How to bring back flower?

Broke into the emergency stash to get some triple chocolate chip from a couple months ago and found it to be super, super dry with little effect. Will some boveda packs breath a little life back into it? Thought I’d be safe because it was vacuum sealed? Thoughts or suggestions on how to salvage and what others do as far as 6-9 month storage options? I’m using tinted glass mason jars and boveda packs normally but I like my various selections to have on hand but it’s not feasible to have 15 jars laying around either. I know, 1st world problem, right?

Which reminds me on another question. Is it okay to mix the different strains or is there a reason to not do that?

Holiday greetings to those near and far...🎄

Comments

• Boveda 62

• agree with Mikey.. boveda62.

mixing strains.. i used to be pretty against it.. thought each strain deserved its own spotlight.. idk.. since i have found that some strains complement each other amazingly and i'm a bit more open now

good luck bringing the flower back.. would take some of the "stronger" looking, bigger or denser nugs and put them in a small-medium size jar with a boveda 62% pack and maybe a little pc. of paper towel with a couple of drops of water ( must stress- literally like a drop or 2 ONLY or you will over-hydrate it and miss the sweet spot) and give it about 3 days in a sealed smaller jar.. maybe 4 days.. and that's probably about as good as it's gonna get!

have found some bud to "come back" much better than others. good luck with yours!

• Thanks @MikeyC, @v32Finish good time to clean up my medicine cabinet and will hope for the best!

• Why use a piece of paper towel and water when you can use a piece of lettuce for 2 days?

• @MikeyC :sunglasses: that will work too... ahh the memories... i still remember putting an orange peel in about an oz of some mids/ ya know the commercial "hydro" that was like 10-15 a gram back in the or 2000s... when the really good, homegrown type stuff was 400/oz or 20-25/g , you could get this other stuff the dealers rated between "A" and "AAA" ... which somehow, funnily enough, everything was always rated the top rating. never got any "A" or "AA" .. funny

anyway, never heard of lettuce, but i ruined almost a whole oz by doing basically the same thing. it definitely wasn't because my young, stupid ass, no it wasnt :hushed: ok, maybe it was... and maybe it definitely did mold because i put too big an orange peel in there, for too long.. and maybe it definitely did not impart any citrus quality or orange flavor...

lmaO

@Reshi no problem! and yeah, you've actually kind of given me the same idea, thru this post.. i think it would actually be a good time for me to tighten up my medicine cabinet as well. take care ! :)

• edited December 2020

A piece of orange peel will moisturize it.

• @Reshi Other than using boveda or similar you risk contamination and ruined herb with peels and other things like tortillas. I’ve done both in the past though with that said. Best natural method is to add fresh mj fan leaves to your dry stash but you need to have an active garden going.

Thing about fresh flower is it degrades in potency the moment it is chopped from the plant. Even if you refresh older drier weed, it will lose the moisture quickly once it hits oxygen again and the up and down fluctuations can eventually disturb the overall composition of the plant, much like freezing, thawing and refreezing messes up animal protein.

Best bet for long term storage is still in an opaque air tight jar with a boveda62, sitting in the dark at room temperature or below. Light, O2, and high temps kill weed.

I’ve vacc’d jars in the past using a sealer attachment or jigged brake bleeder with good success, you can also place a jar in an appropriate sized vac bag and seal the jar for LTS that way. (I still have a half zip of 2019 Jaeger that’s in excellent condition and am smoking some Hindu Kush right now that’s older than that, using the method discussed). Also Google c-Vaults.

Mixing strains is encouraged in my world. All hybrids are “pre-mixed” for us, but I like to do custom blends in small quantities of strains that complement or enhance each other in regards to taste or overall combined effect. Add zip to a couchlock with a heady sativa or viceversa. Your brain will love it 👍

• Orange peel or lemon.
    I used to Ike to mix strains. IMHO it mixes different dna’s And gives a great high.

• The peels aren't washed and fall on the ground/contain mold so boveda is always better

• Thanks everyone! @funkynugz that sounds like a good idea thanks