USPS "Attempted Delivery"

So my package was suppose to be delivered Aug 29th. Got an alert on Informed Delivery stating it could not be delivered because there was no access to my mailbox (not true). Then the same alert on Aug 31st saying delivery attempted but no access to my mailbox, but I received my other mail. Since then, I have gotten no more updates on the package. I called the USPS today and asked what the deal was and explained how that if my mailbox was really "unaccessible" then why am I still getting other mail? She seemed confused of why this was occurring. She asked me what was in the package (not sure if they ask everyone this in situations like this) and I said that I wasn't sure and that I just noticed on my Informed Delivery that I was to be expecting a package but wasn't sure of what it could be as I often get packages mailed to me unsolicited whether it be from my bank or clients I do business with. She said she would file a report with the local USPS office and I had either the option of having it re-delivered tomorrow or picking it up in person today. I said that since it was a package that "I wasn't sure of it's contents" I could just wait to have it delivered as it wasn't any real rush. To be fair, the USPS in my neighborhood is notorious for lying about delivery attempts and just being plain old lazy with package delivery (If they don't feel like getting out of their truck to deliver to porch, large packages usually get the "Attempted Delivery" tag and are delivered days later when another more competent mail carrier is working). So it's not super surprising it is happening but still a little concerning giving what is actually in the package. Anyone else had anything similar occur?

Comments

• https://i.postimg.cc/7hMsS7Gf/Screenshot-20200903-155250-Chrome.jpg

Similar incident happened the day before yesterday to me. It got delivered the following day which was yesterday though without any further incident. The USPS has been real weird acting as of late it isn't just you @NOLA504

• Good deal. Hopefully after speaking with the USPS today, it arrives tomm.

• Why is the zip code for delivery different each day ? I personally would go to the post office. I’ve had this happen and I told them it was an important package. My situation was a little different because mine actually said delivered. Your package is at the lost office which is why the have reattempted to delivery twice. I personally would go up there and get my package it’s at your local post office for sure

• @suchacutie89 oh wow, yeah just noticed that the 1st delivery attempt isnt even my zip code.