Real Mushrooms?

edited May 2021 in General

I live in southeast Texas on a ranch and have come across many different types of mushrooms. I just wanted to share some of the odd mushrooms I find around here and yes we have cattle. I don’t know what I’m looking at so I’m not about to experiment

Im going to order some of those magic chocolate bars soon as I've had them in the past and the were AWESOME! .

Comments

• The first one looks like amanita muscaria or fly agaric. It has hallucinogenic properties but is poisonous.

• @bluedreamer Yeah that’s what I found as well. The others are showing as Panaeolus which I found

“ Some members of the genus Panaeolus contain psilocin and psilocybin, which are nerve-damaging toxins. Ingestion of these mushrooms can cause hallucinations, and some people experience stomach upset as well. When you find these mushrooms, do not collect or eat them. If you experience discomfort after ingesting them, seek medical help as soon as possible.”

I just find all the different plants on my dads place. Two different kinds of berries; dew and blackberries and we have several “toothache trees” which if you chew the bark it numbs your mouth.

I collect the berries and eat them however I’m not brave enough to experiment with the shrooms haha. I’ll stick with ordering from here. 😉