Ode to California Orange

The buds are purple and orange. Really purple and orange. I'd love this strain all day long just to look at it.

Here's the strain description, for posterity:

Premium - California Orange
California Orange is an old school classic, dating back to at least 1980, and as such, there is a great deal of mystery surrounding its origin. It is generally accepted to be a 50/50 indica/sativa hybrid, is quite easy to grow, and produces a sweet citrus aroma reminiscent of orange zest. Also known as Cali-O, Cali Orange Bud, C.O.B., and available from Dutch Passion as "Californian Orange" in feminized seed form, this hybrid has found its way around the globe and is a favorite with many growers. Most users report that California Orange produces an upbeat, clear-headed high when consumed in moderation, while heavier dosing can lead to a more indica-type body feeling.

The visual appeal is top level. A California sports team should adopt a uniform with this color scheme. They could be the California Buddies.

This is a very good herb, I conclude; it could free a hermit from the shackles of his past. It could make a politician tell the truth. It makes me want to retract that thread I started about recreational pot (https://medicinemanonline.com/discussion/806/recreational-pot/p1). This drug is recreational use! I take it back! I take it all back!

My thoughts are interrupted by the news that nothing matters. And I thought I would have nothing to write about today...

Anyway, I didn't hit the "stock up oh my God" button on this strain, but that's mainly because it came on the heels of a very, very long line of very, very good Loud strains. At any other time of the year, this would be a re-order, big time.

Comments

• Man you sure got it fast. I’m not complaining but I wish I can get those shipping times, it hasn’t been on the website that long.

• Loving the review, as always, George. Spot on as well, I had a split of California Orange with Fruit Loops, and WOW the smell and looks. So stand out-ish. Very picturesque, clementine/orange/citrusy smell, and burned fantastically. While a small bowl may have a mild sativa feeling, anything more than that tends to make me a bit heavy eyed.

• @Theboyua ... No such luck. My order was from about two weeks ago. Loud's shipping times have dropped for me, from 4 days to 6 days to ???

Glad you had similar findings @PieMan!

• Thinking about taking the plunge on California orange. @georgetirebiter I prefer a sativa type feel, would you still recommend?

• Looking forward to receiving my first 1/8th from Medman! You talked me into it George 🙂. Had a vape cart of Cali orange..it was great so looking forward to it! Hope they are beautiful nugs like yours

• @Theboyua : It's more of an evenly balanced hybrid.

• @Theboyua I’d recommend moderate dosing at first, as heavier did tend to lean me more to the indica side.

• I agree with @PieMan ... the dose makes the poison.

• I was so surprised to see that as well, after trying it. Rolled up about ~2grams in a herbal wrap around 7:30 in the afternoon. All I remember from that point on was the amazing flavor of the Grape wrap, mixed with the citrusy, zesty flavor of Cali Orange. Woke up around 2:00 am, still moderately high, and VERY tired. I’m praying that this batch on there now, will still be there upon my next order.

• Excited to hear that. i Included a 1/8th of that in my last order from loud and co which I am hoping arrives soon

• edited May 2020

Received my first 1/8th off the site! Two large nugs of California Orange..incredible aroma..creamy orange..reminds me a lot of Mimosa, but definitely more orange..bud structure very similar to Blue Dream..had a bowl after work yesterday and immediately I’m wishing I ordered more 😀..thx for the recommendation George!

• Glad you are enjoying it. I just broke out the Violet Vixen yesterday, @superman38NC. You were quite fond of that one, right? So tasty! Why didn't you say anything about it! Kidding, of course. I hope it comes around again. I used to think "a bud is a bud" but this site and this forum has definitely changed that up for me...