Edibles do they work?

I have heard that edibles do not work on some people. For me I have had edibles that have given me a great time and even made me faint once, (which was my first time ever fainting) but the edibles from both loud and med mama have NOT worked. I have taken (4) 25mg from the old med mama and (5) 50mg from loud with not a single effect or feeling. I have recently had a friend give me two 10mg gummies from CO and I did feel an effect from that, (not as much as some others). I can’t believe that edibles from this site don’t work when the bud and vape and wax has been good.

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited January 2022

Edibles never do anything for me. They never have. Every now and then I would have one that seemed like it almost did something that almost felt like a little buzz, but that's about it. Most of the time, nothing. If that's been your experience too then yeah you're probs just one of those unlucky people!

• In my experience, edibles hit everyone differently. I’ve known people with high tolerances that get rocked by edibles, and I’ve known people with low tolerances that they don’t do a thing. It’s honestly all up to you and how well you do with them. I recommend trying taking them on an empty stomach and to not smoke beforehand. I’ve heard people say “smoking helps activate them” but that’s never been the case for me

• I eat about 30mg of some gummies I get locally and feel pretty buzzed. I grabbed a few of the 25 mg gum drops from Mama here last year and needed 50-75 mg of those to really feel it but I ate a single 25mg Jolly chip I got as a freebie one time and that hit me hard. I have friends who can eat 5-10mg and be rocked and others who say they have eaten 100+ and not felt a thing. I guess the point is that YMMV and body chemistry and edible doses vary.

• Things that can make edibles work include eating fat/a fatty meal 2 hours before, Tums, sodium citrate, MCT oil, lechitin and other secrets...

• I take the edible gummies and my dosage is 35mg or so. When I take the gum drops which are my favorite I take about 25-50mg. I also smoke but the edibles have helped me smoke less

• I don't get anything from edibles less than 500mg. Dono why. Sucks because it makes it expensive and if I could use 5mg like everybody else they would last me forever

• The 1 thing that helps edibles work for me is taking them on an empty tummy.

Although, my tummy isn't a normal one as I have had 85% removed with gastric sleeve surgery 8 years ago.

• Love all the comments. Thanks. Really helps. Felt like I was getting ripped off at one time. Like the comment about needing more then 500mg to feel anything. Maybe that’s me. I have like maybe 300mg left. Maybe I will take them all and see what happens but yay I can’t afford to buy 300 or 500mg one dose.