Is this true? (USPS)

Is it true that if USPS suspects a suspicious package, they send cops to dress up as postal people and deliver it than arrest you?

Comments

• They need a warrant to search your package.

• The postal service has its own police force. But yes they will. Thats why medman ships as they do. You never have to sign. If a postman pops up with your package asking to sign. Do not. Repeat do not. Once you do you acknowledge reciept of and that you also ordered it. Refuse and thats it. You are not responsible for what someone mails you. But if you claim responsibility by singing then its your funeral so to speak.

• @jty2873 WTF is postal people??LMAO...sorry im high while reading this

• A friend of mine tried to get weed shipped to him through the mail with no vacuum seal etc, and he got caught. The local cops knocked on his door and asked him about it, which he denied the whole thing. Then the cops went away and nothing happened to him. They couldn't arrest him because it's not their jurisdiction. Shipping drugs through the mail is a federal crime, so the DEA/FBI would have to be notified in order to make an arrest and something tells me those guys have bigger fish to fry than a 20 year old kid shipping a zip of bud through the mail.

• I know of someone that was shipped a small package that also contained a vape cart. There was no tracking on it, and it never made it to its destination.

• I know a guy that's never had a problem with shipping or receiving anything ever because he has common sense or what cookie monster calls nom nom nom cookies! Why are you so paranoid noid noid...

• Hang on....do you mean this is illegal?

• I went to co. And sent myself something. Got caught by the postal service. Got a call. They SAY they threw it out. Somebody smoked it.

• Dude the USPS is not cops. Neither them or the cops have any authority to touch your package in that way. Only the DEA/FBI or federal officers can do anything, like stabsnipers said. That being said they will most likely just throw it out. to go through the court trial and whole process over the amounts we are ordering would be too much work with no rewards for them. They are after the big dogs that sling coke and guns and other drugs. Weed should be legal soon. Give it a few years

• @SpongePail ive always wondered about the "once you sign" thing. I order alot of stuff online (other than bud) and will now and again have to sign for something. Often, I am not actually aware of which of my ordered packages I am signing for as they often come in bunches, I just sign and take in my mail as routine. So, once I sign am I responsible for what is in the packages no matter what? What if I order something (not illegal) and the sender, unbeknownst to me, actually sent something else (illegal)? Am I automatically on the hook even though that I have no idea what is ACTUALLY in the box?

• @NOLA504 as long as you deny everything you are fine. They cant prove shit. They cant prove that you are the one who ordered the illegal item to that address. Anyone who knows your name and address could sent it. A low tear lawyer would get it dismissed in court in minutes if it even ever went to court. Just deny deny deny.

• The Postal Inspectors are the bane of our existence ,invoke your rights and keep quiet if they start snooping .30

• The postal inspector is a real thing, and yes they're trying to intercept your package. I've never heard of them sending people to anyone's house though. That's not how they operate.

A couple of years ago, we had some packages intercepted. We since took corrective action and it hasn't happened since. The point is though, that we got to see what happens when a package does get intercepted. Instead of sending goons (minions?) with badges to your door, they do a very postal thing and send you a letter, informing you that they detected contraband in a package addressed to you and announcing their intention to destroy the package and its contents in 30 days if you don't claim it. And of course you don't claim it; you don't respond at all and then eventually the whole thing goes away.

• Just like customs greenie letters. Have gotten 2 of em in my life. Yeah you just dont claim it.

• Strongly agree with @medboy . A warrant is needed to enter the package for an unannounced customer. They must give you a warning and of course if you dont claim the package like medboy said. Just like a warrant is needed for intrusing on other private shit.

• I wonder if someone has ever attempted to claim a contraband package 😂😂😂

• @nefgreen LOL .. you know it has.. :lol:

• @nefgreen 😂😂😂😂😂