Banana Fire Cookies?

2»

Comments

• edited March 2021

@v32Finish ever use ilgm.com ?

• Thank you much!

• How about autoflowering? I hear they should be avoided.

• edited March 2021

@TreesPlz i have seen them, and they do have a solid reputation, but i haven't used them. I do wish they had more half-packs or pick-n-mix options, but i haven't checked their site in a long time.

@leaf autos and photos are totally different, but there's a place for both of them (in my garden at least). some ppl feel auto's are inferior, bc it wasn't until a few years ago that they started being 'good' enough to compete with actual photos.

the main thing about autos is that they are basically on a timer... they don't require a change in their light cycle to start flowering... they just grow for 3-5 weeks in veg and then start flowering on their own, no matter what. this can be convenient bc it makes them FASTER... but it gives you NO leeway to make any mistakes. if you accidentally overwater, or over-fertilize, or for ANY reason stunt them or stress them out.... you can still succeed.. but it will likely end up a small plant. it's a give-and-take.

so yeah.. i wouldn't necessarily say autos should be avoided.. but they are a completely different tool to be used in your toolbox :) my current "style" that i've done for my last 2 runs.. i start 1-2 autoflowers first. i let them veg a little and then start my photos after. then, by the time the auto is totally finished.. i'm ready to flip my lights to 12/12 to induce flowering on the photoperiods.

so yeah, in conclusion.. there's alot of different ways you can go about it

• Thx a lot @v32Finish. I just ordered a 4’x4’ tent and 300W led. That information is priceless.
    One more thing, would you recommend soil or hydroponic for a small set up..... I’m leaning towards potting soil amended with coca fiber.
    Maybe I should start a new thread.

• @leaf, @v32Finish (and other seed shoppers). I like Humboldt because of the domestic shipping and speed. At first I was taken aback because all the strains are new. You won't find regulars like Purple Punch. So selection is different but, as with my Bodeda Bubblegum purchase, interesting and worthwhile. It was the only strain I grew last year that turned out, in my opinion, well.

• @leaf what kind of LED you get? I have been clueless about all the new advances in lights and just got a spider farmer 1000 and this thing is badass compared to using HID lights.
    @georgetirebiter is Humboldt currently taking orders last I checked they were not but that was months ago

• @v32Finish I have used ILGM once and they are fine but I like seedsman more for the genetics and freebies. I got gorilla glue auto from them they are currently roughing it outside and look great they just started to flower. ILGM is more expensive but they are one of the only seed companies that has a germination guarantee and will replace seeds. Seedsman and a lot of others have no germination guarantee but make up for it with the price and extra seeds. ILGM also only carries their own seeds which is kinda lame.
    I have a peyote forum and a couple amnesia autos going btw

• I think I tagged the wrong person. @TreesPlz I have used ilgm

• @nefgreen I don't actually know. It's been months since I ordered. I'm not really in the game this year, other than bag seeds.

• @nefgreen sorry for the late reply. I finally looked at the thing. My LED which hasn’t been energized yet is a BloomPlus 3000. It was a little more expensive as I recall.

• edited April 2021

@leaf sorry for the late reply!!! Iam terrible about that.

I think you're on the right track!!

Soil is more forgiving, so I always recommend new growers to start in soil (or coco).

Fwiw, in my own mind I break everything down into 3 categories. Soil, coco, and hydro. (Even tho coco can be used as hydro).

I have used coco but found that It needs to be watered 2-4x a day to get the most benefit of it, so I switched to organic living soil from Build-a-soil. This would also be my recommendation for new growers as this bypasses a huge part of mixing and blending* nutrients...

You can VERY easily order jeremy's 3.0 mix and basically transplant from a Solo cup to a 1 gallon nursery pot, then when they look like they are getting hungry or rootbound, transplant them into their final container and flip them to flower. (The B.A.S. "3.0" Mix is their most fortified organic living soil and has most of the nutrients your plants will need from day 1 until maybe about 3wks or a month)

Again many apologies to ANYONE if I ever stop responding .. or miss a question. Lol. I have been busy and find myself coming around here less often.

Good luck everyone ! #growyourown

• Thx man!

• @leaf thats a sweet light! Looks similar to the spider farmers but mine is only 100W model.
    I also use coir/perlite and treat it like organic soil myself. I added in kelp, rock dust, alfalfa, fish bone meal, earth worm casting and lots of other amendments😁mr canucks on youtube is great to learn how to grow in coir
    If yall want to see my amnesia my insta is bean.grower

• Thanks to v32 I just ordered from build-a-soil. His suggestions are getting expensive. Still need to get that inline fan and filter.

• @leaf i have heard good things about build a soil just never checked them out myself. I have a giant bag of perlite and buy the vermont organic coir blocks through home depot. They gotta be washed because of salt sometimes but its not too hard to wash in fabric pots. From there I amend with all the organic dry amendments.
    I dont have a inline fan and filter myself but if I end up getting one to vent to the attic I would probably get an infinity, they are supposed to be pretty good and quiet as well. Right now I just have a big air purifier/ ionizer with carbon filters installed in it and its working but who knows how much of the smell it will clean up when it flowers. Then I have a small honeywell fan circulating air.
    Ona gel is another thing for the smell but you have to be careful with how close it is to the plants..they can absorb the ona smell.

• @leaf it can definitely add up... i would definitely caution that you usually don't "need" everything all at once; or at least thats what i tell myself. hehe. at least it can usually be spread out a bit.

if you haven't already, check out the buildasoil youtube also... jeremy (the owner of Buildasoil) is doing a 10x10 grow tent series right now and i can't stress enough this guy really knows his stuff and is a great resource to the community. i just ordered a bag of the 3.0 mix and a bag of the "light" mix... as well as earthworm castings and a few others. but the way i look at it, i'm saving on nutrients in the long run because after i buy the "build-a-flower topdress kit", i literally won't need to spend a dime on bottled nutrients for my next run. ( can't believe i forgot to put that one in my cart)

@nefgreen - totally gotta agree with your last post, lots of great info. I also went with an AC infinity inline fan/filter combo.. kinda pricey but it's basically top-tier when it comes to odor control/exhaust. there are much cheaper options from vivosun and spiderfarmer that could be used instead (or, how i'm doing- using a box fan literally just blowing out of the corner of my tent!! lol.. i just got in the inline & haven't set it up yet :joy:) same with Ona gel. great option; keep far from plants. lol

either way, growing is suuuper therapeutic and i would recommend it to anyone. the government has no right to tell me what plants i can or can't grow in my own personal garden, so i will continue to grow what i wish until the ridiculous laws are changed .

good luck!!

• edited April 2021

(also as Nef said... mr.canucksgrow is by far one of the best channels on YT! highly recommend! attaching a link for one of my favorite episodes which very nicely shows his style, both as regards to his editing [damn fire intro] as well as his coco+ dry amendment organic grow method. great stuff. )

• @v32Finish When are you giving the shroom cultivation tutorial?

Seriously, that's my next move. I'm leaving cannabis cultivation to others. For now, at least. If anyone has good resources, I'm looking to start with a micro grow.

• @georgetirebiter i learned on reddit. The "shoebox" method is good for small grows. I think r/shrooms and r/shroomers were the groups. Sporetraders is great on there too for getting spores

• edited April 2021

Shroomery.org hands down the best resource. 100% watch roger rabbits cultivation videos , copy him. Do yourself a favor and skip anything to do with brown rice flour (BRF) and instead use wild bird seed (WBS) you do need a pressure cooker to sterilize WBS. These few things will improve your experience.

• Thanks @nefgreen and @Fallguy I'm well aware of these resources. They're vast!

I guess I was looking for a YouTuber version of one of their most basic TEKs.

• I use brf and spawn to bulk with no pressure cooker. Just sayin everyone has their own ways and it actually can be very rewarding learning like this with minimal investment. I havent really felt the need to get a PC or use grains myself and I have all the mushrooms I could ever want.

• Roger rabbits cultivation tek should be on YouTube. I bought DVDs 20+ years ago. If not on YouTube videos should be available on shroomery. A must see.

• i was told Silly Golden Teacher (?) is a good YT channel. haven't checked it yet but was just told this the other day. just fyi

• awesome info in this thread. thanks guys