Wax/Concentrates recommendation

Maybe once a yr I get a hankering for wax, crumble, or you can never go wrong with a clear shatter..any-who there’s so many especially Mama’s wax, resin, and diamonds..I love Terps! They taste soooo good in my pax 3. Any favorable recommendations? Thx guys!

Comments

• My concentrates preference nowadays, in order:
    Live Resin
    Rosin Press
    CRC Hasj
    Terp sauce
    Crumble/Wax
    Diamonds
    Shatter
    Distillate
    Kief
    Others

If I had more money to burn I’d grab mamas gelato resin or premium high octane wax or dark star terp sauce or Louds mbxmw CRC. I’ve only tried the dark star personally but the others I listed sound great. The Hindu Kush resin I have is outstanding. As is the Rude Boi CRC. Generally can’t go wrong with any wax. Have not seen rosin here for sale but there’s nothing like a fresh dab hot off the press.

• Also enjoyed the hindu and rude boi, the gelato was lil dry reminded me more of just diamonds but waiting on some dark star now amongst others, I enjoyed the nyc diesel kief soo much decided to give the butter og a shot as well

• @funkynugz im surprised that you have crc hash right under the fresh pressed, how is the crc hash here? Normally I’ve always been told crc is something you should steer away from, but I do trust MM

• I was a big fan of the London Pound Cake shatter from Loud, Med mamma makes some fire terp sauces as well

• Thx everyone! Grabbed a couple g’s of shatter from Loud. Hopefully Tangie and Miracle Whip 🤞🏼. Shatters seems to deliver nice terps with effects very similar to smoking flower.

• @liarliar03 i don’t hold much faith in the negatives discussed on the interwebs about CRC processing. Then again anything you put into your body can have adverse effects.

I like the CRC because it acts like a stable wax making it super easy to handle and the smoke is so smooth with apparently more impurities removed. It edged out terp sauce only slightly on my list because the runnier sauces are much more difficult (for me) to handle. They can be downright messy😆. I do love the intense flavors of the sauces best but am unsure if manmade terps go into its processing or not.

• Thx @funkynugz what CRC hash have you tried? Is it more flavorful/potent than shatter? I found I’m not a big fan of the dry diamonds.

• @superman38NC the only one I had so far is Rude Boi. Though I realize my CRC experience is limited, I have a feeling their base attributes are going to be similar. The flavor profile is delicate but the exhale is so smooth for those not wanting to cough up a lung. And I’m a fan of ease of use and gear versatility, just dry enough but not too dry, kinda like chapstick. So it works in a rig, straw, or bowl topper.

The only reason I like diamonds anymore is because they’re virtually hassle-free to consume in a variety of ways. Otherwise they work better blended with equal ratios of runny terp sauce.

Have to admit I never found a fondness for shatter. Probably because what I’ve had reminds me a lot of QWISO concentrate. Made my share of QWISO over the years but unless it’s purged perfectly it plainly sucks and the taste and burn rate can be absolutely revolting because of impurities. I’d prolly change my tune for it - and shatter too - if I had a stand-alone vac. Shrug, I may have to try a slab from here next year 🤷🏽‍♂️

• edited December 2020

Thx @funkynugz for the response! I almost pulled the trigger on some of the hash..all sounded excellent but I may revisit..any of the shatter I’ve got has been excellent. Everything I tried had a very clear appearance. Maybe a slight cough off a big pull..other than that very tasty and quick setting effects.

Never heard of QWISO before. All my concentrates experience has came from this site..20 +yrs of straight flower prior.

• Quick Wash in ISOpropyl

I jokingly call it “bathtub hash” because almost anybody can make it at home. Good for older or less desirable flowers. Not as volatile as butane or ether but still pretty hazardous just got to watch your sixes during evaporation. Full evap is nearly impossible without proper equipment tho, hence the leftover solvent issues. Check it @superman38NC

https://blog.seedsman.com/what-is-qwiso-and-how-do-you-make-it/

• Got bored waiting for mail so ran out and grabbed a lookah seahorse pro with the bong hose attachment to compare with yocan regen and dtv4

• Thx @funkynugz ! Appreciate the info and link

• @superman38NC did you ever get to try the miracle whip shatter, grabbed some that and lemon meringue before loud goes on break, I'm assuming they're getting everything out before going on break not that postal be moving too much probably between then and following week lol

• edited December 2020

@Vapedad78 not yet. 🤞🏼It arrives sometime..even if it’s 3 weeks I’ll be grateful. Will definitely let you know! I’m interested in the miracle whip now that I’ve seen so many great reviews on the flower. I’m assuming it’s made from some of the same batches .

• Yeah that's what I was hoping, if it is then it's sure to be some fire. Should be seeing some pineapple Express at some point to check out during the interlude and curious on the lemon meringue

• edited December 2020

The Pineapple Express is an excellent choice! One of my fav movies btw 😎. Any shatter I’ve had from Loud has been good quality with consistent terp flavor. Let me know how the Lemon Meringue is if you don’t mind 🤜🏻

• Will do, just got the PE and some strawberry lemonade flower both look and smell great, PE like pull n snap haven't had chance to try yet tho

• @superman38NC just got the LM from 22nd still waiting on whip from 21sr lol🤦‍♂️ it's darker and more pull b snap like the pineapple xprss just took a tiny wake n bake taste with seahorse and small a rip as I took its really good, definitely nice and lifted