Order #1 - skeptical but never lost hope. (a story of my 1st order. lol)

hey guys. i just found this in google docs.. after i started getting in multiple orders over the past month or 2, i wrote a brief little thing on docs and kind of forgot about it. i think when i began writing it, i wasn't sure if i would even post it anywhere but i more just wanted to remember what i ordered for my very first order. i will copy it below for anyone who wants to read:

Order #1. skeptical. But positive. and never lost hope.

Below is a brief account of my very first order . this is not meant to be a detailed review, which i haven’t decided yet if I’m going to do those in-depth. overall? i am very happy. here is what i ordered:

-¼ oz x XJ-13 . I picked this because I haven’t had Jack Herer much, and I tend to prefer sativa-leaning hybrids, so.. for my first ever order, I went ahead and selected XJ-13. It could not have been better. wish i’d ordered more? common dilemma i’m sure. (detailed review may be forthcoming; there’s actually been a bunch of discussion on this strain on the forum.. at the time of ordering, I had NOT seen the general consensus that the XJ was, indeed, fire. It is unique, and I have seen actually more than one person now say that Jack (or now XJ-13) “didn’t do them right” or something similar . I can see how people who favor indica wouldn’t enjoy, and beyond that, we’re all just.. different. i have a friend who just doesn't like that earthy, incense-ey flavor. some things affect people differently, but for me, the XJ-13 was a definite win, and has continued to be my go-to daily driver for Daytime, work-week type role. Notes of: Butterscotch, earth, hint of citrus (light) & pine/greenness, with a bit of an herbal spice.. smooth and clean AF. Fire. love it.

-2g x Kief . This was decent, but didn’t blow me away. As advertised. a little green for my tastes, but still good overall. [edit . i wrote this several weeks ago but never posted it; this is now ‘present-day me’ here to add that i re-visited the kief after letting it kind of collect dust, and i was much happier this time. it still doesn’t look great.. kief ive gotten in the past was much blonder and pure-er looking, and at least somewhat blocked up; i think i was put off by the greener color and it being loose, but after smoking it again on a special occasion, it got me stupid high.. but just as important was that i really liked the way it smoked. probably wouldn’t buy again right away but it gets my approval now .]

-1/2g x shatter sample (Chemdawg is what showed up). ...simply fantastic. gooey and not the consistency i associated with shatter (heat in the mail? or this may be normal? it seemed very melted down, but improved after slight refrigeration and kept in my normal dark, cool spot) -- but either way, this is a BEAUTIFUL tasting, hard hitting concentrate.. this tasted more like hash than any other concentrate i’ve tried since my actual hash days. Glad i only got a little bit. I recently bought a wax pen (PuffCo Plus v2) which I am very impressed with, and this experience made me really glad i have this for future concentrates, although my plan is to keep them limited.

so.. that was it. Order #1 was super exciting. The XJ-13 would go on to be my go-to daytime strain, to this day, and i actually still have a bit of that original batch!! i will be sad when that runs out. LOL. i’ve gone on to order a couple more times and have nothing but good things to say. (the fruity pebbles i got was not great, but everything else has been super).
details more forthcoming as I adjust to posting here but for now I wanted to post a small record of my 1st ever order.. (because it’s getting to the point where i’m not going to remember the very 1st ones much longer).
be well
-SC

Comments

• edited July 2020

i would add here a couple things: #1 my apologies for how long that post was. jesus.

secodly, im interested to hear other stories of peoples' first orders.. if you feel like it, what was your first order like? how did you feel? what showed up? lol. i just thought it would be fun to hear a few, but mostly i just saw this google doc just sitting there and figured i would post it up

• edited July 2020

Nice read @v32Finish! I was actually considering the ChemDawg shatter but I’ve got to many concentrates as it is..

My first sample order I requested and received Mimosa..I took it with me on a vacation and opened it there..I couldn’t believe the quality..I had not smelled nor seen such an amazing flower..it’s was caked in and smelled like fruit punch..I immediately ordered more..and lots more of other stuff..to this day that batch of premium Mimosa has been my most fav off the site..I’m hopping to see it again..last mimosa batch was ok but nothing like the first I ordered..

• Nice ! Haha.. wow, sounds super. I will def perk up if I see some Premium Mimosa pop up . I've heard a couple people mention it now

• @superman38NC had what was supposed to be mimosa crossed with gelato bout a month back and it was some really great bud, trying to find similar quality is actually what brought me here, that and a buddy referred me.

• hell yeah! that does sound delicious. definitely some great stuff here. I've curated quite a collection . lol . MAC, Chemdawg, Alien Fire Kush, Dolato, Sunset Sherbet, Ice Cream Cake, Wedding Cake, Widow.. all favorites. very high quality throughout all ranges of both shippers, but admittedly i've been sticking to Loud's premiums as of late. fire!

• Awesome @v32Finish thanks Man haven't seen widow or really heard bout it in ages, that would go good bout now lol, that sounds like a helluva collection going there, need to start building back up myself but right now just waiting on these edibles to try and I'm hungry lol

• @Vapedad78 mimosa x gelato sounds like a great combo. Mimosa was my first sample bud and 1st order from this site..it was amazing and still one of my fav’s..hope to see it return

• Yeah I'll have to see if I saved any pics of it, was going 45 an 8th locally and people didn't wanna pay that much lol but was best id seen locally in months, happy medicating man, good to see people looking out for each other in this community

• totally @Vapedad78 .. love this community. welcome! have you been ordering from MM before? or just waiting for your first one? i personally love edibles but i tend to save them for special occasions. glad ya found the place

• @v32Finish currently waiting on first order, buddy of mine was good enough to finally gimme the lowdown bout mm last week so after some trepidation took chance on a test run but does definitely explain where some specialty hard to find items came from lol