Snoopy neighbors

I live in a State where even medical weed is not legalized (southeast coast state) and since I got my first order of keif and sample bud I have been smoking it in my house. The other day I was feeling boxed in so i decided to smoke one just outside my house backyard door. I can only imagine how much it must have danked like weed if you are walking by ( my neighboorhood is that type of neighboorhood where rich house wives walk their dogs mid afternoon and gossip to each other). Long story short Ive noticed a lot more people walking by my house now and its as if they are lurking around trying to see where the smell came from. I rolled a fat j of both keif, cbd and bud. It must have dannnnked like a mofo because based off the activity on my street I have a feeling the neighbors got their noses in the air sniffing for the exact spot the smell came from. Do any of you have any advice? I came from a country that has already legalized weed federally and I got too used to smoking anywhere to just sit in the house and smoke alone. Do you think I should continue to smoke in my backyard or not? Can the cops just bust down my door based off smell alone?

Comments

• Damn sounds like you live with a bunch of Karens in your neighborhood. The cops can. But will they. Depends on state and city and police. I live in a no rec state med only tinctures. But my city has decrimed under a half ounce. Seen police walk right by people smoking. Was told by a captain that unless you got a backpack full and are dealing they wont even come out for the call if its reported someone is just smoking.

• @maryjanelover11 Thats a bummer! I used to live in California and well, is totally okay there. Then I moved to Texas and oh boy, I have the same issue as you although I know some folks who spoke around here. What I do is I use a vaporizer for my herb and if I want to smoke out of a bong, joint or pipe then I create my own hello neighboor like thing so camouflage the smell. It sucks! I do love to smoke out of my vaporizer because it has a water bubbler that I attach to it and it is awesome big clouds and minimal smell. But that sucks!

• @SpongePail LMFAO! its funny that you say that. This is Karen heaven. Its all karens walking their poodles/dogs around gossiping. The first week I was here so many karens came to my door to see who the new owner is. At one point I was sitting in my car in the driveway and 2 karens walked by and one of them says " oh so that's where the house that car is from"... dude I drove around the block one time just to observe and they already had seen my car and made note of it. Every street in the complex has a neighborhood watch sign. Karens are walking around strutting their might. Smoking indoors all the time gets me down I like smoking in the backyard.

• @mpou10 lol going from cali to texas must be a huge change. I was thinking of making a spoof but I havnt used that since the highscool days i see no point in spoofin gthe outdoor smell lol I guess karens going to have to get used to the contact buzz hahahah

• Ha ha a spoof. We called em a filter. Toilet paper tube stuffed with dryer sheets to exhale through. Snuggle fresh.

• Anybody ever tried Smoke Buddy? They said them on eBay for 15 bucks or so. They work pretty well I got to say and are perfect for trips or hotel rooms or cramped spaces.

• Smoke Buddy work perfectly. So does a sploof. I smoke in the house and would be kicked out if found out. One hit in a Mason jar pipe I made and then blow into Buddy or sploof. As a caution the sploof you will see much smoke, with Buddy you won't.

• Not sure your exact situation, but I’m a garage smoker. No one notices especially at night. I love when I’m taking a walk and I catch a whiff of herb!

• I live in a backwoods southern state as well. Probably one of the states that will be last to legalize medical or recreational. Honestly the cops here would laugh if someone complained of only the smell of weed. I’m usually a very anxious person but even this does not bother me. I think if you were driving or in public it would be an issue but certainly not occasionally outside at your own home. Just smoke a fatty and chill. It’s all good

• In Florida we stand our ground. I dont care what someone thinks they smell. I live in an HOA. That means we have professional Karens and Beckys and the bitch that wants to speak to your manager. They can eat a turd.

• I don't have nearby neighbors (I live out in the country) but I do have a couple of friends that have figured out when I place my orders and show up around that same time. I let them help me with the yard work and general helping around the place, so it's all good.

As for your situation, you might want to be a little more discrete. There is nothing more bothersome than a nosy woman with too much time on her hands.

• A spoof, moth balls and manure. Also put fucking red pepper down on your property and the dogs will stay the fuck away

• I wouldn't put it past people to call the cops on you. So, just try to be discreet. Obviously you can't do much about the smell.

• We have nosy neighbors, too, and live in Mayberry, USA. I've been smoking cannabis in palm leaf wraps to make it look like cigars when I go on dog walks.

This fools no one and probably is a bad idea. But my dog is such an asshole that people don't need a reason to avoid us.

I also believe that our local police would rather do just about anything than confront anyone about anything. They don't even give speeding tickets. I love it here. But I realize it could go very badly under a different scenario.

I've set up my office with one small and one large air filter. They cost about $40 and $80, respectively. They are on opposite sides of the office. I chain smoke herb all day there. Two kids and non-smoking girlfriend. When a joint is resting, I put it in an ashtray by the small filter. Not sure if such a setup is feasible for you to smoke indoors?

• I've always wondered if it smells outside in our quiet little suburb. We generally just smoke in front of the gas fireplace and out it goes. The wife has a couple diffusers in the house that also help. I generally have too many virtual meetings to risk smoking all day....but come evening!!

• You might consider switching to vapes. Not quite as much fun but better for your lungs and does not put out a telltale spell.

• I love the pax2 with budkups and a half pack lid. Totally economical and hence why I ask for gram sampler... Bud last 3 times longer!

• I personally don’t enjoy using them but I have both sizes of the smoke buddy and they work Perfectly. no smell comes out. None. The larger one has an easier resistance to it, meaning u don’t have to push the smoke out through it. But they both really work well.

• I appreciate the responses. Ive decided its a good idea to just smoke inside for now. Btw i got both 2nd and 3rd order on Monday. Both fire. The OG Small, wedding cake and California Orange. Seriously high level stuff the growers are amazing.