Crypto taxes - Please Read

This is an addendum to @907ok420 original post. I've actually been freaking out about this the past few hours.

Yes I assume a good chunk of us here have cashed out or converted our crypto. That being said, if its even $1, you have to report it and pay potential taxes. Total fucking bullshit. So let me repeat......even if you never cashed out, but you simply converted crypto....you have to report this. I was really under the impression that you didn't have to do anything if the broker didn't file a 1099 or the gains were trivial....like below $600.

Luckily, Coinbase has the information that you need for the capital gains/losses under the tax section. I hope CoinMamma and Cashapp will have similar reports that can be downloaded.

Now here is the better part. I plugged the .csv file from Coinbase into TurboTax and it takes care of it all. It says the file is specifically for TurboTax. I was using TaxAct for the longest time but I couldn't figure out how to input the info. So if you haven't done your taxes yet and you need to report your crypto....just use TurboTax.

Fuck the IRS for making this so difficult for us.

Comments