Problems with Coinbase sending bitcoin

I tried to pay for an order this morning and Coinbase keep telling me that my account balance is not enough to process the transaction (sending the funds to Medman). The order is only $280 and my balance is $350. Does anyone know what could be happening here? It's the first time I've run into this situation in 8 years or so. Thank you!!

Comments

• edited April 20

@dabadabido, The fees for doing the transaction are very high right now due to network activity, that is the difference in funds. You can try to lower the speed of verification which will lower the cost of the fee, however this will change how long it takes to get the order placed technically, as the med team does not get the confirmation until the payment clears. Hope this helps!

• Make sure you're using the correct bitcoin total sent in the confirmation letter and make sure you're going by the bitcoin amount.

• I was having this problem and called them and they said it’s due to the Bitcoin halving and won’t work until tomorrow. I converted to LTC and resubmitted my order to pay with lite coin.

• I am having the same problem too. I never had a problem before. Do you think MM will accept the payment tomorrow?
    @medboy

• I tried resubmitting my order to pay with litecoin, but the discount code doesn't work. Is it only good for 1 order?

• edited April 20

If you have created an order and can't pay because of the fees just create a new one tomorrow. I will extend the sale and it will continue until tomorrow at noon EST

• I just recreated my order using Litecoin and was able to convert the funds in Coinbase and all went smoothly. Thank you @medboy for extending the deadline!! All ends well!!

• And...many thanks to all the forum members here who gave me some great advice! Hope your 420 was awesome and that your orders travel to you swiftly!!

• After years of using Coinbase, I have been having trouble since April. I have $300 in that company and I can't buy, sell, or send Bitcoin. I have been on the phone 5 times with them trying to straighten this mess out. I gave up on the sales here. I have been slowly moving money into Cash app until I can get my funds out of Coinbase.

After my phone call to Coinbase again today. I read that Coinbase is
    facing obstacles in the form of hostile regulators (including the SEC, which sued the company), data breaches, disgruntled customers, and technical glitches. Plus, it's facing new competition from fund companies and brokerages. Sounds like they are making existing customers pay for their issues. I didn't like the questions being asked by the representative. I have been with them for over 9 years and this is the first time I have had trouble. Clearly, I am a disgruntled customer.

• edited June 5

Anyone else experiencing problems sending Bitcoin payments on Coinbase this week ?

• I switched to cash app last year. Glad I did.

• I used Coinbase for the last time on Sunday for an order. I too have been with Coinbase for about eight or nine years. Will be switching to cash app from now on. Thanks for letting us know about the problem.

• @Kathy I have been trying to get my Bitcoin out of coinbase since April. I have been with them for 9 years, but they would not let me send Bitcoin even though I had enough funds available. After 2 months & 7 phone calls to their support, frustrated, I finally cashed out a week ago at a loss. Not sure what your problem is but I hope you find a solution.

I opened a cash app account. It took several days for them to verify my account. Their consumer service is easier. friendlier, and faster.

• Anyone out there still sending BTC payments on Coinbase...?.....Are BTC network fee's coming down or higher recently ?

• Fees are down again...a lot of people having issues with coinbase. Cashapp seems to be the preferred app.

• I just used cashapp on a recent order, very easy to use. It only took a few hours to verify bank details and photo ID.