XJ-13?

I like the description of this strain. "...a sativa-dominant strain that is beloved for both its therapeutic potency and enjoyable euphoric buzz. It is a cross between G13 Haze and Jack Herer that produces cerebral effects..."

Anyone who has tried it care to comment on it? (Perhaps it's just the name, but I'm having a hard time falling in love with it.)

Comments

• I’ve got a packed pint of this strain (not from this site) in the stash safe gathering dust. I’m not a fan of haze or Herer but I didn’t know what I was buying until it arrived. It’s oxidized at this point so will probably do an alcohol wash on it.

The G13 comes shrouded with decades of mystery, alleged to be a clone-only top secret US government bred indica strain for medical use and research that was smuggled out of a university. It had a resurgence among seed breeders in the late 90s/early 2000s and I guess it’s still a popular strain, though used strictly for hybridization at this point. Here’s a story from Leafly that talks about it.

“G13 is a very strong strain of cannabis indica that is the subject of many urban legends. According to some accounts, the CIA, FBI, and other agencies gathered the best strains of marijuana from breeders all over the world. At a super-secret installation at the University of Mississippi, they bred many new super hybrids in the late 1960s. Allegedly, a single cutting of this plant was liberated by an unnamed technician and bred for the masses. Although the legends are probably not true, G13 delivers effects like no other. If you have the opportunity, definitely partake in this strain.“

• Wow. Good information. Thanks!