Portable Dry Herb Vaporizer Temp Settings?

Hey guys, I recently got into trying to smoke by dry herb vaping so as I could smoke inside without being so noticeable or bothering people. As a newbie not wanting to break the bank, I was looking for something portable and under 100$. I settled on the G Pen Dash that I found on sale for a good price. While I have never used a dry herb vape, I love this little device. It's about the size of a key fob and fits in my pocket easily and each little bowl I pack in it has enough for about 10-12 hits, battery is okay but guess I shouldn't expect a battery that last forever when its so small. Problem is, It has 3 settings and I am not certain which is best to use. Blue=375 deg. Green=401 deg. Red=428 deg. I have been using GREEN since its in the middle, should I be using a different setting? Are different settings meant for diff. strains? Looking for just a bit of guidance with these temps or any other tips y'all wanna throw my way with it.

Comments

• Here are the vape temps of cannabis compounds. I had a g pen pro. Did not like it. But thats just me

THC-A (105ºC / 221ºF)
    B- CARYOPHYLLENE (119°C / 246°F)
    CBD-A (120ºC / 248ºF)
    B-SITOSTEROL (134°C / 273°F)
    A-PINENE (156°C / 312°F)
    THC (157°C / 314°F)
    CBD (160–180°C / 320–356°F)
    B-MYRCENE (166–168°C / 330–334°F)
    A8 THC (175–178° / 347–352°F)
    CINEOLE (176°C / 348°F)
    LIMONENE (177°C / 350°F)
    P-CIMENE (177°C / 350°F)
    APIGENIN (178°C / 352°F)
    CANNFLAVIN-A (182°C / 356°F)
    CBN (185°C / 365°F)
    LINALOOL (198°C / 388°F)
    HUMULENE (198ºC / 388ºF)
    BENZENE (205–365°C / 401–689°F)
    TERPINEOL (218°C / 424°F)
    CBC (220ºC / 428ºF)
    THCV (220°C / 428°F)
    PULEGONE (224°C / 435°F)
    COMBUSTION (232ºC / 450ºF)
    QUERCETIN (250°C / 482°F)
    Aim for 10°C hotter than the boiling points of your desired constituents. Not all vapes are accurate, and you’ll want to ensure than you actually vaporize every last bit of your target molecules.

• @NOLA504 I am similar with you in that I am a newbie and am going the vape route. I’m far from an expert, but I have done a lot of research with vaping. I started out with a $100 vaporizer that I bought from a headshop. It was ok, but the more I read about everything, I was concerned about breathing in cheap plastic and the long term dangers of it. All experts that I came across recommended just biting the bullet and buying a really good vaporizer with quality parts.

I ended up paying around $160 for an Arizer Argo and have been very happy with it. It has digital temperature control and has better internal parts, i.e., not cheap plastic. I usually go with a temperature of 392. The higher the temperature, the stronger the high. Daytime users are recommended to go with a lower temperature so it’s not too strong.

• @HockeyEagle @SpongePail thanks for the advice and temps. Yeah I liked this little vape because it said it had a ceramic bowl which they say is better

• The normal process to use vaporizer is to start low and then turn the heat up as you take puffs.

• Thank you for this post. I have been looking into some herb portable vaporizers myself but I had one once (a cheapy) and it didn’t hardly produce much smoke vapor or whatever you call it. I’m going to look into the devices mentioned above

• I have a davinci IQ and purchased a davinci IQ micro for my wife. Great devices that have auto temps created but I feel my I get a stronger high from classic rolling up.

• I know you said under $100 but for the benefit of others here, I do really enjoy the Crafty+, which I bought from planetofthevapes.com. As long as you keep it clean, it has very nice, dense and clean tasting vapor. Probably get 6 sessions per charge? If I had to buy again I might splurge and get the mighty, but it is decidedly less portable.