The 3 day time limit

edited March 2020 in General

I understand the site cutting back from 10 days with all the volitility in currency prices but anyone else out there think 3 days from order to payment is too short a period? If you have a problem and contact them, they take 24 hours or more to reply and basically your order won't go through and you have to start again. I lobbied them for a 5 day limit but haven't heard back.

Comments

• If I look at it from a business perspective than I think 3 days is too long. The huge price swings in crypto can eat away all profits. They NEED to make a profit to stay in business and send me weed. Their are many ways to purchase Bitcoin that go through in about an hour. If you are willing to pay a little more miner fee than you can get them the Bitcoin in more than enough time. I normally complete the order, pay, and receive my payment confirmation emailI in less than an hour from start to finish. I know it can be a pain sometimes but increasing the time to pay will only result in a markup on the price.... No faster service, and only benefiting people who try to "time the price / purchase" to save a few bucks. I am not saying this is your intent, only that an increase in time to pay would result in many people doing this and possibly drive up prices.

• I'm with Thatguy. Do what you can, do what you want, but...I pay extra to complete the transaction, start to finish, in five minutes. I use Coinmama's "debit card" option. I'm too easily distracted to make every order a project.

• "I use Coinmama's "debit card" option. I'm too easily distracted to make every order a project."

Ha ha! You've been looking over my shoulder, I think. :-D

• I don’t order until I'm ready to pay. Like any other transaction. Seems reasonable enough.

• I always get/have payment ready to send. 3 days is really generous with crypto volatile as it is. Personnaly 24 hours is too long. But tjats just me. Should be like hour or 3 max.

• If you aren't ready to pay immediately, you aren't ready to place an order. It's not like your desired items will be placed on hold just because you get an order conformation.

• Wow with Coinbase I can place send and get payment confirmation in less than 1 hr with a 1% fee to place my orders

• Like Joha, I purchase the bitcoin first and dont bother to order from Medboy until my wallet is flush so everything is fast..

• The main issue is with folks who use Coinbase's ACH option, which triggers that delay. If you pay their 1% fee for debit cards then it's very quick.

• Medboy is right. Paying that fee makes it like ordering from Amazon. Except no credit cards...