When will MAC flower return?

It’s been a while since it’s been available here. I really miss it!

Comments

• I wanna try MAC1 / cap's cut.. I'm almost positive that none of the Mac that we've seen come thru here is Caps cut . .. that being said, the Mac that does come thru here is still very very good . (Mostly).

(Background/ For reference, Capulator is the name of the breeder of MAC . He designated the very best one, mac #1 , as Cap's cut. [Cut = clone. Clone only strain] . This is the one that blew up and made MAC famous .. insanely frosty.. etc. The story goes that the "rule of the Mac" is that it cannot be sold, at least not Caps cut, and that it must be GIVEN to those worthy to grow her 🧐 🚀 ✅ 🔥 )

• @v32Finish Good info! I did not know that the previous MAC offerings here were not from Capulator. I love MAC, but probably never had the true version. Although at this point I will take any MAC flower version!

• edited April 2021

@HockeyEagle take what i said with a grain of salt, as there's no "true" way to know... but if you look up pics of cured "caps cut" MAC it has a pretty distinct look to it. but who am I to know. i do know, however, that just IN GENERAL.... once a strain is bred by the 'original' breeder, it then goes out to the masses... and then you have alllllll these different breeders, growing large amounts and doing pheno hunts and selecting their own "breeders cuts" or 'keepers ' or whatever. so... i think alot of people just think of Gelato 41 as gelato 41.... but it's really complicated when everyone starts making their own lines and keeps things close to the vest :sunglasses:

( * edit- also would mention that the above does not necessarily apply to clone-only strains. they still eventually get crossed, and the same thing happens, but obviously you can't do a 'pheno hunt' on a clone-only strain, since it would always be the same pheno. just wanted to clarify since my original statement is a bit unclear)

just think it's interesting to consider. that doesn't even take into consideration that.. there could be 2 totally different breeders in different states, making the same cross.. and then naming it something different... etc etc etc. interesting to think about

mainly i just wanted to point out that i certainly wasn't throwing shade or saying 'it wasn't real' or anything like that, but i DO still believe that i've never actually had caps cut yet

• @HockeyEagle also, i just re-read what you just wrote "Although at this point I will take any MAC flower version! " and this kinda reflects another truth.. sometimes.. once the genetics are out there.. they are out there. sometimes, the knock-offs or the crosses that cost $8 a bean... end up being the same.... as the premium ones that are $650 a pack.. or $2k / clone. :wink: i like having original elite genetics and there's a few that i do own like that, but i also run plenty of knockoffs and crosses and stuff

Man that bacio is good. i can always tell how good a new bud is by the length of my posts on here.. hahaa

• Just found a cool video of Capulator strain on my IG

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CN2jnHPhKhn/?igshid=b5ed7r47n0zj

• edited April 2021

@v32Finish Wow, great stuff! Thank you for the write up. I’m still a novice with weed and love the info that I can get on this site. You are one of the best posters here, keep up the good work!

• I got caps cut directly fr big al. You ain't missing much fellas. I'd stick with what they got here.

• It might just be a coincidence, but either way, thank you @medman and @LoudnCo for the MAC that is back on the menu!