So I bought a wax vape pen...wax or shatter?

edited August 2021 in Questions

I've decided that after 25 years of smoking, I'm going to try a wax pen. I have never dabbed or had concentrates. I have a dry herb vape, and I like it but the buzz is different and not as satisfying sometimes.

I just bought a Yocan Armor Vaporizer and am now trying to decide what to try first. I'm leaning towards wax. What is the difference between wax and wax crumble? Any real difference between wax and shatter?

Any suggestions on what to get? I'm looking for something creative, euphoric, mellow, and won't trigger a panic attack lol
Maybe the Wedding Cake wax?

Comments

• I’ve never used wax crumble but I bet it’s easier to deal with based on how it looks. Shatter is good too, but sometimes it melts in the mail and you just get a gooey mess. It still does the job but it’s just harder to work with. I’ve never had it in a concentrate but Kashmir Kush flower has been good to me. I like the indica leaning feelings, so mendo breathe was good too. The only one I don’t like is Do-si-do. Too much energy and a little jittery feeling like too much coffee

Your experience might be different but I don’t feel like it gives the same feeling as straight flower, but it lasts longer and doesn’t take as much to get the medicated feeling. If you feel like it’s not quite the feeling you’re after just smoke a little flower, maybe like half a joint or less, and then hit the wax afterwards until you feel like you’re at the right level. It took a little bit of trial and error for me to get it right. Good luck!

• Coolio. Thank you VERY much @PolkHighStar ! I've heard a lot of people talk about shatter and I suspect that's what I will end up trying the most. I'm not necessarily looking to get any higher, just something different. I have too many responsibilities, children, etc. to do shrooms or drop acid right now, and have done neither in nearly 20 years. So maybe concentrates will be something fun while still staying inside the THC family. 👍🏼

• Gooey shatter can be corrected by sticking it in the freezer for a few mins 😃

Crumble is just like the name suggests. It can be annoying at times, but I'd venture to say that it would be pretty easy to work with a dab pen.

Start slow 😉

• @MigraineWarrior79 LOL The slowest. ;)

I'm going to try Wax first. Then if I dig it, I'll get a sample of the shatter.

• To my surprise, I find that I really enjoy the wax! I was shocked. Old dog, new tricks and all that. The buzz is different but satisfying and lasts a long time. I ordered more last Saturday from Medmama, but with their backup it won't get here until the 7th. Hopefully it will be just as good. The last one was Wedding Cake. This one is supposed to be MAC-1. Fingers crossed it won't take all 10 days to get here. But either way I'm stoked. 👍🏼

• @OzBaxter this "old dog" was doing dab's of hindu kush shatter this morning at 5:00 for a wake/bake. Just for the record 4 dab's in a sic cup. Set at 40w with a temp of 350°= 1FUI . I got as f'd up as I can remember in a long time. As I folded up a good gram and a half and slid it in with the 4g's I got 4/20, did I realize how much I have been rationing the stuff. And just how it's chemistry and mine work so harmoniously together lol. Yes even old dogs have breakable Concen""TRAIT'S" my friend 🤣. What's not to like about 'em, they act fast, upon indulgence they hit hard leaving you feeling dreamy. And the really good ones last a long time. I'm sure if everyone found these qualities in a mate we'd all stay couples and couchlocked. I hope you get your Mac1 sooner than you expect. Think about all of the strains and different types of concentrates that lay before you, Now you can find that kind concentrate you like and lay in a cache. You may never return from this mission with the same outlook on life you cannabis juggernaut. 😁lol.

• LOL!! @MNTDWLER Now you definitely have me stoked! 😆 I can't count the number of strains I've seen come through as just concentrate but no flower. I can't wait to try them all! You are right, I think I found these 'trates just in time. Next order: Shatter 👍🏼✌️

• And now the USPS is saying my MAC arrives today. Who can ever tell with such an efficient government system... 🙄😉🤣

• @OzBaxter This old gal is trying a concentrate for the first time. I have an order of Kronocaine shatter on its way. I don't know what to expect and I can't wait to try something new. It was suggested that I try wax first but I really like the sound of Kronocaine.

• @Gen from what I've gathered from your post you're Indicaly inclined gal "until you want a sativa😉"... you won't be disappointed with kronocaine. It's a good dispensary grade shatter but it's not too strong as the novice or sensitive vaper can't enjoy. Have fun my like hearted hippie friend💚✌🏼 ps: I haven't seen wax from @LoudnCo in many'a moon but🤞very soon🙏🏽

• I'm looking forward to more wax. I tried Sunset Sherbert diamonds. Not impressed. It might just be the strain, but there is little "high" and it doesn't burn as well as the wax I had from Medmama. I think Loud has some "discount wax" but it looks like shatter in the pics.

• @MNTDWLER OMG, been up all night. Tried the Kronocaine a little while ago. Wow, this is wonderful. I am in love. Amazing shit. Why haven't I tried this sooner? Is wax anything like this? I may have been greedy and had too many hits. I am really fucked up. Whoops, did I say that? :blush:

• @Gen

Im so sorry you've been up all night, love! I hate nights like that.
    I am glad that you like the Kronocaine, though!
    I hope you can get a little power nap today. 💚

• edited October 2021

@Gen lol yeah there's no difference between the two jmho. I just vape more flower and shatters. For me shatters have a longer shelf life again jmho. I'm so sorry for you I understand your problem all too well. It's fantastic that the kane treated you well with only a few hits 😂 I love I say I love that instant I'm intercourse'd up feeling 😂🤣. And yep if you're fucked up and feel like saying it, say it I've done it many times😁. Enjoy my friend 💚💨☘

• @MigraineWarrior79 It's 3 in the afternoon and I just woke up from a power nap. Thanks for the suggestion. My body and mind must have heard you.

I love Kronocaine. We were meant for each other. I followed @MNTDWLER advice, had a few hits of one of my strains first, hit the shatter, and had a lovely time.
    I can't wait to try wax, diamonds, or CRC Hash. I need to watch my language when I am using shatter. Sorry. In my previous post, my fingers did what they were told.

• @Gen

No worries at all! I occasionally say fuck, myself. Haha!! You're very welcome! @MNTDWLER is awesome and great with advice.

I don't use a wax pen, but will eventually pick one up.

I have had the Ruthless OG CRC Hash, and absolutely love it. It knocks me out, which is a YAY in my book. (That's one that doesn't need to be kept in the freezer)
    Fellow insomniac.

I've had diamonds, but I can't remember exactly what strain it was😂. I THINK it was sunset sherbet.

• @MigraineWarrior79 Thank you so much for telling me about the Ruthless OG CRC Hash especially while it is still on the menu. I am curious if you don't use a wax pen, how do you use it? Pipe or rolled?

I have been getting excellent advice and I feel like a kid in a concentrated candy store. I will have to borrow some money for the hash from a friend. She knows I will pay her back at the beginning of the month. She is trying my shatter today. She has never had the experience. This woman smokes from the time she gets up until she crashes at night.

@MigraineWarror79 Thank you & @MNTDWLER so much, you both are jewels, and shiny gems. Big Hug. I value all the advice on this form. Both you and @MNTDWLER have been so supportive and understanding. I have only talked to doctors about my sleep disorders and they are useless. Other than doctors, I have always dealt with it privately. This old hippy has a slightly younger male friend who doesn't understand. I have several health issues that cause sleep disorders. He is like most men, as soon as his head hits the pillow, he is asleep. He's a good guy and worries too much because he almost lost me several times but this is old hippy is not going to watch him sleep all night. Screw that :smile:

• @Gen

I have a small nectar collector, and I also use a torch, and banger set up on my bong. Lately, I've been lazy (not just lately 😂), and I'll load a bowl for my bong with flower to halfway, then concentrate of choice, some keif, and then finish topping with flower. That's a great way to knock the fuck outta some pain, or put yourself to sleep!

I know all about those younger men who don't understand what it's like to deal with the issues! 😋I do have one guy friend who is my age, and is an insomniac. His issue is back pain, and horrible anxiety, which i understand both very well.

Myself, im single, but my parents sold their place, and moved in with me this year. Totally cool with me cause I hate being alone, lol. My Pop smokes still, but my Mom doesn't as much as us two do, and she prefers sativas. What a weirdo! 🤣💚

• @MigraineWarrior79 I like the way you smoke a bowl with flower, concentrate then flower. I don't have keif but I can make do. I will do anything to knock the fuck out of pain and put myself to sleep. Sounds like heaven to me.

I am also single and I don't plan on changing that. I just lost my mother. My father passed 4 years ago. My baby sister - and my best friend, passed 7 years ago. Your parents sound amazing and interesting. I had to leave the house to smoke. Now I am the last one standing which was unexpected and a shock. I was told I would not outlive my parents years ago.

• edited October 2021

@gen

I like the single life too. 😁

I'm so sorry for all the loss in your life, my goodness. Big hugs to you, my friend!
    💚💚💚

I definitely was blessed with amazing parents, and one of the lucky ones. They're nuts and comedians, well, should have been comedians.
    Never a dull moment. 😋

• @MigraineWarrior79 I Just ordered Ruthless OG CRC Hash. I am going to have to avoid MMs supplies for a month or two. My friend let me borrow some money, bless her ❤.

Thank you for the kind words and hugs. I have not had the time to mourn the loss of my mother yet. I am in the middle of probate which has been contested. My mother didn't have much but a wealthy step-sister showed up and is getting half. She was never around to help, hated her father, and used my mother's giving nature. She is going to be disappointed if she thinks there will be a lot of money. Sadly, mom made a small mistake in her will. Probate costs are expensive.

Be careful of the names you add to your will. If you add any name, spell out everything in detail. what you want them to have and only under what conditions. I changed my will after I realized Mom's lawyer's mistake. Florida laws are strange. Things never work out as planned. I will be glad when this is all over. I did find an amazing small local organization to donate all her household items and furniture. It will be given to families, veterans, etc who have lost everything and need to set up a place they have been given to stay in until they get back on their feet. There are so many families, veterans, etc., living on the street currently that this organization helps them start a new life. I was so impressed when I visited the place. They had young people that had graduated volunteering there. Helping to organize and picking up or moving items to where they were needed. Impressive young souls. Mom would love that she is helping so many in need.

• @gen

Im going to have to put my spending on hold too. You'll like the Ruthless OG.

You're a very kind soul to donate so much to so many in need. I pray everything goes well with the probate. 💚

• @MigraineWarrior79 Thank you, my friend. Thank you for the information about the Ruthless OG. It sounds exactly like what the doctor ordered. :smiley:
    Most of all, thank you for the kind words. I would like to take credit for donating my mother's belongings. I honestly believe in my heart, if my mother had been able to find an organization like that, If I had gone before my mother, she would do the same thing with my belongings. Really GIVE to those who are in need. She was ahead of her time, and one of a kind. She came from a line of strong, unusual women, that made it on their own with children in tow. Mom had one weakness. She was too generous with her money. She was taken advantage of more than once. Both times I saw it, it was sad and hard to watch. She would hold her head up and move on. She had a rough life yet she still came out of it being a giving soul.