THC While Pregnant?

What are some of your experiences of using THC products while pregnant? Is it safe? Is it unsafe? Does it cause problems for the baby?

Comments

• edited July 2020

Not safe. THC is a psychedelic. Would be bad for brain development, I would think. Also anything can happen being perfectly clean and healthy.

• Well, my mother smoked all during her pregnancy with me, and I'm perfectly fine. All during my schooling I made the dean's list, and graduated with a GPA of almost a 4.0(had I studied more). College, I also did well.
    I did inherit migraines from my mother's side of the family as well as my cousins on that side of the family.

I have a cousin on my father's side of the family who also partook of thc all during her pregnancy, and her daughter also is perfectly fine. She's a top student in her class, with no learning disabilities, and no health issues.

It all depends on usage, and what is in the family bloodline. Personally, I think using thc is fine as long as it's not heavy.

• edited July 2020

@MigraineWarrior79 I also agree.

• I personally used in the begin of my pregnancies because of how bad my morning sickness was. Doctors would prescribe me 10 different meds to help and nothing but WEED would work! Personally I say it’s up to you . I Personally know ppl who have smoked their entire pregnancy and their kids are straight A brilliant youngins. Do your research and decide what’s best for you and your baby ❤️

• Four kids. Wife smoked through all of them. 2/4 out in world on their own self sufficient. The wife got really bad morning sickness. A little bud was the only way she could keep anything down.

• My wife smoked up until we found out she was pregnant with our first daughter and a little bit with our other 2 kids. No birth defects, all healthy, all get good grades in school.

• edited July 2020

I'm not a doctor... nor have I played one on television... but here is my two cents... smoking anything reduces your oxygen intake. So, if it were my body and my child I would try edibles first(small doses)and if that didn't do it maybe try vaping and last I might try smoking from a bong or some other device.

This is a topic @medmama should join in on... she might have some more input on the subject.

How far along are you? First child? How old are you? How much weed do you normally consume and in what form? Is there a specific symptom you are struggling with?

I might also check your local laws. Some states test Moms at time of birth for drugs and can then charge you with delivery of a controlled substance to a minor... I think Texas/Oklahoma do this, but it is very rare. And I would claim false positive... many foods can do this

I might also find a website for midwives and ask there.

My Mom smoked weed through all three of her pregnancies and we all turned out fine... but that is anecdotal not a scientific study.

Congrats on the new zygote. Stay calm and carry on.

P.S... my Mom also gave out LSD at Berkeley Campus in Cali back when it was legal... if you were ever given purple liqued acid by a young woman from NJ... that was my Mom.

• If you can do edibles, go that route. The act of smoking can cause lower birth weights on occasion, but still not even most of the time. Cannabis itself doesn’t affect a baby though. Personally, I lost a perfect baby because of the labor drugs and medical interventions and now I homebirth. I use it for ptsd, anxiety, and for psoriatic arthritis now. But it was needed at times during my pregnancy with my rainbow baby and first homebirth. There are new studies coming out that finally separate cannabis users from drug addicts which often get lumped together.

• @PettKatt Im so glad to hear you got a your rainbow baby 🌈.

• Thank you everyone! I really appreciate the feedback. :)

• I'm so happy that people understand the research. Smoking anything is bad and that's all the doctors will ever say to address this. Vaping, edibles and tinctures are never mentioned...

• Check out Jamaican women. They don't stop for pregnancy. been that way forever