+4 on zip code

Hello everyone its been awhile since I have been on here; I hope everyone is well!
The cotton candy has me so stoned I forgot to add the +4 digits on the zip code on my new order. Do any of you guys leave that out or forget it. I remember the order form saying to use it but I wasnt sure if that was just for ID to work properly. Maybe this bud has me a little paranoid as well lol idk 😂

Comments

• Dont forget to bring a towel.... All is well +4 is not needed. Their mail system actually adds it in anyway. I have never used it. Mainly because i dont know the +4. 😂

• I didn’t even know area codes had a +4 until I found this site LOL. That being said, I put it in once or twice and didn’t really notice any difference in speed of delivery, so I never add it in anymore

• Been doing it but don't think it really makes much difference just doing outta habit now

• edited October 2020

Basically, the+4 zip code is for the benefit of the post office. The claim is that delivery is sped up because machines route your mail automatically with less human intervention. If you use the +4 number, less humans will touch your package.

Your package will likely show up in ID if you use the +4 zip code as well. A package without the +4 may show up without notice.

All of the above is based on a normal operating system. 2020 seems exempt from the rules these days.

• Lol OK thanks yall. I didnt realize I forgot it till I looked at my screenshot and I was so high I started to overthink it! 😂
    2020 def seems exempt from a lot of things