My thoughts on the weeds

My last order from Loud I ordered an Oz of forbidden fruit, and a bunch of gram samples. I received Sluricane, dolato, dosido, some others I don't remember. I didn't get the grams I ordered though and I got 2 of the sluricane and a free sluricane joint.
The thing is they all tasted pretty much the same to me. Really not much difference and I tested them on my partner and they confirmed my thoughts without me leading them.
The grams had very little smell, but the Oz had strong fruity smell in the bag like juicy fruit gum.
The taste and effects were good, but nothing special.
I have never been blown away by anything from Loud or Mama, but it's never been anything to complain about. It's always been good, but I have had a lot better on the past from street weed. I have also gotten a lot a complete garbage on the street.
Good bud has disappeared on the street since CBD has been around.

I have been burned by street vendors too many times in the last couple of years with CBD, and just bad product. 20 years ago I could get fire Mexican brick weed for 60 an Oz. Most of the time it was 25-30 a quarter but my circle had a pretty good run one summer with that 60 per Oz stuff.

Then in early 2000s we got "kind bud" at 120 a quarter. Prices gradually came down to around 60-80 a quarter. Then came mids at 40-50. And the Mexican brick weed completely disappeared.
2000-2012 or so were the best years for bud for me. Everything has been way down hill. I haven't seen anything that has made me say "HOLY SHIT" in very long time.

I really want some HOLY SHIT weed...

Comments

• For me it was the mid 60's-70's with country specific strains that ran the gambit from Afghan to thai, columbian ,panama red ,ect. When prices jumped from $25 to $40 a zip it was outrageous lol. There was always mex brick available for $15-$20 all of these were heavy hitters except the mexbrick that would still mess you up. At the same time there were bricks of hash from Turkey, Afganistan, Morocco ect that would sit you down for pin and glass sessions with friends and leave everyone drooling🤤lol. Then in the late 70's to early 80's came big hydroponic growers and slowly came the change to where we are now. It's just my opinion but I think there's been a loss of character in strains with the defining effects muted or just plain lost in the race for higher thc levels. Free trade weed ? What a novel idea. Just a old stoners view 💚💨🍀

• edited October 2021

In my town back in the 70s a small plane loaded with weed crashed and burned at the local airport. It's a very rural area and really more of an air strip.
    The cops just it left there to burn and several of groups of people were going out there and salvaging what they could.
    That stuff was around for about a year and it all tasted like diesel fuel so it got the name diesel dope.

• @phantom_shitter, A wonderful small-town gift, even with the diesel fuel. I also lived in a small rural town with a small air strip. Do you know if the 2 men flying that plane lived?

Strange, I know of 2 men that crashed their overloaded small plane in the 70s. They both lived and ran. On that trip, they were returning from Mexico. Everyone in town talked about how much they left on that plane. Our small town was located between 2 large Ohio cities. Each city was over an hour away. They both came from wealthy families and turned our small town into a hub for central Ohio.

In those days, a lot of people were trying to make money that way. It could have been anyone.

• I just looked up the details. It's pretty cool that I found it immediately. I never knew exactly what happened.
    Without giving away my location I can say this. Single occupant survived and set the plane on fire intentionally.
    He was diverted by ATC, from the planned landing site about 50 miles away because of "technical problems." There was poor visibility, and he veered off the runway after touchdown and wrecked the plane.
    It had come from Colombia and it was a shit load of weed.

• Your town benefited from a shit load of weed. I don't know. They may have gone together or separately. I don't remember the details except the plane was set on fire intentionally. We all thought that was a crazy desperate move. It was so long ago. I think that I was in high school at the time. I know one man was caught & the plane was torched. Who knows but you had plenty of Colombian Diesel.

So many people were making those flights going to Mexico or Colombia for weed or coke. Those were the days.