Lavender

I did not know "cat piss tasting notes" were a thing. Thanks to the review of the outdoor strain Jaeger, by another writer at the end of last year, I now know this is the case. Apparently I am a "cat piss person." Jack Herer (indoor) is another great example of the cat piss vibe. Now we have Lavender, a strain that really agrees with me. It, too, is a cat pisser. The terpene linalool (lavender) is prominent here, in addition to whatever else might contribute to that sweet ammonia scent; in fact, that's what really stands out for me with this strain: olfactory bliss, combined with a fantastic head high. If not for that other Jaeger review, I wouldn't be thinking about cats at all right now...

I should mention "bag appeal." Why? I don't know. Everyone does it. For me, the buds are exquisite: medium-sized and well-manicured. If you use a grinder, your experience will be a 4 out of 5 stars on the Tirebiter Grinder Test*. That's a good score! For those of you who weren't inside my head when I invented it minutes ago, the Tirebiter Grinder Test consists of filling a clean, three-tiered grinder full of bud material and grinding three times in each direction. Then you observe how much bud material gets lodged inside the grinder's top level. With Lavender, the grinder is, gloriously, largely useless without a toothpick or some other device.

Given that we all have our individual needs, I should note that mine right now are to quiet the demon hellscape of my mind and reduce inflammation in my body. Put more accessibly, I need cannabis that keeps both my mind and body cogent and functional after decades of misuse. Lavender aids that goal during the day. It has powerful mind and body effects. I would classify this as a daytime, wide-application kind of medicine: a hybrid for the ages. Along with Mimosa, this is the kind of strain I imagine smoking in my eighties, should I be fortunate enough to still be around. By that point, I will be the coolest person in the senior living place, of course. And cannabis use will be encouraged by society. And flying cars will perform sex acts on their passengers--and even each other--for the amusement of the entire population of consenting adults worldwide...

What I mean to say, in conclusion, is that I will use Lavender again, quite possibly in the next five minutes.

*A 5/5 would indicate that the bud has not been cured long enough and probably is too wet for proper combustion or vaporization; 1/5 indicates that the atoms present in the original sample have been completely replaced, begging the question, "What is reality?" So, actually, a 4/5 is a perfect score. A score of 3/5 indicates that your material is dangerously close to the texture of dispensary weed in Ohio or something.

Comments

• Nice review and I appreciate your sense of humor too.

I will be in Fairbanks, Alaska starting next week, for a month. There is a cannabis shop just a few minutes drive from where I will be staying, with others near by as well. I will look for Lavender while there.

• 🤣 hey don’t pick on us buckeyes. We can’t help our weed is grown by morons and our governor looks and acts like Sméagol from LOTR. Lavender was never high on my favorites, can’t stand the smell of the actual lavender flower I guess. Good to see it works for you though.