Donkey Butter

edited June 2020 in Product Reviews

I received this as part of my MedMama bud sampler today..was definitely eager to check it out..overall it reminds me of the lemon tree medmama offered a while back (excellent btw! would love to see that come back around)..not nearly as loud aroma wise but smells subtle of piney lemon funk..very pleasant

bud appearance nice little dark dense nugs embedded with a kief that has a mustard tint to it..for an outdoor product I wish I had of ordered more..these samplers are nice, but with the delays the products are gone before you receive the sample..hope this returns too!

As far as high I understand the name..kicks like a donkey and burns smooth and buttery..I found it to be very tasty in my Pax 3..another reason I also loved lemon tree so much..dry vaping taste amazing..this also had a creeping effect that hit about 30 min-1hr later..I was like woah where did that come from..anyone else experience that?

Overall- 4.75/5

Excellent quality/price for outdoor!

Comments

• If I'd known it had any similarity to Lemon Tree, I would have hit "buy." As it went, the stuff lasted about half a day! Thanks for the report @superman38NC; I'll know what to do next time.

• Donkey Butter is such a weird name though..

• Pretty much why I dismissed it!

• edited June 2020

Lol I honestly laughed when I first saw it..did a little research and what I found was very positive. This strain is a hard one to really pinpoint aroma..almost has a musky hint to it alongside the subtle piney lemon

• @georgetirebiter . I haven't tried x coins yet have you had anyproblems with them very similar to coinmama

• Hopefully when the menu is updated i we'll be trying them out . Just would like to get ur thought first thanks

• @Tac, I used them once and will be using them again as soon as new strains come out. Works basically the same way as Coinmama.

• same here thank you for the info

• I was lucky enough to get some of this and it's absolutely fantastic! Slow build but that is really euphoric. Super relaxing without making it impossible to focus.

• Excellent review @superman38NC thank you

• This review convinced me to get it (assuming they had it in stock). Fingers crossed!

• @superman38NC
    June 5 edited June 5 in Product Reviews Flag
    I received this as part of my MedMama bud sampler today..

To give me an idea how long my first order will take, could I ask you what day you placed the order and what basic area you live?

• @superman38NC

There's a way to research strains to get a better idea of if we might like something or not?

• @georgetirebiter "As it went, the stuff lasted about half a day!"
    Sounds as though you smoke as much as me. How much was it that lasted half a day? :smiley:

• Thx @forthefew! @georgetirebiter i revisited this last night and was pleasantly surprised..definitely has a buttery undertone when vaped..different but I like it..

• @BuddyBoy from what I remember it took about 10 days to receive once ordered..in the past I could order over the weekend and receive end of following week..definitely usps backup among many other factors..

As far as a way to research I use several sites..Leafly, allbud, CT Weed Reviews..uptown growlab reviews, and so forth..

• When did Donkey Butter come back onto the menu? Seems like only yesterday. Anywho, it arrived today. Please don't ask for pics! Frankly, I'm not even really in a Donkey Butter zone...more of a Silver Haze zone. That didn't arrive, though, because it was subbed for Pure OG.

If you were looking forward to Silver Haze Indoor Smalls at the discount price...start thinking other options. I'm happy with the Pure, it's just not in the cards this afternoon.

• @georgetirebiter Think I put Silver haze down as well. Along with BubbaKush. 1/2 and 1/2. I hope I get the Bubba at least. If I get Tropicana, SD, Artic, or Orange Soda that would be interesting as well.

• @georgetirebiter was it this week's Donkey Butter that just arrived? If so, wow! It popped up on the menu Tuesday night 6/9? I ordered that night, but wasn't expecting it until Monday. Maybe it'll show tomorrow.

• Mine showed yesterday @TheProfessor.

This stuff is really nice. I love the unique taste. I tasted all sorts of things in there, including cinnamon. The name made my girlfriend laugh. It's a good relaxing buzz. It's the kind of herb I'll want on my shelf permanently. Could not have bought too much of the stuff. Highly recommended.

• @georgetirebiter that likely means good news for us today! Was intrigued by the name too and the online reviews were exactly what I look for. MM did not disappoint. Got a z the last time (couple weeks ago) and was so impressed, ordered another 2 when it popped up Tuesday. It’s my new “Goldilocks” strain...just right!

• Yep. I get to the Goldilocks zone during daytime hours by mixing strains like this with good Oregon CBD bud (and now also from Vermont...Goat Ridge Hemp is badass, so is 8 Horses, but I digress). This strain in particular is good for mixing. Its potency and flavor don't get lost.

• @georgetirebiter where do you get your Oregon cbd bud? I was looking at medhemporium and cascadia which both appear to be out of Medford.

• I like Cascadia a lot. Revel Valley also good. I want to recommend Tweedle, but some of their strains have been a miss for a lot of people (more like average than "not good"...Tweedle is an OG of the industry with great customer service. I buy their "White" strain and love it. All respect to Tweedle, but it's second or third to me now.)

Another gem is Southern Charm, out of Memphis, I believe. Top shelf all the way, glass jars. A little more expensive. For getting one's feet wet, I recommend Happy Budz; the quality is indistinguishable (for all but nerds) and they feature a weekly "$8 eighths" special which is...like it sounds... Ridiculous in a good way.

• edited June 2020

@georgetirebiter You said Southern Charm out of memphis??? You ever need some I can get it real fast without ordering online. Plenty of retailers in memphis carry them. I like the Sour Space Candy and Lifter. The Suver Haze is looking good too. Although their stuff ranges 10-15% and you can easily find 22%+ around here from other companies.

• Thanks @georgetirebiter I'll look at those places too. I have been thinking about trying some cbd flower for in between sessions or for mixing as you said. Does cbd flower have the same taste as regular cannabis pretty much?

• @georgetirebiter i haven’t mixed the Donkey Butter with CBD yet (it’s pretty amazing as is). I still have some Suver Haze, Kush, and Merlot from CB and will try that...sounds awesome. I smoked a lot of the CBD by itself to get me through the end of the year, but now it’s summer...sort of. What a Godsend!

• edited June 2020

@nefgreen, the terpenes are much subtler. The ones I like are the really light ones that have a chamomile aroma and their polar opposites--the funky purple abacus, which makes me want to listen to Mardi Gras music and wear a headdress. (By that I mean it feels like the hemp that Native Americans might have smoked, based on no historical knowledge whatsoever...)

@TheProfessor , with the wrong strain, mixing becomes counterproductive. That said, Donkey Butter on its own at 8 a.m. when you're trying to make a writing deadline and haven't slept lately...well, I've heard that's been a problem for some people...so I mix it with something like a "white"...doesn't get in the way of the taste and doesn't result in copy that I have to kill when I read it the next day!

• Second batch. Was lucky enough to get in on the second round of Donkey Butter that popped up on 6/9. Received my 2z Saturday, but didn’t break into the vacuum seal until last night. All Smalls! No problem, though. Same price, same taste, same effects! Really stoney and relaxing high, while still being very functional. We love this stuff!