Lemon Larry Is Just Alright With Me

If you grew up with only the Doobie Brothers' Greatest Hits, like me, you might have liked that song about Jesus being just alright. But you didn't know about Toulouse Street. What an album! Get it!

As for Lemon Larry, it's pretty alright, too. We did not have herb like this in high school. It doesn't seem to smell like lemons at first. I thought it had more of a peppery aroma out of the bag. The citrus emerged for me upon grinding. Unfortunately, after breaking up one bud, I put the rest of the buds in the wrong mason jar. So now the remaining flowers smell like Jack Herer.

As for the visual appeal of the buds themselves, they are medium-sized nuggets, heavily frosted with trichomes. If I were to guess what kind of cannabis classification they belong to, I would say they are a happy hybrid, possessing elements of both stout, indica architecture and creepy, mossy sativa orange and emerald hairs throughout.

I took three or four hits and, after awhile, I realized this stuff's pretty alright, indeed. Musky and woody, a very enjoyable, smooth smoke. I like Lemon Larry to the effect of 4.0 out of 5 stars.

Here's the description from the site:

Lemon Larry is an evenly balanced hybrid (50% indica/50% sativa) strain created through crossing the OG Kush X SFV OG Kush strains. Although its flavor is delicious, it's Lemon Larry's crazy powerful average THC level of 20-26% that keeps patients coming back for more. Lemon Larry has a sweet and earthy flavor with hints of lemony pine and grassy herbs. The aroma is very mellow, with an earthy woody overtone accented by sweet citrus and slightly spicy herbs. Lemon Larry buds have airy spade-shaped bright neon green nugs with dark leaves, fiery orange hairs, and a thick coating of tiny golden crystal trichomes. The Lemon Larry high is super potent in nature and is not ideal for the inexperienced user. It starts with a happy and euphoric head rush that gives a substantial mood boost without an increase of energy. You'll feel uplifted yet hazy and completely relaxed. This feeling will slowly spread throughout the rest of your body, leaving you calm and at ease, although sleepy and sedated with a powerful couch-lock. Because of this, Lemon Larry is said to be perfect for treating conditions such as chronic pain, appetite loss, insomnia, depression, and chronic stress or anxiety.

Comments

• I'm raising my rating to 4.25!* Definitely growing on me, this Lemon Larry.

If I got this cannabis as a sub, which I kind of did because I ordered it while high and didn't remember, I'd have been super-pissed--at first. But I could see myself growing into it and ordering it intentionally. Part of it is in the name. Lemon Larry is like a horse you get a weird feeling about. Why is it in this race? And then it wins at, like, 50-1.

If this were greenhouse or outdoor flower I'd buy an ounce. The high reminds me of Willy's Wonder. Clean and fun.

Because I'm still high from last night, here's my rating scale:

5.0: Top five weeds you've ever smoked. Loud's Outdoor Jaeger, Indoor Pineapple Express...

4.5: When it shows up on the menu, BUY IT; Or, one of those to always, always keep in the cupboard. Medmama's Mimosa is a 4.5 for me, or Loud's Pineapple Punch. Remember that?

4.0: Maybe not suitable for everyday use or is flawed in some way. Cure and flowers are good (or better than good). Loud's outdoor Super Lemon Haze is like that for me.

3.5: Only thing that distinguishes this from a higher score is poor cure or some aesthetic concern.

3.0: Fair to decent. Or maybe I recognize the quality but just don't like it for some reason.

2.5 or below: Complaints are in order. Only 2.0 I ever got was from Loud and that was Gorilla Glue #4, Greenhouse. (That stuff looked like something I would have grown.)

• Got mimosa as a sub and it is one of my daytime favorites