MedMama's NEW Offerings: Initial Impressions

When all the new strains went up, I ordered both the indoor and premium versions of Hawaiian Punch from MedMama, and also Thai OG, and Super Silver Haze. It was an exciting day when they arrived...

Hawaiian Punch

From MedMama's menu description:

The origins of this Hawaiian original are murky: It's known to be a potent native of the islands, but its exact genetics, including the ratio of sativa to indica, are a mystery.

Hytiva says this:

Hawaiian Punch is a sativa cannabis strain that derives its name from both its location of origin and the “punch” it delivers to the consumer, referencing a potent high.

I opened the indoor version first. My 3.5 grams consisted of two medium and two large buds, indica growth pattern, fluffy, and white/light green. When ground, it looks like CBG flower. There's not much smell.

The buzz is all indica. I watched a long movie about cystic fibrosis kids in love...the climax is a Romeo and Juliet-esque near-tragedy that occurs near-simultaneously with a double lung transplant. I made it through the whole thing. So this is good indica herb; but the aesthetics of the experience are lacking.

The premium version has to be evaluated visually as "underwhelming. I have not smoked it yet. The main attraction is a gigantic bud with a stem in it that looks like a tree limb. So I move on to...

Thai OG

It looks ok. The smell, as with the others, is conspicuously absent. Smoking it was pleasant but not noteworthy.

Perhaps my impression of these strains will evolve.

My "initial impression" grade: B

Comments

• Nice review. I got the premium Hawaiian punch and blueberry on the way, doesn’t sound like the HP looks as good as the picture.

• The picture is fairly accurate, if we're talking premium (the indoor pic is gone). It doesn't say Premium to me in real life.

• Hawaiian Punch (Premium)

My sample had a gigantic stem and copious trim leaves. Visually it's not Premium. The smoke is quite good. Sweet and fruity. Strongly sedative effects, with a hint of spaciness. I would order this again as indoor-grown, not premium.

• edited May 2020

Should receive a couple 1/8ths soon (Blueberry Muffin, Lion OG, and Super Silver Haze)..will give an update on packaging, aroma, appearance, and such..sometimes it’s hard to know if the displayed pics are for the current batch or not..never seen Lion OG on here so I’m hoping it reflects what’s on the site..pics are a thousand words when ordering online..still 99% satisfied with what I’ve received off of here.

• I’m still intrigued by the Hawaiian Punch and was very close to ordering it..thinking I’ll hold off until I receive my sampler from Loud..hoping Grape Ape is included..seems to be a popular

• Diving deeper...the Thai OG is beginning to have a smell now, or aroma I should say, as it begins to breathe. Herbal. Taste is sweet and spicy. It looks like the photo: nicely trimmed, green...not a lot of color from the pistils.

From the menu, a quote:

Thai OG is a sativa dominant hybrid strain that is a cross of the classic favorite Thai X OG Kush strains. This celebrity child boasts a THC level that tops about at about 20% on average and a mouthwatering OG flavor that is sure to get your taste buds dancing. The flavor hits you hard with sharp lemon accented by sweet sage and spicy kush that lingers long after you toke. The aroma is very spicy and pungent with an herbal sage overtone...

It offers a good, medium-level physical buzz, in my experience. The "sativa-dominant" effects just aren't there for me, though, at least not enough to consider reordering it.

• NOTE: Buried in the menu description is this line, which I agree with, "The Thai OG high is much like that of a classic OG Kush, with uplifting cerebral effects that leave you feeling happy and at ease." So the menu description isn't at fault for deceiving me.

I'm liking the eighths, for sampling, but I think I'll be liking the bud samples even better!

• Thx for the reviews! Have you ordered a sample pack yet? Definitely a good deal.

• @superman38NC , I bought a handful of eighths...have some Lion OG coming, in addition to the Suver Haze, which I've only tried very briefly.

• Super Silver Haze (not "Suver Haze"!)

This is a definite re-order. My kind of cannabis. Takes you to the rings of Saturn, if you want to.

• @georgetirebiter ive got some SSH that should be arriving Wednesday, glad to hear that it’s a powerful strain.

• @liarliar03 when did you put in the order?