Loud's Purple Haze

Did anyone else try the recent Purple Haze?

I've never had it before but I normally like everything Haze-related. I'm enjoying it this afternoon for the first time.

I must say it's not what I expected. I'm enjoying the best body high right now; it's not cerebral at all. The opposite.

The taste is like candy. Grape sweet tarts. Now, I realize that taste can vary from person to person, but I read the following on Wikileaf's Purple Haze entry: "Notably, despite its purple coloring, this strain has no discernible grape flavors..." Hmmm...Not only is this the "grapest" thing I've ever smoked, but it's not purple...

I'm confused, basically. Happily confused, though...

Comments

• TacTac
    edited April 2020

Chem dog from loud is some of the most wicked iv had in a long time straight up 🔥

• The smell is gas and skunk very strong. High last 2 hrs on a one hitter

• I'm thinking the "Purple Haze" is actually mislabeled "Space Candy." It's sweet and tart, grape or cherry. Reminds me of a Pez dispenser. At the time, Space Candy was on the menu, along with Chem Dawg, Dolato, and some others.

• edited April 2020

Space Candy is freaking 🔥 so I would be happy with that possible mistake. There is no purple in it at all. It's mostly white with tiny orange hairs.

But I do like Mothers Milk OG a little better.

• @Sixwaychili, Your description is consistent with what I've got. Could be something else, still, but it doesn't seem to be Purple Haze. It compares very well with Mother's Milk in its effects. I wanted to try Purple Haze in memory of Jimi, but I'm not disappointed with this product at all.

• I got XJ-13 in my Sour Tangie 14g..quite a bit. I'm 99.999% sure. Guess that happens when they get low.

• Purple Haze . Am from the deep South just had some purple haze come around my area about 3 months ago it was straight from cal- with the medical sticker still on cantainer. It was green with no purples had a very strong sweet earthy berry aroma . It was good strong thc label from desp- said 18 percent thc . Send me straight to the moon not the best iv had still a good strong sativa strain mm quality as been better .

• Interesting. Thanks MizterNiceGuy, Tac, and all those who participated.

I would hate to think they would switch labels when they "get low." Certainly could have happened, though.

• edited April 2020

I know you've had both Sour T and XJ @georgetirebiter . Sour T has red-orange pistils with more of dark green tint throughout and sweet Tangie candy smell. XJ-13 didn't have such a "hairy" profile and the buds are very light green with notes of dark green here and there with more of an earthy smell.
    XJ buds were loose while Sour Tangie was definitely a "tighter" bud.

I still love the MED family.

• @MizterNiceGuy I finished my Sour Tangie but still have my XJ-13. Haven't smoked it by itself for a little while. The floral smell jumps out of the jar more than anything. The buds are leafy, not dense...very sativa-looking.

• What's in a name? I opened an envelope this morning and found my Space Candy order from awhile back. Burned a joint. Holy wow! It has a very complicated floral taste and looks very, very similar to the "Purple Haze" I opened yesterday...I'm so sure that these two strains were switched/mislabeled that I'm going to switch the labels on my Mason jars. Also: The effects are completely different. This conforms to sativa stereotypes (and more!).

• Maybe it was a mislabeling issue. Must've been all the rushing. Hoping things go back to normal-ish soon.

• They look very nearly identical. Fine, fine specimens. They frost my grinder, turning it white. The taste and effects--night and day. I am very happy with the purchases--just glad I bought them both for comparison, when I did.

Of course, I might be completely wrong, too. I do smoke an awful lot of this stuff...

• If no harm, no foul.