Magic mushrooms grow in man's blood after injection of shroom tea.

edited January 2021 in General

A friend of mine shared this with me. It's quite an interesting read. Thought it might pique y'alls interest as well. Definitely caught my eye.

https://www.livescience.com/amp/magic-mushroom-injection-case-report.html

Comments

• Multisystem organ failure, eh?...I'm no doctor, but going out on a limb, that doesn't sound like a very good diagnosis.
    I'm still not sure why so many people believe that shrooms can be smoked or injected, since oral ingestion is what causes the stomach to convert psilocybin to its active form psilocin, which causes us to "trip".
    I tried smoking shrooms once back in the day. What a waste of perfectly good shroomage, even though I've had friends tell me they're smoked shrooms and felt something. I think it's placebo.

• @Stab_Snipers I think the collective IQ of the American populace is dwindling but soon I feel its gonna nose dive.

Unfortunately, the intellectuals among us have a dwindling tolerance for stupidity. That's my 2 cents. People are getting increasingly more stupid for lack of a better word & are becoming more easily influenced. That used to require illicit drugs like Scopilomine which is derived from the nightshade plant basically causes the victim to lose their free will. Now all you have to do is ensure the victims hear the same line of bullshit over & over: mask mandates, 6 feet of space (which by the way isn't doing a thing because of the fact that a decent sneeze leaves the nose at 200mph+ that can cover 6 feet in the blink of an eye if not faster).

• That's about 10 times dumber than all the dumb shit I've done in my life combined.

• edited January 2021

@Sixwaychili Right? The good thing is there is pretty much an endless supply of idiots so we'll always have free entertainment for when the power goes out other than to talk to our family...horrible prospect I know. But yeah, that's heroin junkie shit...

• @PCT90 lol damn you beat me to the article!

• I havent read the article yet... however... may i just be the one to say it? the Darwin Awards exist for a reason :)

• i know that my previous comment is slightly insensitive; rest assured that i say that knowingly ... and ALSO with the knowledge that i very EASILY couldve ended up winning one myself.. with all the dumb shit i've done, in my 'youth'...

• @v32Finish Insensitive? Hardly. The general public would benefit from a society free of sugar coating.

• @PCT90 couldn't agree more .

• @greatspirit your no match for me & my ample free time. Haha.

• I read this crazy article too! Man what was this dude thinking... maybe if we inject boiled bud water. Buds will grow in our bloodstream and keep us high forever! Haha! Weirdos.

• edited January 2021

People are crazy. I’ve never heard of someone trying to bang psilocybin. Maybe he shouldve sufficed, natural selection at its best, god doing his work! These are the people that give this medicine a bad name

• edited January 2021

At least he got his wish "he's a fungi" yeah I know sorry I couldn't resist the bad pungus. Dwelling and trailing. 😆

• @907ak420 to put in bluntly humanity was fuked in the recent past, is fuked currently (politics aside) & will be fu*ked in the future.

Stupidity has become commonplace (not even ignorance, that can be corrected by enlightening the ignorant one but not stupidity)

Our only hope at this point, in my opinion, is to hunker down in a bunker & and await the second coming of Christ. My guess is that humanity will do itself in within the next 75-100 years.

• @MNTDWLER I'd be willing to bet the nursing staff that dealt with him & the doctors probably talked up quite a sh*t storm when he was out of ear shot.

• You know it,probably called him a dumb shit to his face lol

• @MNTDWLER There really needs to exist a test & certification for breeding.

• Even with stupidity becoming a common place, there has to be that voice that tells you "hey this is wrong" what happen the ol' jimney cricket on peoples shoulders telling them not to be a fool?

• Some people lack that voice but the good thing is most of the time people only need to learn the hard way once if the person repeats that pattern of behavior then they belong in a psyche hospital. I'm sure you're familiar with the definition of insanity.

• Like cypress hills insane in the brain

• Wtaf 🤦‍♀️

• I don't think it's stupidity. I think it's psychosis.

• Whatever it was, smoking a nice fat bowl probably would of been alot better. Usually when your really stoned, you are too high to do anything stupid, versus being under the influence of something like alcohol, you're 10feet tall and bullet proof.

• I guess we all walk a very thin line and it is very easy to fall either way of that very very narrow path

• @georgetirebiter I think you're right. And with psychosis comes the realistic possibility of an encounter with a mentally unstable, violent individual/individuals.

I had a feeling shit was going to continue hitting the fan when my probation officer expressed concern for the direction of the country & realistic possibility of folks to encounter violent, unstable individuals. My opinion is that he was trying to subtly tell me to carry. I mean he doesn't drug test me and he doesn't do house calls because I live in a different county from where his office is located so I think what I said before is entirely possible and I think he just didn't want to outright say that because his supervisor could have overhead our phone call. Do those two things sound plausible to anybody else?

• Damn. Almost won a Darwin Award. But he did not die. He should be a shoe in on his next idea.