Customs visit

I have read here about some of you getting "love letters" from customs. Has anyone who purchased at this site every had a personal visit from customs? Have order out.. went San Jose to Honolulu??, I live on east coast...and now been in transent-arriving late for 4 days. I admit I did get a visit from customs 15-20 years ago for a shipment from overseas. Since then I have got pulled aside one time in an airport 7 years ago. Just curious with a little fear.

Comments

• Customs is only concerned with international stuff this site is all domestic.
    I have never ordered truffles or mind altering subs from overseas as others have but have ordered cuban cigars plenty and they arrived every time. Only have heard of people getting letters saying " blah blah blah we have your contraband items, they will be destroyed in 30 days unless you can provide documents to claim them blah blah blah"
    I wouldnt worry too much✌

• I have been ordering on & off since the site opened for business & I have never gotten a letter from customs or a visit from same. I also have never had to sign for a package.

• edited December 2020

just a little concerned I'm on a bad boy list with a previous visit, but no charges ! over reacting I'm sure. in 4 years here not a problem.

• edited December 2020

If your not formally charged then you're fine. I got a visit from the FBI a few years ago, items were confiscated & returned about 2 years later no charges. They were under the erroneous assumption that I was an active member of a computer hacking group. I did web design & forum moderation for them. Association doesn't always mean guilty.

What did piss me off though is they kicked in my door, shot my dog & wouldn't even allow me to put on boxers before being ushered out of the house by the business end of an MP5 There were young children boarding the school bus less than a 1/4 mile from where I was paraded out to my porch nude just so they could chase false Intel.

• I use a vpn when ordering or posting on the forum

• @nefgreen how you go about getting good cubans.i heard their AWESOME.

• Yes they are awesome...for me the taste is just what I prefer and I have smoked a lot of non cuban cigars that are great as well like padrons or A.fuentes or olivas.
    My fave cubans are romeo y julieta shorts, partagas shorts, and pretty much any montecristo.
    Its been over a year since ordering but i get all my cubans from finestcubancigars. I used to have a local source but it was lame only buying what he had to offer(family brought back boxes) and being charged more. Its nice getting to choose which ones and now that I have learned a lot more about cigars I know that the european markets have way better cigars(ironic) because they scrutinize quality control way more than other markets. Dr joeshow on youtube has a lot of info and reviews on cubans but I dont think he does vids anymore. Cigars of cuba was another recommended site I think but I have never ordered from that one personally.

• Greenie letters. I have had a few years ago. You just dont go claim it. Lol.
    Yeah customs is for overseas. State to state does not get customs.
    For Cubans. You can bring them back for personal use but cant buy or sell in the US legally. I usually have a relative pick em up on travels. Well not in 2020 but usually πŸ˜‚

• Got a letter attached to an opened parcel from Colombia once. It just said package was opened under blah blah blah. With love, Customs and Border Patrol. They destroyed, but pretty green tape, taped it up. Looking for contraband in my Matte de Coca tea. What boneheads.😏