Mother's Milk

This is a review of MedMama's Mother's Milk.

My impression of the aroma is spicy in the foreground and floral in the background. The taste is floral. Delicious. "This will be one of my new favorites for smoking; reminds me of lavender..." Those were my first impressions. Then I lost three hours playing with my dog and drumming. Still high, I decided to write this review, not long after.

Note that I had planned my afternoon around taking three tokes of this herb, taking the dog on a walk, and having a few more puffs before trying to figure out how to enjoy the rest of my Saturday. Turns out that, with this stuff, you don't really need very much planning for a lazy Saturday.

Before writing this, I go back to the strain description because I thought I remembered this strain being a 90/10 sativa dominant hybrid. That didn't quite seem right, in light of my experience, which was not as cerebral as I was expecting. Turns out that that's another strain on the menu, Violet Vixen. This is more of a typical sativa-dominant hybrid, in its effects. A lot like Mimosa for me.

The stoniness is unique. I had only three tokes and I felt it in my body, but not in a limiting way. After smoking, I ran around the block with my dog. The experience was infused with energy, a controlled and empowering kind. This stuff is not cerebral, it's cerebellar. Here's what I mean: the cerebellum regulates muscular responses to sensory stimuli, right? This cannabis activated the parts of my cerebellum responsible for moving my hands and feet. I played drum patterns I've never played before, and smoothly, with control. I ran farther than I normally run.

Here's another thing, and it's going to sound weird. My anger, derived from fear, loneliness, and isolation, has melted away. I don't even harbor a mistrust of cats right now. And the main point being: I will be ordering more of this. Now.

Rating: 4.75/5

Similar strains: Mimosa (stoniness), Lavender (taste)

Here's the strain description:

This is a rare sativa dominant hybrid strain. The Mother's Milk high eases you into it with a creeping effect that slowly washes over you in warming relaxing waves. As you fall into a happy state of calm, your mind will be infused with a growing sense of euphoria that won't really affect your energy level. You'll start to drift deeper and deeper into physical sedation, pulling your cerebral state down with it soon afterwards. Mother's Milk is often chosen by patients suffering from a wide variety of conditions including chronic pain, muscle spasms or tremors, depression, inflammation, chronic stress, and insomnia. This bud has a sweet creamy fruity flavor with a hint of citrus on each exhale. The aroma is very sweet and woody with a creamy lemon overtone.

Comments

• Nice review. Gonna give it try. Thanks

• As always very in-depth review George which I really appreciate. I’m very intrigued now with the Mother’s Milk..in your opinion which would you buy..mothers milk or lemon larry?i just restocked Mimosa..is it similar enough where you would still buy it? Trying to monitor the funds but this site makes it hard..

• I'm really liking Mother's Milk, Superman38NC. A lot. The flavor is different from Mimosa and the experience was very unique for me. I reordered this morning and saw something called "Slurricane," which showed up out of nowhere. So, good times. I think MM is on-level with any of the "premium" items, certainly.

In general, the new MedMama selections seem to be really high-level. Only disappointment has been Forbidden Fruit, and that's minor for me because I like the taste when mixed with other, stronger fruit-forward strains.

It is really hard to be disciplined on this site...

• Forgot to mention Lemon Larry: I think the MM is superior.

• Thx for the info! Just ordered a split of that and Violet Vixen..received a sample of VV and again I’m blown away by the unique amazing aroma and quality. I’ll post a separate review but in a nutshell it’s LOUD!..Smells like grapes soaked in high octane fuel..very energetic! The come down is as good as it gets..you definitely should pick some of George if you like sativas..

• Slurricane caught my eye today. Love these reviews, keep it up!

• edited March 2020

Funny you mentioned Slurricane..that’s the free sample bud I requested..one thing I particularly appreciate about MedMama is they try to give you the samples you request..when I cracked open the sample of VV i was blown away..insane aroma..looking forward to receiving this alongside Mother’s Milk..

• Received Mother’s Milk OG today and all I can say is wow!..thank you George for the recommendation and wonderful review..these buds are beautiful..reminds me of Wedding Cake except the Sativa version and more mellow aroma..nug size was medium to small..compact & sticky plus amazing trim job..the pic on the site does not do this batch justice..should be labeled premium 👍

• Keep coming back to Mothers Milk..such a unique head in the clouds high..noticed this is still on the menu..highly recommend!

• Of the current menu items, it's in my top three, with Slurricane and Do-Si-Dos. I've got to write something about Do-Si-Dos, too. Like Mother's Milk, the high is so complex and distinctive.

• edited April 2020

I got a half ounce in of Mother's Milk. First hit tells me one thing; that this is going to last me forever. It's like I've graduated from drinking non-alcoholic beer to Bacardi 151. I had been smoking 3-4 bowls a night of Jaeger and Purple Diesel. One hit of this is all I need. I took two. And I could write about another 1000 words about it, but I'm getting the stink eye from my girlfriend.

I think because she wants me to make a pizza using garlic bread as the crust.

• Oh and the buds were absolutely beautifully trimmed and dense. A bit on the smaller side, but I think it's better that way since you're not paying for big stems.

• Two hits, and I can't feel my face. This stuff is the best I've ever had.

• Have to agree with that! I've got 10 strains currently. I know I went overboard but mother's milk is my favorite. Fruits loops rock too!

• @RandomGuy Haha, I know what you mean about going overboard. I need to hold off a bit, but can't help myself with all the good selections. I have about 8 now and about 4 on the way.

• So it's not just me then?😂

• edited September 2020

Bumping this thread because I'm almost out of it finally and wanted to restate how much I love it.

Right now, I have premium MAC, premium Fruit Loops, premium XJ-13, indoor White Cookies and premium Alaskan Thunderfuck.

My favorite out of all of these strains is still the indoor Mother's Milk OG from last March and all of these strains are ridiculously good.

Also, I miss @georgetirebiter. And by the way, the garlic bread pizza was delicious! haha

I looked up the lineage of this strain and it seems that it's not likely to come back as it's more of a Colorado strain. I've never seen any of the related strains on this site. Can anyone recommend something similar? It just hits me exactly right.