My Personal Gummie Recipe

edited April 2020 in General

Hello forum,

This was my very first time ever making edibles. There were some things I learned from this and maybe some different things I will do and won't do next time (like not licking the utensils clean). But all in all, they turned out amazing!

Gummy Recipe:

1 pkg. - 3.9 oz. Jello Packet (I used Sonic green apple for this one)
2 pkgs. - 0.25 oz. unflavored gelatin
1/3 cup - corn syrup (clear)
1/4 cup - water (room temp)
1/2 tsp - lecithin
1/4 tsp - citric acid*
1-1.5g distillate
Corn starch

Gummie molds
Droppers (usually come with molds)
Waxed paper
Storage container

*for sour gummies increase the amount of citric acid.

Directions:

1st Step:

Heat oil to free flowing using hot water or blow dryer on low. If using hot water, this should be the first step so it will be ready when it's time. Hair dryer may be quicker, but I didn't use one this time.

2nd Step:

Combine all dry ingedients into a medium sized microwave container. Stir until all dry ingredients are combined well. (If using Lecithin powder, add and mix with dry ingredients).

3rd Step:

Combine water, corn syrup, and lecithin with dry ingredients. Stir til completely mixed. I used liquid lecithin, but you may use powder, if using powder mix in with step 2.

4th Step:

Let the mixture sit out for 10-30 minutes to let the gelatin bloom.

**I used 30 minutes to get things ready for the following steps.

5th Step:

Once the mixture has sat for the specified time, it's time to heat up the gelatin mixture.
Microwave the gelatin on high for 30 seconds, then stir mixture. Heat on high 2 more times at 15 seconds each, and stir. Lastly, heat for 30 seconds and stir. (Total heating time 1.5 minutes). Heat to clear and stir slowly to minimize bubbles.

6th Step:

Add in your distillate. Stir while adding and stir until completely mixed. Once you think it's stirred good enough, stir some more.

*Ensuring your mixture is evenly stirred and all ingredients are thoroughly combined is very important!

7th Step:

Fill the gummie mold with the mixture until the mixture is gone.

8th Step:

Let the gummie mixture sit out in the molds for 30 minutes.

9th Step:

Put gummies into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

10th Step:

Once the gummies have sat out for 30 minutes and in the fridge for 30 minutes, it's time to pop out the gummies onto some waxed paper.

The gummies will be sticky so sit them on end (least amount of surface area) apart from each other so they don't stick together.

11th step:

The gummies are ok to eat now, but, the remainder of the gummies will need to sit out for 24 hours to dry up and firm up a little bit. The longer they sit out the chewier or gummier they will be.

12th step:

Once they've sat out for the preferred time, sprinkle a small amount of corn starch over the gummies to coat them so they don't stick together.

They can now be placed into a jar or container for safe keeping.

Ingredients and times may vary from original recipe, ok to use for personal use, not for profit

Comments

• edited April 2020

The gummies turned out great. I'm still waiting for the remaining ones to dry up a little bit more before I starch them and store them.

The batch yeilded 108 gummies of varying sizes. If all caluculations were correct for the amount of distillate used, they should be close to 12 mg of thc a piece. I used some pineapple dream (close to 1g) and some northern lights (about .3 or .4g). I would say the total was 1.3 to 1.4g of distillate or slightly less overall because I had to extract some from a vape cart. My math was probably way off when I calculated it, I used some calculators on the web to verify my math.

12mg doesn't seem to be a lot, but trust me when I say, it's enough. The lecithin allows oil molecules to bind to water molecules. Some say it helps with absorption and allowing molecules to bind easier when ingested but who knows. I think that it helps and I think it helped in a less is more capacity.

Anyway, as I'm making the gummies and as I'm done with each utensil, I cleaned the utensils and ate the gummie mixture on them (haha didn't want any to go to waste). I was completely sober when I started making them and by the time I was done, I was really questioning my life choices!

We went to a friends house shortly after I was done making them and I was pretty freaked out about going anywhere at that point in time. The total amount of mixture left to clean out of the bowl and the dropper was only about 5-7 gummies worth.

The initial effect was intense euphoria and strong head buzz, but I would say 30 minutes into it, the buzz was intensely radiating all throughout my body. 30 minutes after that, I was completely numb and my arms and legs felt like jello. My face and lips were numb (which never happens). When we got to our friends house, I could hardly get out of the vehicle I was so melted into the seat.

The intensity lasted for a good 3-4 hours. It would come and go as waves. I would be good for about 30 and then back for about 30. I was basically in lawnchair lock this whole time! I didn't want to move.

My friend ate a couple to begin with. I warned him that at the time I wasn't sure how strong they were so I told him to wait and see. He ended up eating 5 of them and was about to the same point I was when we got to his house.

We normally smoke quite a few bowls while at his house, but last night we only smoked part of one and then the other part later on.

I slept great all night last night and woke up feeling energized and good.

Today, my wife and I tried the gummies again while we were outside around the house doing yardwork and getting the smoker primed and ready. She took half a gummie and I took one and a half. She said she felt good and relaxed. I would say 1 to 1.5 is about perfect. Nice head buzz and a good body buzz. Nice and relaxing, not overly intense and I'm still able to function.

I will definately be making these again. They turned out way better than expected.

• Great detail. Thanks!

• Thanks for the recipie !

• This is great! Thank you!

• Thanks for the recipe!!!!!!

• edited April 2020

This is pretty awesome thanks! Doing the math in comparing the costs, it seems that you can make your own for less than purchasing here. For example, 2 grams of vape refills runs $100, while 2 grams of THC gummies from med mama goes for $145. The extra ingredients wouldn't be too expensive, especially after the first batch. Plus, you can pick the strains you want to use and it sounds like fun. I know not everyone likes edibles, but I love em.

I love cooking and cooking projects like this, so I may try myself! But I still have about 35 gummies left from my last order so it may be a bit before I try it.

Now I need to figure out the costs of making 88% THC oil like that from flower.

• edited April 2020

@Sixwaychili Yeah, I'd like to learn how to make distillate also, but it seems like a slow and intensive process.

I love edibles! I actually prefer them to smoking even, but the high usually takes a bit to kick in. These were right around 25-30 mins and it was kickin.

I just wanted to make them myself because most I had been getting as freebies weren't consistent with the exception of the bears. I also really just wanted to try my hand at making them. It wasn't as a cost effective way to get them at first, but after you get the initial supplies for the 1st batch, it's about break even. The next batches will be less because a lot of the ingredients purchased for the first batch are still left over.

I was also looking for certain strains so that I could target the effects on this batch. Pineapple Dream is about a 50/50 hybrid and I had a little bit of Nothern Lights left so I plopped that in there as well. I don't know which NL it is though so not sure the strain sativa/indica %'s on the distillate. I picked a few others out that are mostly indicas so I'll try them out next.

Either way, it was a really nice blended high of both head and body.

If anyone does try them out, I would love to hear some feedback.

I think my next one will be either peanut brittle, cookie bites, no bake oatmeal bars, or brownie bites. Not really sure yet, but whatever I make, I will post the recipe for sure.

I really want to keep up on posting recipes so we can hopefully get a recipe section =).

Also thanks to every one for the kinds words and comments!