First timer MM buyer, somewhat newbie looking for advice

Hey guys,

Just placed my first order this past weekend. I went through a bunch of different websites and did research on how legit they were and basically all of them other than this one had bad reviews and were listed as scams. MM had positive reviews not only on this forum but on different places across the web talking about how its legit and trustworthy. Instead of doing the 1g test first order I went for a 1/2oz. My thinking is, I have ordered legal CBD online and had it delivered via USPS plenty of times without a problem. Seeing as CBD-high flower smells and looks very much like THC-high flower, it should in theory, similarly be able to be delivered without much of a problem. Is this how others feel as well?

Also, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on strains. My tolerance for THC isn't the best and would ideally like to find something on the lower end of the spectrum in terms of THC % that I could smoke during the daytime and still be social and not a zombie.

I am 35 and recently got back into smoking after bad experiences in high school where I would smoke and have the paranoia and anxiety rush over me, couch lock, or just fall asleep. Whether it was anxiety/paranoia or falling asleep after a bad case of the giggles, either way my night was ruined and I was done socializing with friends after smoking. Back then, I didn't know anything about THC% or that some plants were indica heavy and some were sativa. I just smoked what I could find. Now that I know a little more, I am looking to smoke to try to not smoke as many cigarettes as I do now and also not drink quite as much (avoid the hangover while still getting a decent buzz and being social). I usually can take a 10mg edible and feel ok. I feel that my limit per edible would be 15mg. Anything more at once and I may be out of commission for the day/night. When I was in California last Summer I went to a dispensary and they set me up with a number of vape carts that they said were geared toward what I was looking for. These were carts that were 1:1 CBD:THC and 2:1 ratios. They worked well but those sort of vapes seem hard to find around where I live in a non rec.-legal state. Along with my edibles I continue to take, I have recently began buying flower and then mixing it with my CBD flower in those same 1:1 and 2:1 ratios (weigh out 1 or 2 grams of CBD, 1 gram of THC, grind em up then just mix in a bag) but was maybe looking if there was a strain that was low enough in THC% (below 20% maybe?) that I wouldn't have to go through this weighing out process for these ratios. Is there something like that which is normally available on MM or should I just continue to do my own ratios with the CBD flower? I have read that CBD flower with THC helps with the anxiety and paranoia that I am looking to avoid so that could be worth thinking about too.

I started off by ordering the XJ13 strain as the description seemed to sort of be up the ally of what I was looking for (social, energetic, uplifting, without too much of the, couch lock, paranoia, anxiety, giggles then sleep adverse effects). After I try the XJ out, I will look toward any recommended strains if you guys would suggest something different than that.

Also have insomnia and like to smoke to help get to sleep rather than use sleeping pills. While I was above talking about a daytime strain not very high in THC where I could still be social, for a night time strain I guess it doesn't really matter as I am looking to be able to be able to get and stay asleep. Any suggestions on your favorite strain for insomnia? Just saw Runtz was newly added at a discount. Worth a try for sleep?

Comments

• Mixing is your best bet. Go slow and you'll find the right balance.

Xj-13 is a good choice.

That half is probably gonna last you a month, so it's difficult to recommend another strain... check back when you're ready to re-up and someone will point you in the right direction.

Welcome to the party.... smoke responsibly.

• @daCabbie , Thanks and much appreciated. Will continue to mix the XJ per your advice. Will start at 2:1, then 1:1 and then see how it goes unmixed.

• I'd recommend Great Ape as a night time smoke and for insomnia. It's great to one hit and quit, maybe 2 hits and then nighty night! But it isn't on the menu right now but it's pretty popular and shouldn't take that long for it to reappear on MM's menu.

• @Brandon2k20 thanks for the advice. I will keep an eye out.

• Lemme give two other tips for those new to MM and/or to cannabis in general.

1. Don’t fall in love with a particular strain. Chances are high it may run out before you can order again. If it comes around again chances are also it is not from the same harvest or maybe even from a different grower. Cannabis is highly affected by variables some controllable and most not. You want to mix it up anyway with at least a few different rotating strains to keep things fresh and your tolerance at bay.

2. While grower descriptions are useful and fun to read, as are the opinions of other users, the old cliche “different strokes for different folks” most definitely applies to weed. People generally respond to a strain similarly from a mile-high perspective, but at an individual level the effects can and do vary. It is a drug after all and what we experience are merely it’s delightful side effects 😉

• @funkynugz good to hear. I won't take the descriptions as a 100% accurate guide. Will also look to perhaps try different suggested strains in the event of a particular strain I enjoy being out of stock so as my options are open.

• @NOLA504 Wanted to say hi, and welcome. Fellow LA girl here.

• @MigraineWarrior79 thanks for the shout out, glad to see others from La. on here. Gives me more confidence in smooth shipping toward this way.

• I'm a newbie too, awaiting my first shipment. I'll definitely let you know when I have my hands on it. 😊
    @NOLA504

• Texas here. 😏 Been ordering from them for 2 years. Always delivers. Make sure you put “no substitutes” when ordering because they will substitute it if they run out. Good suggestion is to put your second pick in the comments when ordering.

• @cancerwarrior great tip thanks ! I’m a newbie as well ☺️

• I am also new here, I was paranoid. Now, I feel like Pablo....

• Welcome to the MM group. MedMama, Loud, Medboy, Medman are all awesome. Everyone in this forum is also very helpful if you ever have any questions then most are more than happy to help. I have been a customer for 3 years and never had any issues. Like others said, you may get a possible substitution if they are out of what you ordered but just make sure you put your 2nd choice (from the same shipper) in the comments section, just in case.

• Thanks again everyone, great tips and advice all around. Glad to see that MM not only seems to have great products but a good group to turn to when I have questions.

• Welcome! I find sativa-dominant hybrids don't give me the paranoia feeling as much, maybe give some of those a shot? Have fun experimenting, this site is great!

• @NOLA504 I also like how easy it is to speak with everyone here ! Overall everyone has been HELLA helpful when it comes to answering questions, and if I ever had to contact MM or MB they respond very quickly ! Even had a whole mishap that MB fixed for me took a few days but working together and with patience we got it done ✅

• @JCizzle ordered the XJ13 which just arrived today. Very fast shipping and very security packaged.

• Welcome new customers. Very positive to see a lot of newbies lately join the group. Like always, stay respectful, secure and have fun. Always feel free to ask or reply to anything as we all do this by working together. ;)

• Got my XJ13 and my husband and I are STONED !! This is pure 🔥🔥🔥

• @rasta0458 thank you for the welcome. just placed by second order after seeing how perfect the first (XJ) was.

• @suchacutie89 @NOLA504 I keep hearing about how bomb the Xj is. Hope I can get it before its gone l0l

• It’s up still I’m thinking about ordering more! I only ordered an eighth and I’m kicking myself

• @suchacutie89 haha now I'm getting a quarter instead of the eighth I was gonna go with l0l Thanks for your feedback ;)

• @rasta0458, yeah I got a 1/2o of the XJ and am glad I did. It is the perfect daytime strain for me. My tolerance isnt too high and I was able to vape a bit of it and still be productive and run errands as oppose to sitting on the sofa all day. Will def order again!

• @NOLA504 I have Insomnia as well. If you see "Pure OG" come up on the list, do yourself a favor and buy it. It will knock you out at night and the high is not crazy.

• @theunleet cool, I will keep an eye out. Just ordered Pink Champagne to see if it helps with the insomnia. See where the shipping label has been made so think it may come sometime next week where I can give it a go.

• I have "Runtz" coming today. Leafly says I will get very high haha :blush:

• I would pick up something from the cookies family, the kush family and the diesel family.

• @MikeyC , are those good to put you to sleep or more of a daytime thing?

• @NOLA504 Gelato oil and Cannalope oil both hit pretty hard. Dos-Si-Dos is really good (flower). Some of my recent finds. Citron is good, too. Mellow.