best if you have a large amount. Once extracted, you can throw the ground cellulose remains into soups or stews.

• Storing as ice cubes is a new one for me. Pretty good idea! I see visions of summer fun. Sipping hibiscus mushroom tea, discreetly, quickly, and easily, while others consume their alcohol.

• As @MikeyC's article points out, the hard work is already done: these are dried and arrive in a perfect condition to put in the fridge, in a dark drawer. Once opened, the package contents can be placed in any container that blocks light. Air is the enemy, of course, but storage is remarkably uncomplicated other than that.

• @PCT90 a food dehydrator is for drying them.
    They should snap; if they dont they are not fully dry.

• Yes @nefgreen drying them for long term storage.

• @PCT90 @nefgreen Do you guys think the Golden Teachers aren’t fully dried? I wasn’t sure myself. That’s why I ask. Some of the caps don’t look wrinkled at all. I’m not sure if they all snap. I’ll have to check next time I use them.

• edited December 2020

@dennyt I cant answer that as I've never actually bought shrooms of any sort from @medman, yet