Royal Kush

Super skunky and funky out of the bag. If aliens had intercepted this package, it would have unlocked a hitherto unexplored realm of the human-plant co-evolutionary experience. But I've had two hits of this cannabis today, so I cannot explain what I mean by this.

But I'll try. When I smoked my first cannabis, in 1984, this would have been the Holy Grail of cannabis. At that time, there were three kinds of weed experiences: 1) The swill...in Indianapolis, some people were going down to southern Indiana to "harvest" Ruderalis strains that grow wild there...I don't rate that as actual cannabis, or one of my three categories, but it shows you the lengths we went to find something to smoke. Substandard Mexican brick weed was the most common alternative to smoking banana peels for most of us. This brings us to 2) "Panama Red": This likely included all manner of higher-grade sativas, including Colombian and/or Panamanian. Then: 3) By the end of the 80s, strong "skunk" strains arrived. And these were at the top of the food chain. Enter Royal Kush, my attempt to re-experience that sort of thing in the present day.

Now that there are half a dozen or more "skunky" strains on the MM menu, it is hard to choose. Galactic Jack, too, is loud out of the bag. Both are at a different level, in terms of genetics and potency probably, from what we smoked. But make no mistake, this is the same herb got me through a childhood riddled with mental and physical pain. Probably kept me from doing harm to myself and others.

Anyhow, Royal Kush is as authentic as you'll get for that "1985" experience, where you realize that it might just be this simple, the rule of life: never run out of this stuff.

Comments

• edited February 2020

It's so funny. I smoked tons of that Mexican brick weed that I got for $50 a 1/4. That was all I could get (in Philadelphia). In fact, I knew it was time to move out of my apartment when my roommate bought 10 pounds of it. (after he told me I could take a bud, which ended up weighing an ounce on its own lol) Every once in awhile, I'd come across someone from California or Hawaii with something that was on a completely different level and I was so jealous. It was referred to as 'kind bud', which is actually supposed to be 'kine bud' with kine meaning high quality.

• @georgetirebiter ... I concur. The Royal Kush is tasty and effective 👌 The buds I got were small, but I don't mind!

• Sixwaychili: Yes! The kine. I remember that. And health class. Talkin' 'bout "Maui Wowie"...I mean, really teach? I can tell you with 99.5% confidence that nobody I knew had ever experienced either that or the elusive "Thai Stick."

At least I grew up learning to appreciate cannabis. That was positive. I also learned how valuable shake can be. They sell that the dispensaries here in shaker bottles...half ounce salt shaker-type bottles. It's literally the only decent product. (You can get 14 grams for $99-119 if it's in stock, which is for about 15 minutes until it's posted and the heads like me show up.)

What was the point, again? Right. Royal Kush. Recommended x10.

• Coldstone: I'd call the buds I got "small to medium." Classic skunk/indica construction: dense and trichome-heavy. I absolutely don't mind anything about the size. Great addition to my home pharmacy!