The longest wait

No, this isn't about the perfect storm that the MedFamily experienced last month, but when an order goes right.

I wonder which feels like the longest wait... the one between "send bitcoin" and getting that confirmation email "Your payment has been received! Expect delivery in 5-10 business days" or "Label created, USPS waiting for package..." and the actual delivery.

Both seem to have their own drama. My wallet, once I click the send button, doesn't tell me anything until the transaction has been completed on the other end. So, after making sure everything is correct, I hit 'send' and poof! there is nothing to even indicate I just sent anything at all. The only thing that changes is the amount remaining in my wallet.

Did it go through? Did I just blast a sizeable chunk of my monthly check into outer space? Was that wallet address properly copied and pasted? Did I get the bitcoin numbers right? Why wont Texas legalize already?

Then I get that wonderful confirmation email that says I did everything right, and I can expect a uniformed postal official to bring me a wonderful package full of what is hopefully the choicest Kind money can buy. I can imagine elves working somewhere in a Santa Claus like shop happily singing catchy tunes while they personally tend to my order. Fa, la, la lala, la, weed is on it's way!

Now comes the checking of informed delivery, where I go check the status of my delivery. A lot. Checking. Checking. And then... all right! A label has been created. That tells me I have a box somewhere with my name on it waiting to be carried with the utmost care, using white gloves, to a transporter reserved just for my package.

Once in a while that transporter takes the long way, but in the end there is that wonderful notification "Package delivered to your mailbox" and, in my case, when I go to town to pick it up I can see the glow emanating from the mailbox like an angel was inside just waiting to be released.

I carefully take my treasure home, where I open that treasure and enjoy the best that nature has created... and bam! Before I know it, it's all gone. I still wonder how my mooching friends know I have scooby snacks...

And so begins another cycle. I wait for my check to come in, and once the funds hit the bank I place an order.

And so begins another circle of life. :-)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, y'all!

Comments

• I agree, why won’t Texas legalize already!! Lol

• I can relate to so many of your points about this whole process. I challenge myself how long I can wait before checking Informed Delivery, again. My last order was just as MedMama started having trouble, so only a slight delay, but those few days of unknown were agonizing...

But the door-to-door service of something that was, at least for me, so elusive for such a long time is quite remarkable. On the day of arrival, I can already pick up the sound of the USPS delivery truck as it turns on to my block (diesel engine), and I know the journey is almost complete.

Amazing.

• edited December 2019

Priceless account, we can all relate.

FWIW if you sign up for text alerts wit ID you won’t have to keep checking. USPS automatically sends updates along the way. I used to always sweat buying and sending bitcoin. As long as the wallet address shows the first and last few characters as correct you can pretty much relax. My BRD wallet shows transactions in progress. And cash app sends texts in real time about progress too.

And my usps truck also has a distinctive sound. Even my pups know it 😆

• HaHaHa!!! Or should I say HoHoHo!!! Will you read “The night before Christmas” at my house this year???

• Something like this..Get in the car, drive to somewhere and the guy has 3 others there and you buy some swag, drive away.....get home and it is kinda okay. The next time it is real good.......This gets old.... The whole time you hating this whole thing .... or you do what is done as I read, let it flow, trust is in consistency, sometimes a little faster......but it shows up...like you are fixing mac and cheese, bing....you've got mail....Like real mail... MMM...MedManMail....(scissors and plastic tearing sounds) Stress over.... No drive, No mess in distress

• Once you get the tracking number you can sign up for text alerts so you don’t have to check you’ll get a text updating every step