Overthinking and tinkering

Any other overthinkers and tinkerers, with sometimes bad results, when it comes to cannabis?

Early on in my cannabis education, I'd grind the crap out of buds before making oil or edibles. Wasted a lot of buds that way. I thought I was maximizing surface area...instead, I was butchering the trichomes.

Another example: storing cannabis...I've tried all manner of experiments and I keep coming back to the simple advice: Mason jars, Boveda 62% packs. Or Food Storage vacuum bags with the pump. I have some Durban Poison Outdoor, from January, that's as good as it was yesterday...if I hadn't misplaced it, I probably would have tinkered with it and screwed it up like I've done with countless other strains/samples...trying to find the "perfect" size and shape of jar, the "right" amount of air in the container, the most appropriate shade of color for the glass. Instead, I find a Durban Poison bag that's lost its vacuum seal partially, and the herb inside is perfect, four months later. Maybe better than when I got it.

Why do I make life so complicated?

Comments

• its a pothead trait to be compulsive like that lol I sometimes cant help myself. Yesterday I got super baked off some blueberry muffin and spent 3 hours messing with the food disposal machine under the sink. It wasn't even broken I was trying to make it more powerful

• Simple is always better - Boveda and small glass jars for me - George you probably ruined many a bud by circumcising them with those unnecessary grinders .... Leave the poor flower bud intact (with its trichomes / kief)

• @agingboomerfl, I'm less inclined to use a grinder these days, for exactly that reason.

• @georgetirebiter - there is an exciting new legal 'CBD" Moonrock product I picked up at my favorite head shop over the weekend - Expensive @ 55.00 per 3.5 grams - Called CaviarGold - just Google it - Note - They do NOT ship product.. The past two days I have been absolutely blasted for five hours+ from only a .5 bowl of King OG strain with "CBD" hash oil infused and with "CBD" kief - Had to tap out at this level due to work... Love this product - the best CBD product I have experienced so far - a wonderful Indica high.. slept for five straight hours after dinner -woke up at 12:30 AM!! How this product can possibly be legal I am not sure... It will be illegal soon -This company produces regular Moonrocks for dispensaries in legal states.. Please please George do these dank buds no harm with a grinder!!!!

• @georgetirebiter Where you using a 2 piece grinder or a 4 piece grinder?, I notice that two piece grinder stems to over grind the flower

• @liarliar03 I've got a three-level grinder. I think it's supposed to be four but the kief level doesn't quite work properly.

• As far as storage the boveda works wonders! Mason jars are great but if you are looking to "tinker" and finnd something better the dark glass jars work great that block UV light. They are called infinity jars I think; I have a friend that stores like a dozen strains at once and they will stay fresh and cured for a long time. These jars are quite a bit more$ though considering how cheap ball mason jars are.

• @georgetirebiter I see, now of course this is 100% personal preference, but if you’re looking for something that wind grind too fine to where it damages your trichomes, but not coarse enough to where you’re wasting material, I would recommend this grinder https://www.amazon.com/Masterdam-Grinders-4-Piece-Anodized-Aluminum/dp/B01BYHIENC
    I have had it for around two years, and have probably shredded around 2 pounds of weed without cleaning it once, and it still works as it did the first day,I haven’t had the problem myself, but I have heard using any household oil(hemp oil supposedly works best) and lining the threads on your grinder will make it turn smoother, but I have not tried this myself