CBD Flower: Uses and Notes for Mixing with THC Flower

Does anyone else have any interest in sharing info on CBD flower? Apparently it's a niche community, people who like to mix CBD and THC throughout the day. (We are not allowed to participate in CBD flower discussions on Reddit, for example.) Hopefully this doesn't violate any rules of this forum. I've reviewed Healer and Orange Harle-tsu, from MedMama, here (https://medicinemanonline.com/discussion/689/healer/p1) and here (https://medicinemanonline.com/discussion/717/orange-harle-tsu/p1).

At night, I leave the CBD out of my mix. I'm not a purist. I start the day with low-impact THC buds mixed with CBD flower; these are usually weaker, fruity strains like Peaches or Forbidden Fruit. By noon I'm using stronger hybrid strains (think "Cookies") also mixed with CBD buds. Finally, I'll end my day with my strongest stuff. I'm more of an alchemist than a purist.

Combination of the day: Suver Haze + Super Lemon Haze = Perfection. I like that combination better than Super Lemon Haze by itself, at least in the light of day.

Vendors: Southern Charm and Berkshire CBD have very cute packaging: suitable for gifts. Their products would fit right in on dispensary shelves. For buying larger quantities, Cascadia Blooms and Revel Valley seem to be the way to go.

Seems like this is a very competitive market. If you buy product, you might be besieged with requests for review-writing. You will also get lots of discount offers. Unlike this site, you can use a credit card.

The buds all look about the same to me; there's very little to distinguish them, visually. So for me, the experience is all about getting the right CBD flower paired with the right "other" herb. In this respect, terpenes have a lot to say about it and my opinion right now is that Cascadia Bloom's has the best product, overall. Their Suver Haze has a really good synergy with...just about everything.

Comments

• Thanks georgetirebiter, that makes great sense! I use CBD in a variety of forms, mostly for arthritis pain, but I've never smoked it. I bet it might help with anxiety...and it would certainly extend our THC resources. I just ordered a 1/2 of the Suver Haze and a 1/2 of the Kush Hemp from Cascadia Blooms. Thanks again!

• I think you will like these!

• edited April 2020

I’ve read that CBG and THCV are both beneficial to sleep.. never actually experimented with high cbg/thcv levels though so I couldn’t tell you! I know CBD in large amounts will give you a Stoney feeling. Being from Texas if I’m in a bind trying to get good bud(which is never now thanks to MM MB MM) I will go into a cbd store and get the strongest stuff they sale and smoke every last crumb.

• Are those sites similar to this onenin shipping everywhere or only to certain locations?

• Jdtokes,

They ship via USPS. So they ship everywhere. They put the lab testing data in the package and include a letter to law enforcement stating that "this isn't illegal," basically. The whole experience is kind of mind-blowing: Why don't people start mailing out high-THC bud, claiming it's CBD? @agingboomerfl alluded to this earlier, on a different thread. And others attest to CBD weed from head shops being somewhat psychoactive.

I can see why prohibitionists are so afraid of hemp, now. Once you open that door, you can't close it. At the end of the day, they're just flowers, aren't they?

In other news, I tried "White" by Tweedle Farms last night, based on Fastguy199's info (thanks! by the way). It's the one sample I bought that had CBG, a third cannabinoid of interest. Mixed it with Fifth Element and both myself and my girlfriend slept very well. I felt like a calm pond before I drifted off to sleep. Very nice.

• Word to the wise - Cultivaid 'CBD" shatter and Oasis Farms (Nevada) "CBD" flower strains

• @georgetirebiter awesome to hear... I’m going to have to go grab myself some cbg flower today!! I will keep an eye out for white! Down here in Texas the “big” thing is sour space candy. You can walk into any American shaman or cbd wellness center and they will have that strain for days. And I’m not a huge fan..tastes like grass to me lol

• According to their webpage, Cascadia Blooms does not ship to Idaho or South Dakota. Interesting. I'll look into the CBG. Thanks!

• My state's trying their damnedest to get the smokable CBD flower banned because the cops can't tell the difference, lol. I tried it awhile back and I've gotta say, I wasn't impressed. Zero psychoactive effects and tasted like burning hay. Absolutely destroyed my throat, and I'm a bong smoker so I should have a callus back there by now, lol. The physical effects were there the first couple of times (made my muscles turn to jelly the first time, could barely walk) but then slid off to the point where I felt absolutely nothing after only a few days. I think the strains were Suver Haze and Cherry....something. Couldn't tell the difference between them tbh. Maybe our stuff just sucks but I'll stick to the real thing.

Oh, and those CBD dispensaries have been robbed a few times, and they only ever take the flower. Another reason I don't trust local dealers, lol.

• I'm a big Cbd/Thc person. As I've gotten older, I'm super sensitive to Thc for some reason so I try to always use the Thc:Cbd strains and Edibles. I just wish there were more products to choose from, but very, very grateful to MM and all his shippers for providing this GREAT service! I don't ever expect Louisiana to ever legalize! Not ever gonna happen, but that's fine cause I'd much rather order here for everything! 2 year customer here with ZERO complaints! Many thanks and much peace from the Bayou Cajun state. 🇺🇲

• @agingboomerfl: I tried your recommended Oasis Farms...they have nice flowers; however, they do not ship to Ohio. That's weird because five other companies have shipped to me. Too bad, I like their product.

• In the interest of further tests, had about .5 gm of two OASIS CBD strains yesterday; hawaiian haze and mango pineapple (harvested in early March 2020) and was surprisingly baked for 3-4 hours without any other cannabis assistance. Would estimate the THC content at ~ 7% + regardless of their reported lab results. Moreover, the smoke was NOT harsh at all .... look and taste just like the parent strains and have the same sativa effects albeit lessened - just smoke more flower - say 1 gram ... Their sour diesel is also amazing. My experience with these strains is consistent based on 10+ sessions .... You might be able to find some of these strains at your local head shop. Cultivaid products are just as good; however, their website now indicates they are out of stock and perhaps out of business.... Stick only with these two cbd brands ...

• I placed an order with Oasis, which does not deliver to my state, using my zip code (but with Alabama selected as a state). Small test order. They have very inexpensive samplers. Hopefully the USPS delivers for me!

• I just received my CBD Suver Haze and Kush along with a couple samples of Merlot from CB. Decided to try a straight bowl of the Suver Haze. I'm definitely not high, but there is absolutely a very pleasant and relaxing light "stoniness" without any sedation. I'm pleasantly surprised and am eager to try to the Kush and Merlot (both indicas) and to do some CBD/THC strain blends. Thanks geogetirebiter! Solid recommendations!

• Good to hear!

• I received an order of CBD flower from Oasis Farms. They sell Oregon product, I learned today, from Nevada. First company I've met that includes a dryer sheet in the package, in addition to an array of legal documents (a lot of legal documents, including a letter from the OR head of agriculture to Sonny Perdue, the US Secretary of Agriculture) and other documents, including testing information, in addition to the buds I ordered! (No stickers, though...). My office smells like fresh clothes.

The speed with which I received all this is astonishing: Two days. And my postage information was purposefully wrong! (I had substituted "AL" for "OH" because Oasis's website will not allow you to choose Ohio as a shipping option.) Today's package had been addressed from "Corporate Headquarters" in NV and included no trace of my "AL"; so someone must have corrected the info during processing. Shipping was $10, about double what it costs anywhere else. That said, they offer a lot of 1g samples, for cheap (no one else offers $5 samples), in addition to orders by the pound; I suspect their decision makes sense for them.

For about $35 I got "Sour Diesel," "Purple Punch," "Otto," and a CBG strain, "Jack Frost." The strains came in three 1g vials and one 3.5 g jar (I am most familiar with Purple Punch, which I love, so I got an eighth of it) and looked very much like dispensary products in my state. Each container had a manufacture date (April 13, 2020...that's Monday, right?) and expiration date, a license number, total cannabinoid %s..my point here is that it does not look like stuff you'd buy at a head shop.

I opened the Sour Diesel first. There were two large buds and they looked better than MedMama's recent Sour Diesel. By a lot. The aroma, too, was stronger than I expected.
    I smoked one of the buds in a joint and found the taste very enjoyable. It's got that fuel taste, even inspired a bowel movement. Good sign! I felt no "high," though, at least not initially. That said, as I've been writing this review it has been creeping up on me. I'll probably smoke some of my "real" cannabis in a little bit, but I'm quite content. The feeling reminds me of smoking Harle-tsu by itself, when I first bought it. The quality of the Sour Diesel from Oasis was as good or better, in my opinion. Almost certainly, the Oasis product was fresher, regardless of whether you believe it was placed in packaging as recently as Monday or not.

In conclusion, thanks @agingboomerfl for the recommendation. I will still use Tweedle Farms, Cascadia Blooms, and Revel Valley for their CBD buds, but Oasis Farms is another valuable vendor with some unique and valuable, quality products.

This has just confirmed to me the senselessness of using lab results to inform decisionmaking. If what I just smoked has less than 1% of its 25% total cannabinoids as THC, then why am I kind of stoned right now? Answer must be that the testing is wrong or applies to some other batch or, possibly, it's not all about the THC. Or some combination, perhaps?

• Another excellent review. Since receiving my CBD flower form Cascadia Blooms earlier in the week, I've smoked the Suver Haze, Kush, and Merlot by themselves, and I have definitely gotten somewhat high on all three. The lab results don't seem to make much sense unless there are other factors at work. But there's no denying that all three induced a light pleasant "stoniness." It's been interesting mixing the different CBD with different THC strains.

• I very much like the idea of smoking merlot, @TheProfessor. I'm an alcoholic (recovering) and my drink of choice was red wine. I only noticed they had a whole group of "wine" strains after I'd made my purchase! Next time...

• Tried the Oasis Farms "Otto" for my second toke of the day. As good as the Sour Diesel was, this stuff is terrible. Dry as dust. Smells and tastes like the cheap weed I'd buy in high school...and be mighty disappointed with. While the cure on the Sour Diesel was on the dry side, but still in the normal range, this stuff crumbled in my fingers. Pass hard on this strain.

• The Merlot from CB is outstanding! Very sweet and tasty! They packaged a sample with each of the other two strains. It's definitely a strain I'd buy. They also list a Bordeaux and a Cherry Wine.

• George - Thanks for the informative review regarding Oasis strains. My experience with the Sour Diesel was wonderful too. Never had the Otto strain. I have had 3 strains from Oasis; Sour Diesel, Hawaiian Haze, and Mango Pineapple. All 3 were surprisingly good - I always mix the 3 strains together; The hawaiian haze is my favorite; love any and all Island Sativa strains - never pay attention to the lab results - the test results are based on selective samples submitted for testing by the producer. In the interest of further tests, packed a large .75 gram bowl with Mango Pineapple base , Hawaiian Haze on top, and a large Golden Ticket "CBD" shatter chip from Cultivaid. To make a long story short - I could only finish 3/4 of the bowl despite repeated attempts to finish it.... The soaring sativa creeper high produced was very intense for 4.5 hours!!! and far exceeded my expectations... You know you are baked when you think the clock indicates it's 1:15 PM and it's really 4:15 PM!!!! I'm still noticeably high as I'm writing this and its 9:00 PM - the extended length is due to the 81% Cannabinoids in the Cultivaid shatter ... Obtained my buds / shatter from a local head shop - Try the Cultivaid products if you can find them... THC % is important but so are the other cannabis terpenes/ compounds!!! Let me know how you like their Jack Frost strain...

• Can also recommend the Cultivaid Hemp Nectar Live Resin – 1 gram. Wonderful high used a safety pin to transfer to flower - quite strong too - You will tap out after several hits - guess i liked it because it was gone after about a month - Prefer the Cultivaid shatter because it is easier to work with...

• CBD/CBG Flower Updates

Tried a new vendor: Everything from Southern Charm, out of Memphis, TN is...outstanding. It's different from the Pacific Northwest vendors (Revel Valley, Cascadia Blooms, Tweedle), which seem to favor outdoor and greenhouse-grown options. Southern Charm has (or sources from) indoor operations and their product has a highly curated, trimmed look. The Elektra and Hawaiian Haze would be right at home as poster children for these buds.

Another vendor recommendation: Happy Budz has weekly $8 eighths. Predictably excellent products.

As to the new MedMama selections, the interesting one to me is Super Silver Haze. You can't get it at "legal" CBD shops online, or at least I've not seen it (and I would have). People are going nuts on legal CBD hemp flower subreddits for strains like that--the ones with 6-8% THC that "accidentally" get put on sale. Harle-tsu and Healer were like that, too--1:1 THC/CBD ratios. Oddly, it's 1:1 strains like these that are rare. They're stuck in a marketing and legal dead zone.

• edited May 2020

I actually like cbd flower. Been messing with it the past few months. It will not get you high. But it does have effects. Generally after smoking you feel more relaxed like you had a shot or 2. It makes my joints feel more fluid the next day and cuts out some aches. I also mix it with regular bud 25 percent to 50 to stretch it out and add the accessory cannabinoids that have been bred out of todays strains. Adds something that makes the high better. Entourage Effect maybe. Idk. Would not smoke it by itself most times. But it is a great add in to a bowl.

• @SpongePail, I have a similar practice and philosophy.

It's nice to be able to roll and smoke joints freely...really stretches out the flowers.

• @georgetirebiter I meant to ask this before, but is the packaging similar to shippers here? Does the return address for the business a dispensary or how does it show on the packaging? Also, is it vacuum packaged to eliminate smell? Or is there a particular location that ships this way? Just want to be sure because the town I live in is kind of snoody and might go overboard even if it's CBD. Thanks

• Packaging varies but it's stealthy. Happy Budz Hemp has "HBH" as the return address. It's discreet. The product is vacuum-sealed and odorless, much like Medicineman. There are also printed letters to Law Enforcement and lab results to prove that the shipment is legal hemp.

• @georgetirebiter Awesome, thank you. The peace of mind value of the packaging is worth as much to me as the product lol.

• I've been enjoying my Suver Haze CBD strain today. Really helps with my anxiety and actually provides just a little "high" with only .15% THC. After reading OH's new CBD laws from 2019, it should be legal as its less than .3% THC.