Ate Three Golden Teachers (1st time user)

I ordered and received a quarter of Golden Teachers a week or so ago and I received them here in the Arkansas 5 days after paying for my order.
I’m a recovering opiate head after nearly 40 years of abuse. I have been clean from opiates nearly 2 years. My experience with shrooms is limited to a time over 30 years ago yet I thought I had read enough that I would be fine. I am on an anti- depressant ( Celexa-SSRI) and remembering what I read I decided to taper down and I had not taken any SSRI’s in 2 days and then my care package showed up earlier than I expected. Being the addict that I am I could not even wait to get home one mile away. I ripped the package open, looked at them pretty little fellas and without even PONDERING I stuffed three in my mouth. I chewed slowly and I chewed them for a minute or so then I let them sit under my tongue like I do my Suboxone. My dog Honey gave me this very strange look that said,”Oh hell no!” and I thought of this later on. Looking at the shrooms I had left, it seemed that I probably ate around 3gr.
I swallowed them with no problem and headed home. 30 minutes later I knew something was up and I thought perhaps I took too much.
One hour later I was looking in the mirror at my face and it melted then morphed into a scull head. My thoughts were racing as conversations in my head were going wild. So I was tripping and all my senses were heightened and this was followed with nausea. I was not feeling good and vomited for the next six hours on and off. “ Damn, what did I do wrong? Am I too old to be taught?”

Was wondering if perhaps I should not have been alone, and maybe I ate too much and or I should have consumed them differently like in a tea or ground up and mixed with a liquid. Not sure how I should do the remainder as I want them to help my mind heal from opiate abuse. I also suffer from depression and was considering grinding up the remaining 4 grams and putting into empty capsules.
Not sure how prepared I should have been and I would much prefer not getting sick.
Anyway, the moon-rocks add-on came along and the white crystals made these buds fun to admire and smoke. Thank you Med-mamma for such superior customer service, lightening fast delivery, the amazing products I ordered as well as the gummy you gave me as a freebie. I apologize for the length of this post but if I had went into more detail I would still be pecking.

God blessings to all😊
Honey

Comments

• Yeah I think I’ll stay away from the shrooms considering how many people have reported nausea, given that I have a history of gi track issues

• I'm with @liarliar03 on this one my GI Track is nothing I should be messing with so I'm staying away from shrooms as well but I think I will stick with the bud.

• Shrooms usually make me sick to my stomach and it ruins my trip, so I stick to lsd. I’ve even tried tums before, etc. if you do it again and it’s a bad trip the celexa makes a good kill switch for the whole thing.

• One of the major rules with tripping is never ever look at a mirror.

• As far as avoiding nausea, make sure to take them on an empty stomach (several hours of not eating), grind them up and make a tea with fresh ginger and honey. You can also smoke some cannabis that is good for treating nausea, but that can make your trip more intense.

Also, just be ok with it. It will make your trip better.

• edited December 2020

@Sixwaychili

May be a silly question, but would one consider taking anti nausea meds with it, like otc motion sickness pill, or script phenergan?

Or would this completely jam up the trip?

Just curious as I'm looking towards the 31st to trip for the 1st time, and my tummy is very sensitive, but if puking is just part of it, then I'll deal with it. :)

• Get a prescription for "Zofran" that helped my nausea from some antibiotics I was on. Or grab a bottle of pepto bismol

• edited December 2020

I've never had nausea when using mushrooms/magic truffles. I make tea because I have digestive issues. Here is how I do it, from another thread I just started, regarding the GTs:

The "It's Just Tea" Recipe

Pulse with a food processor (two short pulses...it should not be completely pulverized into powder...that's mainly for ease of use...fine powder creates filtering problems). Steep with a teabag or two, then filter through a coffee filter. I use hibiscus and passion flower tea, for the synergic properties of passionflower and the mushroom-taste nullifying properties of hibiscus.

I, too, am an addict and pills were my main diet for five years. The idea of making capsules was very attractive to me and I did it religiously with kratom. It's not necessary with mushrooms. I can only conclude that God wants us to use this medicine. It makes ethanol look terribly complicated, much less heroin or morphine.

The Golden Teachers are powerful as fuck, by the way, in case you didn't get the message on my other thread.

Also: So are the Taj Mahals. Neither is better nor worse than the other. Both expose the beauty and terror of the universe. Thankfully not in equal measure!

Note that I am not a mushroom expert. I've been doing this since exactly...late summer.

• That's so weird to me that people are getting sick off these. I live in Texas and if your from around the Houston area you already know that shrooms are pretty much everywhere where there are cows so I am no stranger to shrooms but I'm not to familiar with indoor grown shrooms. But in my experience the best way too consume shrooms is by making tea, I usually put the caps in boiling water until there is a thick purple foam that forms on the top and then I take that mixture and mix it with fresh brewed tea or strong koolaid but I'm not to sure how much water you would need for these since it's considerably less that what I usually put in. I usually use about 20 large caps in a 2 quart pot and that's enough to make a really strong 3 gallon batch of tea. I have also heard from the older folks that grew up in the 60s and 70s they told me not to eat the stems because it could upset your stomach so I always just used the caps. And remember folks if you do go looking for shrooms in the wild don't forget to thump those caps before picking so there will be more for the next person that comes along.✌🏼✌🏼

• I thought I read that psilocybin starts breaking down at 208 degrees, which means that it's not a good idea to boil it.

• edited December 2020

Not sure about that it's always worked for me and has always been incredibly strong. Im 37yo and been doing it the same way since I was 18 and never had any issues. That's just how I was taught by the old schools hippies lol. But I guess if your using small batch it would probably be best to do it at a lower temp like I said I'm not familiar with the indoor grown shrooms. I only have experience with wild picked, these are about the size of a softball so pretty big and I use a lot of them when I boil so that's probably why there isn't much loss but I'm not sure I just know it works. I guess it depends on your elevation water will boil at (212 °F) if your at sea level so probably not much loss.

• edited December 2020

Well, I've tried googling it, and it seems that there are 1000 different answers. The majority of them say that oxidation is the problem in weakening them, not heat, but that oxidation can take place faster at higher heats. That will not happen when boiling in tea though, so it seems to be more of a concern in drying them with too much heat, like in an oven.

So I'd say that you're right @Weedyy

• I've never used dried I have always used fresh or frozen. But I'm very curious. I'm gonna try some of the taj Mahal and give it a shot.

• I am on ADHD medication, how long should I stop taking it in advance of my trip?

• Not sure about meds and shrooms but you might be able to find something here and some good tea recipes https://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms.shtml

• I bought 2 spore syringes recently. One strain is psilocybe azurescens & the other is psilocybe cyanescens. One is supposed to have double the psilocybin the other is supposed to contain quadruple the run of the mill psilocybin content.