Cannabutter & Instant Pot

Anyone have experience making cannabutter? I like the idea of using an Instant Pot, I've always wanted one. After making butter I can then make ribs or pulled pork.

Comments

• Yea they do an ok job my wife has made butter with hers before turned out pretty good!

• I’ve used a regular crock pot, need to watch steeping times or you’ll get lots of chlorophyll green flavor that’s near impossible to remove once infused.

• Yes I do. Oven Decarb first 240F for 60 minutes in a mason jar with aluminum foil as lid. Then add ghee or butter to that mason jar and put in a slow cooker at 190 for 3-4 hours. Strain through cheesecloth (or use a square of cheesecloth in an aeropress). Bickity bam!

Overtime low return:
    After aeropress you can get more.out of puppy using boiling water and the freezer after straining again etc.

• @MikeyC what ratio of butter to dry herb do you use for that? If I wanted to throw a1/8 of some older flower in a jar and make this how much butter should I use?

• 3500 mg x 20% (assumed THC) × 80% efficieny = 560 mg

Look into a recipe that uses enough butter that you want to infuse that can be split so that 560 mg equals your piece size. For me 16 brownies at 35 mg per piece are fine. 8 at 70 mg etc.

• Sweet. Thanks for that breakdown bud. Going to make a batch of brownies for the 420 weekend this month. Or maybe some rice krispy treats

• Yep, also making 420 brownies. @MikeyC have you used the same time and temp for vegetable oil?

• Vegetable oil I'd probably do 180 degrees.

Since I use a water bath in a slow cooker depending on the setting I can do butter higher at 190-200 safely. Depends on your slow cooker settings.

• @MikeyC and Fallguy Thanks for your input. Can't decarb in the house, or smoke and won't be baking any cookies, can't be smelling the house up. That's why I want to use an Instant Pot. 40min under pressure decarb and then 40 to 45 min under pressure to infuse butter, oil or MCT. The site below has a huge amount of info. Thought about the Magically Butter machine but the Instant Pot is cheaper and I can make falling of the bone BBQ Ribs in 40 mins or so. https://emilykylenutrition.com/instant-pot-cannabutter-or-oil/

• edited April 2022

I would say with a water bath and a mason jar I can decarb smell free in my house. There's also turkey bags to keep smells in when decarbing