How Accurate is Informed Delivery?

Hi All,

I have been using medman for years but just signed up for USPS informed delivery. I was surprised to see that there's no shipping label for an order I placed a week ago, but I see in some discussions that sometimes packages show up without ever registering on informed delivery. I'm just wondering how common that is, for those of you who use informed delivery? Do you usually see a shipping label? If mine still hasn't been made, is it most likely just already in the mail and not on informed delivery, or are they really behind right now on orders?

Comments

• Don't trust it. I get packages without the labels being updated. Put your trust in medman and medboy.

• @antfuzz amen to that, they have never let me down yet in six years

• not very!

• Mine is usually fairly accurate, once or twice had something show no heads up but most show right as says delivered but does take a min sometimes to show labels or started moving

• Thanks all. It now says a label was created on Sunday (seems weird...aren't they closed on Sundays?) which is 8 days after I ordered. If that's accurate then I'm a little annoyed, why would there be 8 days between ordering and creating a shipment label?

• AND it only says "pre-shipment, awaiting item"...damn I hope that's not right. It's been a week and a half now.

• Loud's staff got covid and they are recovering.

• @Limonene and here I thought weed prevents COVID or something? Lol! I hope they're recovering well.

• not only do i have informed delivery but my fiance is a mailman so i just ask him to check before he leaves work lol but for me informed delivery is like 85-90% accurate, out of 10 packages 9 will show up on the website. its just how it is, its kinda broken/laggy in that way.

• Honestly, I wish they'd just do away with informed delivery. It's inaccurate enough that I stopped using it personally and field about 40 emails a day from people asking about packages that end up arriving unannounced. Far more useless than useful in my experience.

• @medboy good to know. Actually it's been useful for me just for regular mail. I sometimes don't receive the mail I'm supposed to, and now I can track what I'm supposed to get vs. what actually arrives.
    But the packages part does seem kind of useless.

• @kmoles i'm waiting on a label from the 13th to pop up. Should be soon going by your label. My Informed delivery is about 90% accurate from MM. Holidays always make it mess up. Cannabis is a lot of things, but protection from covid an't one of them.

• @Limonene yeah that was a joke, probably a bad one. I don't think cannabis really cures or prevents anything, just treats symptoms of some things...

Mine has been updated that it has "arrived at origin facility" last night and estimated to be delivered next Monday. Hopefully it arrives sooner than that because otherwise what is the point of priority mail??

Honestly even if this is accurate I don't know that I'll use it again for this in the future because it's just stressful seeing how slowly it moves through USPS. I know the shippers and postal workers are doing their best anyway. Godspeed to ya.

• @kmoles I tend to only watch informed delivery when I'm low on smoke or gotta special order on the way...waiting is always easier when you stoned.

• @kmoles most post workers dont really do their best lol, they're constantly walking slowly to waste time to do less work. i mean the past 2 days my fiance had to go in an hour early to work, so like 6 instead of 7 and it was to do CLERK WORK and guess what? they didn't even do that, he said they all just waited and did nothing! plus mailmen shouldn't be doing clerk work, thats what they have clerks for but its the post office, its a fucking mess in there. the bad workers dont get fired really either, not unless its physical violence anyways so you have people who have been out of work for months and they get paid while someone else does their work for them and they aren't even injured or sick anymore, they just dont wanna do work but still wanna be paid.

• Almost been a week since i ordered and not even a label and thats usually very odd

• @Parasiteve that's interesting. I feel like that's what happens when a place doesn't have enough resources or staffing? I love MM's service but it does suck having your meds be on the whim of the post office. I ran out a week ago and my depression is through the roof. I do meditation and exercising and even antidepressants and stuff like that but the only thing that really helps during a tough time is a good sativa!

• @kmoles yes it is a drag to have to rely on the usps for delivery because of the time factor but they do come through. Its a much better deal to wait a little extra time to get your meds than getting scammed by a "private" delivery service that threatens to open your package if you dont pay extra. Just sayin...There are some pretty scummy people out there. Hang in there.

• So sorry to hear Loud staff got COVID, hope it's all mild and y'all recover soon!

• Sorry to hear folks there got Covid- I’m patient as long as I know things are going smoothly or that something’s in hopper. It’s the not knowing anything that makes me crazy- not the waiting..

Informed delivery is a double edged sword.
    Sometimes it works- sometimes not-
    It stresses me to no end - - IF- I go to it all the time for no reason- obsessing-worried -projecting negative outcomes - actually it’s very “addict-like behavior”- but that’s just me. Ho ho..

I can’t control the mail through osmosis- and I’ve tried- So when I sign up for the ID texts- I REALLY TRY TO FORGET ABOUT IT- and treat it like any other package in route.- I don’t sit and wait for updates on the socks I order….
    Still…..It’s always in back of mind.

This month i ordered the 19th- got a label created notice on the 21st- and it’s the 24th and I’ve gotten no further notice-out it until it comes-and it always does-

But if I see a label created at least i know it’s in the system and knowing the tracking info on label helps if i message medboy if it’s not here in two weeks. It’s happened once or twice in 4 years- and medboy reshipped.
    They do always deliver - we must be patient.
    If there’s a problem- it’s usually cause the local mail carrier screwed up - them
    More hassles

That said- waiting a week for this service sure
    Beats “waiting on the man”- in some bad hood - tho now it’s “Waiting on the mail” - lol -
    Lou Reed would love it-
    “I’m…. waiting on my MAIL- “
    Doesn’t have same ring-does it?
    Oh well, times change-
    Peace out

• @jaywire "This month i ordered the 19th- got a label created notice on the 21st- and it’s the 24th and I’ve gotten no further notice"

Same. Hoping it's just ID and the package isn't just sitting in the hub.

• This most recent pk that was a redo ended up on point from beginning to end and record time I do believe so thoroughly pleased and grateful for the team and everything they do props @medboy appreciate ya big time

• I too ordered on the 19th @ 0420. Nothing…

• I ordered on the 17th label was made on the 20th and then nothing it's just sitting in preshipment.

• Do not worry friends, sometimes the post office does not scan the label as it travels to your destination. So in retrospect it can go from preship to your mailbox and not update at all. Not saying this is your case, but it has happened many times to me and others here. Good luck!

• Thanks for helping to make us feel better. I have some sketchy neighbors and I don’t trust them. That’s why I used the USPS system. When I knew it was coming - I would stand watch 😂. You wouldn’t believe their history. And I live in a pretty nice subdivision but these folks are very unpredictable. “And if I snooze I loose.”

• Mine has finally updated 😊I guess the mail service in the northeast corner of the country is terribly backed up.

• Yep mine finally updated too. For some reason this is the second order in a row that is taking over a week to get to me. I had heard people getting theirs in three to four days. But I guess 10-12 days will be the norm now. Fucking awesome. 🙄

• So happy!!!!Mine is at the local post office. Showed up this am. It only took a week. I should never doubt MM again. My tolerance is at an all time low so it’s good I took a break. MedMan always delivers for sure

• @panevill1173 That's great!! Enjoy! MM always delivers 👍🏼

Fingers crossed mine will show up today