XJ-13

I intended to review DJ Short Blueberry, and still intend to; however, I started to research XJ-13 and got sidetracked. XJ-13, an indoor strain from Loud, is characterized this way, from the menu:

This sativa-dominte [sic] hybrid is cherished for both its therapeutic potency and enjoyabe [sic] euphoric buzz. This indoor-grown cross between Jack Herer and G13 Haze induces unencumbered cerebral effects perfect for stimulating creativity and conversation. This is a lightweight sativa perfect for those prone to anxiety but still wanting a little motivation to help start the day! It has a strong citrus aroma accented by earthy pine. This is one sure fire way to relieve stress and mood-related symptoms.

The menu description, which had been taken from Leafly, suggests that this is a low-THC sativa strain; not so, according to other sites. From Allbud: "XJ-13 is a 50:50 hybrid strain with an astounding 22% THC content." From WikiLeaf: "This strain is very potent and patients should take caution when using it." So my first question regards potency. Is it a lightweight citrusy sativa or something more interesting?

Another mystery surfaced. Where did the strain come from? I thought I remembered it being a clone of some top-secret government weed. I found no mention of that theory. I did find this passage, though, below. It says that there's no Jack Herer in the parentage.

From a WikiLeaf commenter: "I love XJ-13. It is ... a cross of THSeeds Puna Budder and Herojuana Tom's (from Compassionate Caregivers) Herojuana...."

This is where I stopped reading and decided to smoke the stuff already.

"The bag reeks of Jack Herer," is my first impression. The second is that the medium and medium-large buds look much more like legitimate cannabis than the last two items I tried, greenhouse-grown from MedMama (https://medicinemanonline.com/discussion/696/la-pop-rocks/p1, https://medicinemanonline.com/discussion/704/grasshopper/p1). The aroma is dominated by sweet ground pepper with feline musk.

With respect to the strength of this strain: it is formidable. If I could "untake" about two of the five hits, I'd be fine with that. As it is, the afternoon will most likely get weird. I shall now try to harness my powers for good. Say a prayer for me!

P.S., I'm really glad that I did all that research, but none of it matters.

P.P.S., If your opinion of citrusy sativas is that they are all the same, you will not appreciate this stuff; however, if you like Super Lemon Haze, you will freak out, like this, quite an awful lot...want to hang up your hang ups and learn how to play the flute. Get it!

P.P.P.S., I have a hypothesis that the writer of the menu description does not like lime-tasting sativas...and yes, it's definitely lime, not orange, that taste. The taste is like Jack Herer with a bit of lime.

I am really, really high though...

Comments

• How’s the DJ short blueberry?! @georgetirebiter I always love reading your reviews! You’re a keyboard wizard man! 🤣

• Thanks Fastguy199! Saving the DJ Short Blueberry for tomorrow. This XJ-13 really deserves a better name...

• "Limey Jack Haze"?

• edited March 2020

Understandable! I will be checking in and out until then! 🤣 I’ve been smoking on the agent orange and for a strain with considerably low thc— which isnt what IM after... it’s pretty awesome. Since finding this site I’ve built up a small dispensary in my safe. I’ll bet I have over 20 different flavors. 🤪

• I agree with Fastguy! George’s reviews are some of the best on here..I’ve let XJ-13 come and go because the name never settled well with me..definitely deserves another name..sounds great though! I’m eagerly waiting on two orders..1/2 oz splits of Fruit Loops/Sour Tangie & Alien OG/ Do-si-dos..1 of the 2 finally showed in informed delivery..sigh of relief

Sounds like many of us on here are amassing a stock pile..not on purpose..I just love all the selections..

• Final ratings...

Power/potency: 4.5/5
    Duration: 4.0/5
    Cerebral wow factor/4.5/5

This varietal goes in a special box, right next to Super Lemon Haze. The intensity was short-lived, but the end of the "peak" high period--an hour and such in--came as a relief, frankly.

Perhaps the weird name of this interesting herb is not so weird or wrong...it's a Frankenstein combo of parentage. Why not XJ-13? Why not anything?

• XJ-13 is one of my favorites.

• XJ-13 is a car. Jaguar XJ-13. V12.

• I think the X stands for "cross"; as in cross with "J" (Jack Herer).

Maybe it was the 13th phenotype on the 13th day of the month?

• G-13 was the strain rumored to be a top secret government strain, the "G" standing for "Government" and "13" represents the 13th strain that the government experimented with and decided to patent it based on it's high level of potency, but it's all myths, started by the movie American Beauty:

• Thanks Stab_Snipers

• This review makes me so happy to have this on the way !! 🖤🖤

• I just pulled the trigger on a half of this and JH!

• I mentioned this in the other XJ-13 thread. Listening to music while smoking this strain is an absolute must. Pay close attention to the music and you'll hear things you never thought were possible. Doesn't even matter what music it is!

• XJ-13 rocks! One of my fav’s.. @georgetirebiter you are missed on here brother..🙏 you are doing well!

• @Sixwaychili im holding you to this 😂😂😂 for sure

• XJ-13
    Did not get me stoned.
    No thc content in my order I received

• XJ-13 is definitely going to be on my list of strains to keep and continue buying.

Buds are nice. The high is great, no sleep/drowsy effect at all. Can be smoked all day and you’ll feel lifted. Aroma is great. Sativa no doubt.

• she's a beaut

• Damn that looks so good @Looper1

• Smashed the button on this yet again. XJ-13 is going to be a nice wake and bake. Oz on the way

• My XJ13 was Good, but my buds definitely didn’t look like this !! 😱

• All these xj13 look different

• @Loudpack1022 seriously ! Mine was good but didn’t look close to these pix 😫

• @suchacutie89 ya i don’t quite get it. @Looper1 is way too white/frosty...i guess mines was closer to @charlij2328 but didn’t look as dense. Mines was stuck in a brick and sticky as hell but straight 🔥 💣 ⛽️

• edited July 2020

@suchacutie89 heres the pic of my xj13...my very first order about a month or so ago
    https://i.postimg.cc/MTxHqq6M/687977-A2-D663-47-D4-9-B9-E-0-E4-BBD117539.jpg