Grapefruit Kush! Wow!

edited May 2020 in Product Reviews

I received what I'm thinking is the replacement to the EB Thai that was subpar; Grapefruit Kush! I don't know if this is just grapefruit kush or pink grapefruit kush from the menu, the bag was only labeled Grapefruit Kush, which is fine by me!

Grapefruit Kush
image2020-05-13-12-14-33

" alt="" />

When I opened the bag of Grapefruit Kush, I'm instantly hit with a pungent grapefruity aroma! I honestly can't believe how much it smells just like a fresh cut grapefruit.

Appearance: Nice dark green with orange pistils. Some nice crystals on the buds but not completely coated. Buds are small to medium sized.

Feel: Buds feel dense and sticky, but light. They're not fluffy.

Odor: I still can't get over the grapefruit smell! The smell is pungent. This bud makes my mouth water just smelling it!

It's a good thing that I browse the forums for new and exciting strains as well as new ways to use this beautiful herb! Based on recommendations and thoughts on vaping flower, I purchased the Vleaf Go by Vivant (still reviewing and will make a post about it after I get a good feel of it, but so far so good!).

Vaping this flower tastes almost exactly how it smells! Nice and flavorful and tastes like grapefruit! The flavor from this bud lasted in my mouth for a good while, which didn't bother me with this strain.

Effects: The initial effects took a little bit to kick in. Once the buzz started to kick in, it was a nice focused heady high. I could function fine and if I had to write a term paper, I would have no problem at this point. After a short while the buzz travels into a nice combination head and body high, which does end up in a super relaxed body high after it peaks. Overall positive effects were happy, relaxed, and euphoric. Some negative effects were slight paranoia (more on this below), and some trippy slightly psychedelic visual effects. I usually smoke on my porch late at night, so that can add to the visual effects. Usually making me "see" things that aren't there like shadows moving. This is just my mind trying to make sense of bright street lights and the dark of night (pretty normal lol).

So my excitement for the night was close toward the end of my session. As I was sitting on my porch, I saw that a vehicle pulled into a nearby parking lot and then out of my view, I also couldn't really see what the vehicle was at the time. A few minutes later, I saw a bright white flashing light come from the side of my house (the side that the neighbor lives on) and then a flashlight shining around the yard and seemed to get closer to the end of my porch. I got up in a hurry and tried to go back inside before whoever it was came around the corner, but I didn't make it too far. I tripped over a garden rake and shovel then again over my son's nerf football, only to end up landing on my ass! It felt like I was living in a cartoon, you know the ones that the cartoon character are moving their feet really fast but they aren't going anywhere?, yeah it felt like that. Plus, I made quite a bit of noise too from falling on toys and shovels haha, I bet the neighbor, if he saw me, was laughing his ass off. The neighbor rides his bicycle all over town and at all hours of the day and night doing who knows what, but I remembered after I finally made it inside, that he has a flashing light on the front of his bike as well as a red flashing light on the back. The law here requires lights on bikes after dark and will issue a citation if they see you without them. I felt like a dumbass, but had a really good laugh over it!

All in all, I really enjoyed this strain!

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Enjoyed your review... Must be a potent sativa strain to cause such iconic stoner behavior! The soaring high from Maui Pineapple Chunk in 2018 was so awesome that I somehow dropped an envelope with $180 cash at work and had to go to Lost and Found to inquire. Our quirky and nerdy security guard told me that he had found such an envelope with cash and questioned me about how much cash was in the envelope .. I replied $180.00 - After passing this quiz, I was reunited with my cash. In all, 1.5 OZ of Maui Pineapple Chunk were purchased - and other iconic incidents of stoner behavior happened due to the outstanding high from Maui Pineapple Chunk - Will not bore the readers with more stories unless there is popular demand!!!

• Thanks @agingboomerfl I love stoner stories! I'm glad you got your money back and some really nice bud in the end. I've lost a lot of things in a stoned state, but never lost money. Still, I tend to do more shopping online when I'm high than I normally would lol.

• Yeah I made a comment the other day about that stuff. That shit is nice. Grown really nice. I wonder what it’s like to receive weed in the mail. Hmmmmm....

• I had it before and my thought was "good" but not "tippy top level." I wonder if this is one of Loud's patented "gonzo" finds. Seems like some of their strains have standout grows from time to time.

For example, I got a shipment of Lodi Dodi that made me think I'd finally learned how to write. Then I ran out! (Of weed. Still learning to write.) Next batch was...meh. And by "meh" I mean really good but not the kind of weed that gets you out of bed in the morning.

Same thing happened with MAC and, now, Grape Ape. These are two good strains that have become great, through "perfect storm" growing conditions, maybe?