USPS Informed Delivery

Just curious when you signed up for Informed Delivery and a label was created did it show you a picture? It says today that a label was create and a package was on the way but no picture of it? Could they be my Med Mama order?

Thank you

Comments

• Only letter-size mail is photographed. They don't photo packages. As a matter of fact, I just got a Christmas card that there wasn't a picture of and informed delivery stated "there is currently 1 piece in today's mail that isn't pictured". And it was a Christmas card with $$$ (sweet).

Having a label created and "on its way" are 2 different things. When a label is created, Informed delivery says "label created, USPS AWAITING arrival at post office of origin ". So....until Informed delivery states "accepted at post office of origin", your package has NOT been shipped, only a label was created.

• Oh awesome! It just states “a piece of mail that doesn’t have an image is included in today’s mail”

• Oh awesome! It just states “a piece of mail that doesn’t have an image is included in today’s mail”

• edited December 2019

Did you include your +4 zip code when you ordered? If so, you will spot anything coming and if it says something is coming from the west coast, then you can watch the post office fumble it all across the country and somehow deliver it to you pretty quickly, mostly.

• @fayshowers , In my experience, "a piece of mail that doesn't have an image, etc." does not refer to any MM shipments. You see that message only on the "Mail" tab. MM's packages are available on the tab that says "Packages", and will never have an image - just the tracking number. Once the item is picked up by the USPS, you can track where it is and when it will arrive

Enjoy!

• Could somebody out there be so kind/stoned to enlighten me as to what all you need to utilize informed delivery? I think last time I glanced at it you had to be in an eligible area and then what other info / id stuff do you have too enter? thanks a million

• To get verified for ID, I had to actually answer a question of who I sold a house to in 2003. I couldn't name anyone I sold a house to, so I had to look it up on public records. It took about a half hour to find the info. They also ask a bunch of other questions like what addresses you lived at and what cars you owned.

• And....If the telephone number you use to sign up with dosen't jive with the zip code where you are requesting service...........They will then mail you a letter, to the address where you are requesting service and in that letter will contain an individualized barcode. Next, take the barcode to a post office in your zip code (not all post office offer this verification, so call first) present your barcode and identification(ID needs to have the exact same address as requested service address) to the clerk and tell them you need Informed Delivery verification. They will look at you and say whaaaaa? Tell them that once they scan the barcode, their computer will prompt them on what to do next. I think they can email a barcode to you also and you can use your phone to show the clerk your barcode.

• blah, so do you informed folks know the actual day of delivery more often than not? Doesn't matter who is sending what, it just alerts you regarding anything incoming via the usps - basically links you to their system, somewhat... thanks again!

• Landrace, I ordered yesterday and Informed Delivery just informed me that MedMama has created my shipping label. Informed delivery will inform you when a shipping label is created by the shipper.
    Medicineman uses ezpost pre-paid postage which is connected to the interweb and will notify you when a label with your address is printed(paid for). Next its up to the shippers to transport your package to the post office of origin. Hopefully they post the package in a timely manner and not sit on it for a week before posting it (which seems to happen from time to time).
    Informed delivery will update a soon as the package is accepted and scanned at the post office of origin and give you an ETA, usually 3 business days. I get my packages in 2 business days.
    So if MedMama goes to the post office tonight......My order will be here Wednesday a.m.

• cool, thank you!