Super Silver Haze | Vape Refill Syringe review

edited August 2020 in Product Reviews

I can't remember if I mentioned picking this up, but not long ago I ordered my first vape refill syringes from MedMama. I ordered 1 order (so .. 2 syringes) but I wanted to try more than 1 strain since I don't vape very much. I requested a split of Super Silver Haze and Ghost Train Haze, which I received. They were individually packed immaculately, small, sturdy glass syringe, wrapped in a paper towel, then individually double vac sealed & labeled.

For a bit of background, I just recently started vaping for the first time, as a way to be more discreet when out in public, on the go, etc. my only frame of reference is that i ordered 2 half G carts, but since they were out, they sent me one full G cart of Amnesia haze. I didn't know how to feel about this as it tasted kind of unusual/minty. I couldn't tell if it was normal, but the effects were good, so it grew on me. This time, I decided to fill my own carts. I started out with a PCKT .5ml cart, a flat iron, and it was really easy to fill. after briefly heating the cart itself and then the syringe just until the bubble inside started to move freely, it squirted right in. I ordered an "oil fill syringe" with applicator tip but won't arrive til later.

while I haven't busted open the Ghost Train yet, the quality of this SSH is really fantastic. it's really flavorful and quite a bit stronger than the Amnesia. no minty taste. Tastes 100% like bud, terpenes, etc. And like I said, definitely a stronger Sativa buzz, although I still liked the effect that the Amnesia gave. Overall, I am really happy I did this. The ONE question I have, and i recognize that this may be an optical illusion, but.. this is a 1g syringe, and I filled a .5 cart.. . I'm not sure but it looks like there's less than 1/2 left in the syringe (the pic is after i filled it, i believe) . especially considering I didn't top it off all the way. Not a complaint, but a curiosity, since I haven't done this before, I'm not sure if that looks normal or not. Also, one detail is that the syringe ITSELF is not labeled, and also no graduations or lines etc. to see how much is in there. High quality materials throughout, but a small improvement that could be made.

So yeah, that's my new little setup, this is the 3rd device i've bought and I like it. I ordered the pen that they have on the menu just bc I knew it would work with their carts, and it was OK. not horrible quality, but definitely lower than my new one. If you've been on the fence, just do it!! it's cheaper than the pre-filled carts, in MY experience it was better, too.. and I can confirm that you don't need any other tip or syringe or anything, you can pre-fill the cart just by warming it up & squirting it in. (tagging @Rubygirl816 bc i know we talked about this :) also special thanks to @Bobn218 for giving me the initiative to actually do it) Overall, super stoked all around & now I have another option for workdays, vacations, on the go, etc. Highly highly recommend! thanks MedMama! excited to try the GTH now too...

Comments

• I don't think I mentioned but the name of the battery itself is the PCKT One Plus (i think. lol)

• Great review! How do you warm up the refill?

• @v32Finish thanks so much!! That makes me feel so much better about filling mine now when I get them!!! Super pumped now!

• And I’m going to go buy the pckt one device now too!

• @DudleyDiccle the 2 most common ways i have heard is to either run warm/hot water over the syringe, or use a hairdryer being careful not to get it too hot. i used a flat iron because it was what i had convenient. it doesn't matter how you warm it, you just want to get it somewhat runny to where the bubble move freely instead of slowwwwwly (or not at all). no problem! glad it was helpful.

• @Looper1 here is a great post about refilling vape carts. I’m waiting on some refills for the first time and get the anxiety about filling them and not wanting to waste product. I feel a little more confident now and can’t wait to get my refills. I will let you know how I do with them.

• Thanks Ruby, I never thought to do this! I will start bumping/linking people to this post in the future whenever somebody asks about the refills!

• also, for anyone who's worried, here's a link to the awesome little applicator syringe i ordered.

https://www.vpm.com/luer-lock-oil-syringe/

you HONESTLY don't need this, but if you're like me, who was worried about it anyway, you might wanna get one bc it's cheap ($5? maybe less?) .. again i would re-iterate that it's still very clean and easy without this, but still nice to have.

i would say as a TDLR of this whole topic: as long as you heat the refill syringe itself AND the empty cartridge, you can just squirt it right in there. easy peasy. heating the oil makes it more viscous, and heating the cartridge itself keeps it from hitting that cold glass and metal of the syringe and thickening back up again.

• @v32Finish i actually saw that syringe and thought about getting it, before you posted how easy it was to refill without the blunt tip we had talked about! Just going to do it your way! Thanks I do feel more confident I can do it now with no issue.

• yeah it's really not necessary. but i thought i would throw it up there in case anyone is on the fence. lol . I'm glad I could help. It was @Bobn218 who gave me the confidence to do it, so. . kinda funny, we just kinda pass it along. i'm sure you'll fill yours up with no prob, then you'll be the one giving someone else the confidence they need to just say screw it :joy:

• I use a blow dryer and warm the syringe until I see the bubble moving in it and then warm the cart. While your filling, turn the cart.

• I take a glass 1 cup measuring cup of water. Microwave 85 seconds. Then put the refill cartridge into the cup and let sit 1-2 minutes. Remove and attach syringe and fill the cart.
    I use a 99% lab grade isopropyl Alchohol for clean up. It's about a 5-8 min process to fill the cart start to finish.

• Those spark carts are some of the best I agree I have tried so far no leaked oil or wasted oil they have a new ceramic one i cant wait to try. I use a lighter to gently warm oil in syringe and also warm up the glass cart with lighter it works well you just have to go around in a slow circle on top of cart and it does the job. Not too much heat and let gravity do the rest add a little more heat near air bubble it will come right up to the top

• @615don i don’t know if they are still doing it, but they were giving a free ceramic cartridge on the pckt website. The new ones are great. I order them all the time.