Should I have done this?

I just dropped a jar of Tahoe OG that shattered into a million pieces and I made my gf throw it away because I didn't really want to smoke tiny particles of glass into my lungs. She was like I'd smoke this all day and all night. Who was right and wrong here?

Comments

• Had it been me that dropped a jar of Tahoe OG, my tears would have washed all the glass away.

But seriously, I suppose it depends on how you smoke it.

Roll a joint? Maybe not, unless you picked the largest buds and crumbs out of the crash and were able to clean them off well enough, then rolled a filter into the joint. A water bong would filter any glass dust, I would think. Just hit it slower than normal, i.e. don't rip any hits while smoking it. A pipe? No, unless you could put a filter in it somehow.

If you can shrug off the loss, then I say "why take the chance?" but in my circumstance, I would be digging out as much as I could reasonably get then using a filter of some kind to make sure no little shards got through.

• I had already ground it so it was going to be really tough to filter it. The pieces of glass were tiny. I'm really sad because I loved that strain.

• That is a tragedy. I will burn a fatty of Jaeger for you when my order comes in by Thursday (I hope) That's all I can do, man. :'-(

• I'd put in the "oil bag" and do a wash with warm coconut oil, filter with a coffee filter, heat gently for an hour or two for decarb purposes, then freeze or allow to solidify. Because my GI tract is a nightmare hellscape, I can't ingest "edibles," so I convert a portion of my stash to oils. I rub a couple spoonfuls on my body every day, making me smell as nutty as my words and appearance make me look.

• You did the right thing. F

• Why grind up a jarful ahead of time? I like keeping mine in buds till I smoke it. Seems to keep it fresher. Actually, when the order comes often it's compressed into one tight little "mini brick" from the vacuum sealing and I just pull off a chunk as I smoke it. Plus I keep it tightly wrapped in a baggie inside a jar. So it would have been a non issue for me.

• Use a bong.

• @JaymeeG For each strain, I have two jars. One is a mason jar that I vacuum seal with a FoodSaver, which is where I keep the buds. I have another small jar that I keep 3-4 grams of ground buds in that I fill a bowl from. The small jar is what broke. This wasn't a major catastrophe because it wasn't that much, but it was all I had left of that strain which I loved.

@Thisguy I'm a moron. I haven't used my bong in ages because I hate it, but it definitely would have filtered the glass. I forgot I even had it!