I’ve never tried shrooms

edited March 2021 in General

I hope everyone is doing well. Me? I’m not upset at all that a package that was supposed to be delivered today is sitting in “USPS facility” 2 blocks from my house, but not out for delivery. Anyway, I’m thinking about trying shrooms, but a little nervous I would see some creepy stuff. I’d love to hear some stories/ advice about shroom trips if you’ve got any!

Comments

• If you can handle strong weed, then you should be fine on shrooms. I took an 8th my first time. I took half then another half about an hour later.

They kick in pretty quick. I ate them with a peanut butter sandwich. The buzz is pretty good.

The only issue I came across that bothered me was dehydration and diarrhea. I thought my hands and arms were swelling up which really freaked me out but it was just a minor misperception.

• @georgetirebiter is an experienced psychonaut, and has been guiding me as to which shrooms would be great for newbies like us. I'll take my first trip as soon as I get my shrooms. I ordered the Mazatec.
    @Higheveryone23

• edited March 2021

You'll be fine honestly, it's not a bad idea to try out a gram or two just to see what you're getting yourself into. You're not going to see anything crazy and the most that's going to happen is maybe your thoughts become more lucid and things might move a little. If you're not an advanced weed smoker, I think a whole 8th is a lot, but who knows, I've always been fine with smaller quantities with every substance.

• also, do mushroom types feel different just like weed strains? I didn't like Taj Mahal.... just my opinion

• edited March 2021

I don't do them anymore. Did them a few times in college back in the day. Sometimes had a good time, though often didnt like the effect. Biggest pointers I can give from my experiences are to start slow (you can always take more if need be, but can't reverse from taking too much to start), pace yourself (take a bit, wait an hour or so and then re-evalutae how the effects are hitting you before you think of taking any more. I made the mistake of thinking the little bit I took had no effect after about 20 min then took more and it all hit me at once). Mind your company and surroundings. You don't wanna do them in environments that induce stress and/or anxiety. For example, I did them once with a group of folks in a small, dark house and had a bad time while I did them while tubing on the river, outdoors in the sun and had a nice time. The people around you will also matter just as much as the environment. You want people around you that understand what the effects are that you are going through and will do there best to make the experience a good one rather than a group of people who don't know and may cause anxiety or stress during the process (even worse, have someone(s) around who are purposely trying to give you a bad trip). I also found that taking them on a full stomach was better than taking them on an empty (though it will take longer to kick in). Play some good jam band music or Google some good music to play during a trip. If you cannot get out into nature to enjoy the experience and are stuck inside, I find it better to watch fun stuff (typical Seth Rogan style comedies) rather than something too intense (Saw, The Conjuring, etc.)

Be responsible and remember some of what I along with others said and you should be ok.

• Great advice @NOLA504 . that pretty much sums it up!! awesome post.

especially like the advice bout the jam band music. HIGHLY recommend Widespread Panic while in that altered state.. or any time, really.. but MAN.one of the very best shows i've seen in my entire life was frying super hard at Bonnaroo watching Widespread Panic and Trey Anastasio ..

good advice, good times. can't wait to try some shrooms again! will definitely be placing an order in the next week or 2.

• edited March 2021

@v32Finish Thanks. yeah Thursdays at Jazz Fest here in NOLA Widespread used to always play and it was a prime environment for taking shrooms. Also had a bad trip once bc we were trying to think of fun movies to watch and we picked out Who Framed Roger Rabbit and The Brave Little Toaster. There were some scenes in those movies that wigged us out.

• Here is my experience, my first time.

I would equal the buzzes I have felt so far as equal to the strongest indica I have ever smoked. Don't make any plans for a couple of hours. :wink:

https://medicinemanonline.com/discussion/2402/penis-envy

• Thanks everyone! I’m definitely going to start slow. I’ve got a high tolerance to THC , but I also have a sensitive stomach. Would anyone recommend smoking some green in case of nausea? Or is that too much?

• @Higheveryone23

I've seen that some do.
    I also have a sensitive tummy, so I probably will just in case.

• I have sensitive stomach. I ate 1/8th of Taj Mahal with banana. Smoking didn't help, it ripped up my stomach something terrible regardless. Intense nausea. Cool trip though. That was my experience on Thanksgiving

• lol! @NOLA504 sounds like something that wouldve totally happened to me & my friends too..

haven't had many bad trips, but one time comes to mind that i ended up locked in a dark closet for maybe an hour .. super bad trip, and it was all brought on by the fact that i couldn't make change for someone. i was doing a transaction with someone and i knew that they needed cash back and they were waiting there staring at me.. and i i looked at the money and just absolutely couldn't comprehend or begin to count.. and it started the downward spiral.

LOL

i could definitely see being triggered by some movies tho

@theunleet sorry to hear that. for future reference, i have heard that brewing a tea will still give you all the effect, but reduce the nausea considerably.

puking your guts out while tripping super hard is a ... unique experience.

• edited March 2021

For one of my bad trips, I was watching The Doors and I felt like if I made it until the end, I would die like Jim Morrison. I felt emotionally and physically like he may have if the movie were real. I stopped watching right before the bathtub scene, thank goodness.

Pretty positive that was lsd, not shrooms though. LSD was a huge commitment, like 8-12 hours.