Outdoor Mystery from MedMama

I thought I would annotate the menu description, in lieu of trying to put together my own narrative structure for this review:

"Outdoor - Mystery
Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Things are always exciting when you step into the unknown. Try out this mysterious new strain with delightfully frosted covered buds with a dark shade of purp! You wont be dissapointed."

Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?

Indica dominant

Things are always exciting when you step into the unknown.

I prefer not to, but...

Try out this mysterious new strain with delightfully frosted covered buds with a dark shade of purp!

...it's purple so...

You wont be dissapointed. [sic]

True. Purple strains never disappoint, and this is no exception. I can feel moderate body effects after a session with the vape. The flavor is weak, taste weak, too. It's dry and the stems are so sharp I had to worry about puncture wounds. There's a faint taste of fruit. Is that Forbidden Fruit in there? Truly a mystery, this strain rings true to its description in every way. (Not sure how delightfully frosted it is, but I do grant some poetic license here. It's an "illegal"* cannabis website, after all.)

There's something magical about purple strains, more than just the way they look and taste and smell. It's a synergy. Combined with the other intangible magic of outdoor-grown herb, this strain has a definite allure to it, for me. I can see how someone else might not appreciate it, though. Frankly, if I could do it over, I'd re-up on Blackjack or Salami, depending on whether I wanted a body-high indica (Salami) or hazy sativa spark (Blackjack).

I actually think that combustion would be kinder to this herb than vaping. COVID-ravaged lungs prohibit that experiment, though. I always liked burning purple cannabis. I suspect those days are over, for now at least.

*not illegal by natural--or constitutional--law, but, you know, details/federal prison...semantics

Comments

• You say it's dryer than the Sahara desert? I like to think dry stuff smokes better with combustion. Also I would rather not get stabbed trying to have a toke hahaha

• I hope I don’t regret splitting this mystery with zookies. I’m kicking myself already for not getting a whole zip of zookies because it disappeared so quick. I’ll get my boveda ready

• For me, purple cannabis is almost its own category of medicine. While I'm disappointed a bit with the taste of this Mystery, I don't think I'm going to regret having a half zip of it. I look forward to hearing your opinion, @Rubygirl816.