Things we used to smoke besides the Kind

edited October 2020 in General

Anyone here ever smoke a Beedi?

They are a type of tobacco product that originated in India. Imagine a cigarette and a joint hooked up and had a kid. They would call it Beedi. Or Bidi. They are the poor man's cigarette there. There is no high associated with a Beedi, unless you count the mega dose of nicotine they give out.

They look like a joint though. They are made with a leaf wrapper that is held closed by a colored bit of string. I preferred the red string kind, and I remember a green string and a blue one too. They are rougher than a Lucky Strike. Stouter than a Pall Mall too.

They still make them.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/high-Quality-501-beedis_62002239575.html

Good luck getting them in the US. They were outlawed in 2014.

Comments

• edited October 2020

I used to! That's awesome that they still make them.

• The worst were clove cigarettes.

• @Sixwaychili Haha! I used to smoke clove cigs too!

• @Sixwaychili I used to love clove cigarettes. I haven't seen them in ages though. Djarum or something like that was the brand. You'd lick your lips an hour later and still taste cloves lol.

• Never heard of the bidi but definitely had a clove or 2 lol, some snus from cross the pond someone used to bring me back

• The morning after smoking cloves was a rough one. They destroyed my lungs worse than Marlboro reds.

• Smoked a few bidis when younger. Did not know they were banned. About once a year or so will get a pack of djarnum menthol. The tobacco clove and menthol is warming on a cold night. Smoked real opium a few times. The only drug where i went yeah ok i can see this being addictive. Smoke cigs and a cigar once a blue moon.

• Yeah talking about a couch lock @SpongePail that opium just relaxes and rushes over, kinda glad rarely seen it lol

• I mean, if we're going to talk about other drugs, lol
    I've smoked crack, meth, and black tar heroin.
    Always wanted to try opium, but given the chance now I wouldn't just because of the addiction I've been through with all that shit.

As I'm typing I'm watching the weather channel
    Would yall believe Louisiana has another hurricane headed this way?!

• @Vapedad78 yeah opium is something of its own. Dont like pain pills. But opium. Have only had it 2x in my life. Both from a friend of a friend at gatherings. Real opium is the tits. Yeah glad its not around. I could see why people get hooked. First exhale of Opi is better than sex. That relaxing warm cozyness..

• @MigraineWarrior79 . Yep dodging another one. Begining to feel like neo from the matrix down here. Just keep dodging bullets. One got to hit. Movie baddies must be doing the aiming.

• Yeah I remember the first time had a "hint" of clove made me dizzy as hell and oh so cool. 😎

• I was a crystal meth addict when it was a trucker drug called crank. Snorted it and it burned like crazy. Got off it by smoking cannabis after sleeping for about a week straight.

• Another hurricane coming for us this sucks

• @Bayoubud87 I know, dude. Looks like it's projected to go into Morgan City.
    I'm hoping some wind shear shows up, and just chops it up like what happened earlier with Marco Polo

• Cloves or Nat Sherman's and gambling at Turning stone was college for me

• @MigraineWarrior79 I hope because I’m about a hour east of Morgan city so that would suck bad

• @MigraineWarrior79 and my order is still in preship from medmama I’m hoping this weather don’t mess up shipping progress on this end

• @Bayoubud87

I just got a preship from medmama on my split of royal kush & alien bubba, so I'm hoping this thing doesn't mess up our orders either! I'm not far from Morgan City at all either.

Too bad we (my guy & I) can't get together with you and your wifey for a hurricane party. Haha!

• @MigraineWarrior79 yea you right lol we staying in our apartment riding it out and I’m praying our orders don’t get affected by this thing

• @MigraineWarrior79 . Want to have that go viral. Make neo have a tag that says nola and have the bullets be storm names and viola internet fame 😂. Wish i could make memes. Just a phone no computer though.

• @SpongePail haha! I just snagged this off my dvd of the matrix. If my dude was home I'd have him do your request because he's so much better than I am at that!

• @MigraineWarrior79 med mama got og kush up

• How about hash? Real hash?

The second (and last) time I ever smoked hash was in '82 while visiting Beirut.

To watch a war in 3D while high as a kite is an experience I can not explain. ;-)