MedMama Strains vs. Loud Strains

I've tried a lot of strains from both vendors. My initial favorite was MedMama, then I preferred Loud, now the pendulum has swung back. Does anyone else have a preference, not for shipping times or service, but for the type and variety of strains.

My opinion is that, while I much prefer Loud's strain descriptions, Loud's cannabis is more homogeneous. Excellent representation of Kush/OG strains, and lots of heavy-hitting indicas. Few "everyday sativas" compared to MedMama. I also find that MedMama's strains can be hit or miss, compared to Loud. The hits are home runs and I want to have them around forever. The misses, while infrequent, are maybe a little bit more obvious.

I can immediately divide my MedMama herbs into categories: Nighttime weed for drumming after my work is done--Slurricane, Mother's Milk. Daytime weed for writing--Peaches, (LA Pop Rox, I hope, en route). The Loud herb isn't as enduring for me; the outdoor Jaeger is extremely memorable. But I could name three or four more memorable MedMama strains for every Loud. That's my brain chemistry.

There's another menu I've used online and it's almost always diesel/chem varieties, which I simply don't like. So this isn't an opinion about quality so much as it is about strain selection. Am I saying what I think I'm saying? I think MedMama has better taste and needs a couple of the growers to provide better strain descriptions.

Anyone else got thoughts?

Comments

• Loud does seem to lean more towards the "couch side" on their menu than MedMama does. The descriptions always seem to be less "real" and more poetic on both menus to me.

I haven't been disappointed with either of them, but I am not disappointed with shake joints either. Up until just a couple of years ago I had to accept whatever made it over the border, usually brickweed. Once in a while someone would pass by with something from Cali, and those were the days I like to remember.

My next order comes in tomorrow from MM. I will keep your comments in mind when I open that package. A little anecdotal experimentation, ya know.

• Kind of funny you wrote this George..I was just thinking about writing something similar..great post as usual!..since gratefully stumbling upon this site last Nov I’ve ordered several strains from both shippers..Loud definitely puts more poetic flow to the strain descriptions, but overall my fav’s lean slightly towards Mama’s..Wedding Cake, Mimosa, Lemon Tree, Mother’s Milk OG, Violet Vixen, Blue Dream have all been phenomenal..You typically can’t go wrong with any Indoor or Premium from Mama in regards to quality..always dense, sticky, nicely trimmed, aromatic buds..the only bust was Forbidden Fruit and its not terrible..

Loud has stepped up big time with their outdoor offerings..Super Lemon Haze, Agent Orange, Jaeger, Lemon Kush..all amazing outdoor quality..the biggest diff has been some of the indoor and premium..kinda hit and miss..however I will say the Fruit Loops is on the top of my list for reorder if it ever comes around..when the paragraph description is twice as long as any of the others..or comes with a warning..just grab it lol

Overall Mama’s has been more sticky vs Loud’s on the dryer side..but not in a bad way..no complaints here..I’m so thankful for this site!

• Also: I kind of like the MedMama stickers. Very official! I put them on my mason jars for storage. They transfer really well.

• Rats.

Alpha Blue (MedMama, indoor) is gone. Was going to write a review on it. Unusual for a strain to disappear that quickly. The stoniness might be better than Loud's out-of-sight Strawberry Diesel; it's without the strong strawberry smell, but still quite tasty. I'd put it on my "re-up list," along with Mother's Milk and Slurricane. If I could, that is...obviously, it's gone now.

I'll be enjoying every bit of my 7.3 grams.

The next two reviews will be XJ-13 and LA Pop Rocks. Or so I hope!

Also looking forward to opening my Violet Vixen.

I feel very fortunate.

• edited March 2020

I love the MM stickers too..used to put them on jars, but now I save it in the bags inside jars 🤪..

Man I can’t for you to open the VV..absolutely incredible aroma.. very loud like the wedding cake..has a fuel undertone overtaken by berry sweetness..some of the prettiest loudest buds I’ve encountered on here..high is just as nice..great wake n bake strain!

• Me, too!The VV description sold me on it, then your review confirmed it. That's some nice rainy day weed. I bought a half ounce. I think I'll be using the Alpha Blue for the next few days, though.

• Yes Loud is sticky stuff. Very in case. It is not for paper, but that is no problem....Love Loud..... MM is dryer. but great...Jaeger trees are so dense. Crumble easy. Such a deal for the Outdoor and the quality is right where it needs to be. I love MedMama. I am so happy with anything which is sent. I am so happy as well with this site. They always deliver.

• edited March 2020

Med Love in Oregon was awesome while they were around. Once, because all they had left were smalls, they sent me 7 extra grams. Couldn't believe it lol Wonder what the chances are MM could add more shippers.

• Loud has now done that thing they do where they make you question God, dropping a menu with four new bombs on it (I count four anyway).

• @superman38NC, Trying some "new" Lemon Tree from a batch that came out a couple months ago. Good. Completely different look and taste than the last variety. Fruit bomb!

• All I know is that I’m on day 13 waiting for my medmama order, and the LC order is set to (hopefully) arrive on Saturday.

• @georgetirebiter I had the lemon tree from a while ago as well. It was..... well anything with lemon in the name is good. It was bomb.

• I’ve enjoyed both but I think Loud is more consistent. Have rarely had a bad bud from them. Had a couple from med mama.

• Haven't had anything come that was bad from either one. Some effects are different between the two but nothing that would make me complain about it. Some strains have been a little lighter on the buzz level but not a big deal.

• @liarliar03, my packages disappeared into an ID vortex. Mailman hasn't been spotted since Saturday.

This quarantine business is really real, eh?

List of stuff I'm smoking, from MedMama's long-gone menus of the past:

Purple Punch
    Lemon Tree
    Slurricane
    Mother's Milk

Oldies but goodies!

Also found some Premium Strawberry Dream and Fruit Loops from Loud. So things are ok.

For now.

• I would love to have some more purple punch @georgetirebiter , very relaxing!

• @georgetirebiter I'm missing the Slurricane as we finally ran out last week. Still nursing some older White Cookies and premium Grape Ape along with newer (but gone) Gelato and Pure OG. Also enjoying the Blueberry Muffins and Orange Creamsicle. I thought you'd like the OC @georgetirebiter...it is "ridiculously fun."