Does strain matter w/ edibles

edited April 2020 in Questions

I've been an avid pot smoker for a while and have only started consuming in edible form. My question is, does strain matter when it comes to making edibles with it? I've come across a strain that I don't particularly like when smoking but don't want to throw it all out so if all edibles produce the same effects I'd rather make some cannabutter with it.

Comments

• Great question- can't wait to see the answer.

• I would think the results would be similar of the strain. I've had some freebie samples that each hit me differently. Some, I hardly felt at all, which I'm assuming may have been cbd. And then some others hit really nice and was full bodied. Then a couple other's were all head highs.

None of them were labeled with what they were made from so I can't say for sure.

• edited April 2020

The edible/cannabutter usually reflects what strain is used. Sativa edibles, Indica edibles etc.

Ex. Butter/Oil made with Green Crack will make you energetic while Northern Lights will couchlock you.

• Yes please to above- I'd obviously want both at times

• According to some journalist, "There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say." Note that I haven't read the article, which is from Business Insider. So what, though? The journalist who wrote this garbage didn't read any articles, either.

• Oh! I guess I just have to try it out myself....

• Yes. You are only consuming it differently

• Loud uses a Sativa and MM product uses a hybrid. It is listed in the descriptions